2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

What are Arsenal supporters' opinions on the raglan sleeves? My feeling is that the white should never protrude onto the shoulders, but I don't know what the purists think...

I think they're absolutely horrendous. The white should stay on the sleeves, and that's it. Not the shoulders, or the side panels.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate them.

All that white may technically be the sleeves, but I don't like them. I don't even like how the white creeps up on the current shirt:

84149.jpg

I vastly prefer set-in sleeves.

arsenal-home-shirt-10-1.jpgarticle-2415861-1B9F91EB000005DC-744_306article-1290927-05942F5F0000044D-634_634

Granted, there is some historical precedent for the raglan sleeves. But I didn't like them then, and don't like them now.

zp_kits_05_1503.jpg

Better than the sleeve stripes though. I actually like the look, i just think if Puma made their shirts a liitle looser it wouldn't look like they're going on a bike trip instead of a soccer match.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

According to this article Germany will once again wear all white. Strange that the stripes appear to have disappeared from the shoulders. Any new regulation by FIFA that might have caused such a move?

1798293378-dfb-nationalmannschaft-trikot

That looks like someone created that in 2 minutes in MS Paint.

According to this article Germany will once again wear all white. Strange that the stripes appear to have disappeared from the shoulders. Any new regulation by FIFA that might have caused such a move?

1798293378-dfb-nationalmannschaft-trikot

That sounds horrible. Also according to this article the away kit will be dark grey with woven hoops (don't know what that means). The arms will be green with a neon yellow stripe at the end.

I guess the other Adidas teams will look bad too then in 2016/2017.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

What are Arsenal supporters' opinions on the raglan sleeves? My feeling is that the white should never protrude onto the shoulders, but I don't know what the purists think...

I prefer the more traditional sleeves, but I don't hate the raglan-style shirts. If the kit is going to change annually, they at least provide a little variety, even if it feels very 80s/90s to me.

"Variety" as its own goal is highly overrated, if any of the individual looks are bad. And this is bad.

There's a delicate red/white balance for Arsenal. With white shorts and socks, the raglan sleeves push them too far into the white. Maybe red socks would balance it out, but it's just not right as-is.

There's a delicate red/white balance for Arsenal. With white shorts and socks, the raglan sleeves push them too far into the white. Maybe red socks would balance it out, but it's just not right as-is.

I can't disagree with that. I really like when they wear red socks trimmed with white, and that would provide a bit more balance to the entire strip.

Everton Home

everton-15-16-home-kit%2B%25281%2529.jpg

A high schooler could probably make a better jersey than that. Not that it's bad, it's just literally the most boring jersey - ANY sport - that I've seen in my life.

spacer.png

The promo is cute, but I'm not sure I get it. Are they saying that Everton fans are born into it (contrasting with the more popular club across the street, which draws bandwagoners)?

Everton Home

everton-15-16-home-kit%2B%25281%2529.jpg

A high schooler could probably make a better jersey than that. Not that it's bad, it's just literally the most boring jersey - ANY sport - that I've seen in my life.

Nah, a high schooler would have added all sorts of geegaws and nonsense. Simple and clean is so much than an overdesigned, cluttered mess.

The promo is cute, but I'm not sure I get it. Are they saying that Everton fans are born into it (contrasting with the more popular club across the street, which draws bandwagoners)?

That's my read of it.

One of Everton's unofficial slogans adopted by the fans is "Evertonians are born not manufactured." which comes from a bigger quote. I don't know for sure exactly who said it but your understanding of it is correct.

Also count me in for "simple and clean" being better.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived