crashcarson15

2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

Can't say I like the electrical tape striping, but otherwise it's not too bad. I agree that taking the orange out of the MLS patches would be an improvement.

There appears to be a distinct difference between how smooth the stripe material looks on Lampard and how buckled and ugly it looks on David Villa.

The more I look at that shirt the more I am liking it. Actually it is one of the best shirts that's going to be used in MLS.

It's not even the best looking MLS Club in New York...

It's the only MLS club in New York.

Which is why they're the MLS club in New York.

USL Pro Austin Aztex (Columbus Crew affiliate) new home shirt:

10817625_548240755319268_2086931632_n.jp

Away shirt is same, but in white.

loving the fact Admiral are doing a fine job.

Here is a mockup of the NYCFC away jersey leak that someone else did.

B3OurcOIAAEqxRd.jpg

hmm, same striping as the whitecaps white jersey from this season, but different hem and collar.

Similar striping, to be sure. But the Whitecaps have thinner stripes, and more of them.

VAN_primaryFRONT(FORMATTED).jpg

The striping is more taken from the old Schalke kit. These stripes are also used by other teams this season (Wales for example).

S04-Heimtrikot-2012-2013-schalke-trikot-

I am so, so, so happy that the NYCFC road kit is black and not navy.

The sooner MLS moves away from the perceived need that your away kit has to be the secondary color or white, the better.

Case in point: Orlando City. Was really hoping that they'd go for a red clash shirt. It's not in their palette, sure, but it would tie back to the USL days while still looking sharp. Shame.

I agree, although I'm not sure that red is distinct enough from purple to avoid a clash.

If they were playing a dark blue or black team it would still work.

Black they could probably keep their regular purple.

But since they're not allowed a third, they need at least one option among their two kits that can work any possible opponent. So red would be out.

I would think that black and purple would be hard to distinguish, but other than Columbus and LA no one other than DC United use black regularly.

Black they could probably keep their regular purple.

But since they're not allowed a third, they need at least one option among their two kits that can work any possible opponent. So red would be out.

Who would a red shirt clash against that a purple one doesn't...? The only times the purple is going to clash would be against navy blue or black teams — and red would work fine with them.

I mean, hell, the Fire's two kits this past year were red with navy sleeves/upper body and navy. Sporting had three kits that clashed with each other!

I'm not actually sure that purple and red are distinct enough so as not to invoke a clash.

I'd be surprised if the refs allowed Orlando to wear their purples when playing in Salt Lake City, for example.

US-Soccer-Development-Championship-Game-

And while their purple shirts would definitely clash with Colorado's claret, I don't see how a red change kit would be a whole lot better.

6a00e54ef2975b88330167639c20b6970b-pi.jp

So Orlando needs something farther removed from their regular palette. Once they're allowed a third kit, then you can talk red.