2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely think something about that uniform has to do in some part to the protest from the US Team to FIFA regarding the World Cup this year being played on turf. Certainly since it's only the US Women using them.

Hey Fifa? You want us to play on Field Turf? And, you want us to play monochrome? Ok, well, we're going white and black so you can't use us in our uniforms any of your promo material and we're going to be unquestionably dull and non descript this entire tournament. We don't want to remember this World Cup as we're treated like second class athletes playing on carpet. And yeah, since we won't be getting grass stains on the unis, we'll put our own electric green on the socks.

And, possibly that its played here in Canada; maybe wanting remove any red to avoid clashes?...but that's a stretch, and they could've then just used blue instead of black, but consciously, seemingly, chose not to.

That's the only way this makes sense...considering how up in arms the field turf issue has gotten and how upset the US team seems to be about being regarded by Fifa as second class athletes, I wouldn't put it past the team to choose this as a protest kit/middle finger to Fifa, and Nike has to basically oblige to keep the contract.

Or, the real unis were in the van that Jerramy Stevens drove drunk (with his wife Hope, the US goalie), and that van was impounded for reveal day....

Besiktas Home:

ob_bc4a77_besiktas-yeni-formalar-2015-20

Ahh man, I like Besiktas. Why doesn't Adidas put any effort into them? :/

You need to google image their kits if you think that.

glory10.png

I definitely think something about that uniform has to do in some part to the protest from the US Team to FIFA regarding the World Cup this year being played on turf. Certainly since it's only the US Women using them.

Hey Fifa? You want us to play on Field Turf? And, you want us to play monochrome? Ok, well, we're going white and black so you can't use us in our uniforms any of your promo material and we're going to be unquestionably dull and non descript this entire tournament. We don't want to remember this World Cup as we're treated like second class athletes playing on carpet. And yeah, since we won't be getting grass stains on the unis, we'll put our own electric green on the socks.

And, possibly that its played here in Canada; maybe wanting remove any red to avoid clashes?...but that's a stretch, and they could've then just used blue instead of black, but consciously, seemingly, chose not to.

That's the only way this makes sense...considering how up in arms the field turf issue has gotten and how upset the US team seems to be about being regarded by Fifa as second class athletes, I wouldn't put it past the team to choose this as a protest kit/middle finger to Fifa, and Nike has to basically oblige to keep the contract.

Or, the real unis were in the van that Jerramy Stevens drove drunk (with his wife Hope, the US goalie), and that van was impounded for reveal day....

Again, actions against the turf situation were led by the players, not the federation. The USSF president is also a member of the FIFA Executive Committee. Anyone involved in signing off on Nike's designs was either pro-turf or doesn't care either way.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

No. Just...no.

I never liked Adidas at all until the 2014 Condivo template, which is probably the best football shirt template i've ever seen. Every team that uses it looks awesome.

I can't stand that template.

Regarding the USWNT uniforms, I have a huge huge personal opinion.

This latest design isn't good or right or even respectful, in my mind.

The USWNT is one of the front runners in women's sports. They're one of the most important things to happen in history for girls like me who went from kicking around a soccer ball to actually being able to dream about playing a sport on an important stage. (For the record, that was never really an option for me- but still, to be able to dream!!) Men's sports wish they had USWNT success and they keep raising the bar and aiming for parity between men and women. The USWNT is a big deal.

I wouldn't care if Nike turned US Soccer into some sort of Oregon for producing outrageous and loud uniforms in soccer...but don't dishonor our traditions and our importance. America is flag obsessed. That's who we are. That's something people from all over the world note- how much we care about our red, white, and blue.

At least prior experimentations with colors and the USWNT had a rhyme or reason, no matter how absurd. The gold kit and gold trim were added because the USWNT was the 'golden team' (that turned out to be a horrible idea.)... and the "black widow" kits had a cool theme behind them, because, you know, black widows eat their mates and girl power and all that. Black and volt has nothing, and they've completely removed our red, white, and blue.

It's just a shirt. It's just a kit. It's just some colors. But they're *our* colors. They're American colors. Its my flag. It's my pride.

I believe its very safe to say the women don't love it as much as Nike is telling us they are. Here's a screen shot of Megan Rapinoe's twitter, one of the ones Nike claims loves the kit:

xDYu4kA.png

for the record, I've had a great experience as a woman in sports. I'm not accusing anyone of sexism or anything. I'm just saying this is a team that's really really important and done a lot of inspiring for girls and women since it's inception, and it's a disgrace regardless.

The USWNT is one of the front runners in women's sports. They're one of the most important things to happen in history for girls like me who went from kicking around a soccer ball to actually being able to dream about playing a sport on an important stage. (For the record, that was never really an option for me- but still, to be able to dream!!) Men's sports wish they had USWNT success and they keep raising the bar and aiming for parity between men and women. The USWNT is a big deal.

I wouldn't care if Nike turned US Soccer into some sort of Oregon for producing outrageous and loud uniforms in soccer...but don't dishonor our traditions and our importance. America is flag obsessed. That's who we are. That's something people from all over the world note- how much we care about our red, white, and blue.

At least prior experimentations with colors and the USWNT had a rhyme or reason, no matter how absurd. The gold kit and gold trim were added because the USWNT was the 'golden team' (that turned out to be a horrible idea.)... and the "black widow" kits had a cool theme behind them, because, you know, black widows eat their mates and girl power and all that. Black and volt has nothing, and they've completely removed our red, white, and blue.

It's just a shirt. It's just a kit. It's just some colors. But they're *our* colors. They're American colors. Its my flag. It's my pride.

[trimmed for length]

Your profile pic was perfectly engineered for this post.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

[trimmed for length of my rant]

To further this point, my hat is from the '94 World Cup. My parents brought it back for me when they went to Atlanta for a match (something about having more fun without their young kids) and I've a toddler denim kit in storage somewhere.

[trimmed for length of my rant]

To further this point, my hat is from the '94 World Cup. My parents brought it back for me when they went to Atlanta for a match (something about having more fun without their young kids) and I've a toddler denim kit in storage somewhere.

Dude I'm so jealous.

spacer.png

I believe its very safe to say the women don't love it as much as Nike is telling us they are. Here's a screen shot of Megan Rapinoe's twitter, one of the ones Nike claims loves the kit:

xDYu4kA.png

for the record, I've had a great experience as a woman in sports. I'm not accusing anyone of sexism or anything. I'm just saying this is a team that's really really important and done a lot of inspiring for girls and women since it's inception, and it's a disgrace regardless.

I'm not even bothered much by the colors they use. The problem with Nike is that so many of their designs look like they took two minutes to draw up. Their designs for the 2010 World Cup made their national teams (U.S included) look super cartoony. I just don't understand the company's design process at all. I get myself all worked up just talking about it.

kGFTWyb.png

It's part of the Magners logo. Unless it's straight black and white it's going to be on there. Any chance they try to add Rangers if they make it up?

USA should take that America shirt, color the inserts navy and the body white and replace that BS women's kit right now.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived