2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the beginning, I've hated the subtle Adidas stripes that they've unveiled for their big clubs like Bayern and Real Madrid, and this matchup proves that it was a bad idea. I know there are only so many things you can do with a Bayern kit, but I really think you can only use white or blue for the stripes.

spacer.png

If clubs could just stop wearing new kits in the old season, that would be nice. Bayern is a huge offender of this having done it even in Champions League and German Cup Finals.

It'll be a pretty bad start for a kit to get kicked out of the Allianz Arena by Augsburg and Barca.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Here's the thing: When I first saw Bayern's new home kit, I thought it looked really nice. Clean. Kind of elegant - fitting the club.
Having now seen it in action I am not so convinced anymore. You could hardly make out the burgundy stripes (which I really dig as an idea!), so in the end it just looked like a plain red shirt. Maybe it'll grow on me, though.

That being said, I am all with you guys, when it comes to clubs wearing their new kits already on the last two or so matchdays of the old season. It makes no sense to me. Especially in a case like Bayern's where they often win the championship and all the pictures you see from the celebrations will be them wearing a kit they had not worn all season long. I found that to be especially strange in 1998 or whenever it was, when they had the blue and red striped jerseys but all of the sudden on the last matchday when they were given the trophy they were wearing those weird new dark navy (almost black-ish looking) kits. I also thought it was strange when they wore the new kits in the Champions League final against Dortmund. It did work out in the end, though, so that is that.

Word is that LAFC is indeed going to be called LAFC, with black home kits and red aways. (source: https://twitter.com/tempofreesoccer/status/597191445070512128)

Still think generic FC names are bland, and actually quite terrible in a market where there already exists a football club with 20 years of history.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Yeah, but when that existing team has such a profoundly stupid name, going in exactly the opposite direction is usually a good thing.

Your Twitter link is broken, but this news doesn't surprise me; black and red is the perfect counterpoint to the (sigh) Galaxy's white and blue.

Bayern's new kit in action. Can't say I'm too impressed, it just looks rather bland.

560CDA23-CB08-4A8C-B7C5-3E90212E38B3.jpg

Is Pepe Reina wearing his socks inside out (and backwards)?

maybe they are new cleats, and he's wearing them inside out to prevent blisters. I know it helps me when I'm breaking in a new pair of boots.

New details of the Arsenal kit on Footy Headlines.

Interesting graphic on the back of the neck. Curious to see what the story is on that. Maybe a reference to the art deco influences of the 30s?

arsenal-15-16-home-kit%2B(4).jpg

New details of the Arsenal kit on Footy Headlines.

Interesting graphic on the back of the neck. Curious to see what the story is on that. Maybe a reference to the art deco influences of the 30s?

arsenal-15-16-home-kit%2B(4).jpg

Are they wearing this rn against Swansea? Or did they have a jersey with stripes in their 2014-15 kits package? I think I saw Olivier Giroud during warmups wearing it

EDIT: Nevermind, they're wearing their usual kit. I guess my eyes deceived me

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

First Hudson Derby. NYC looked great but played like crap!

red-bulls-nycfc-lewis.jpg?w=720&h=480&cr

Wish NYCFC wore their blues. I wonder if they have blue socks, or NYRB have red socks to change into? At any rate, it's odd that the league promoted the matchup as Red vs. Blue and then trotted out a white shirt vs. a black shirt. Not ideal optics in my opinion.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived