2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

*PURE SPECULATION ALERT*

I am fairly sure that it is only down to other manufacturers offering substantially more money per year than dropping Nike mainly for design reasons.

There's no way of actually proving it but common sense seems to indicate this to be true if you look at the deals made in each case - particularly the ones you mentioned Arsenal and Manchester United.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like nike's biggest downfall isn't the actual template, it's the fact that there's a really good chance that those teams play in the Champions League, looking like an inter squad game. I would totally understand if teams like Bradford City, the Rowdies, and West Sydney all had generic Nike alternates. But these are teams that have fans in nearly every country in the world WHICH YOU CAN SELL JERSEYS TO, but instead they use a fill tool and call it done. Something Adidas isn't lazy enough to do for the big teams they pay millions of dollars to.

I feel like nike's biggest downfall isn't the actual template, it's the fact that there's a really good chance that those teams play in the Champions League, looking like an inter squad game. I would totally understand if teams like Bradford City, the Rowdies, and West Sydney all had generic Nike alternates. But these are teams that have fans in nearly every country in the world WHICH YOU CAN SELL JERSEYS TO, but instead they use a fill tool and call it done. Something Adidas isn't lazy enough to do for the big teams they pay millions of dollars to.

They will obviously not play third vs. third in a CL match. Also, I like this for Nike. Third kits aren't allowed to have a team color on them anyway so you might aswell go crazy. They aren't worn often anyway and in no way will ever represent a clubs identity. They're not called "Clash" kits for nothing.

*PURE SPECULATION ALERT*

Remember how it was within the past couple of years that Nike seemed to drop a lot of top-tier clubs (Arsenal and Manchester United chief among them)? Since then, we've started seeing these templated away/third kits from Nike. Knowing how far in advance companies have to work to produce kits, is it possible that some of the clubs that went away from Nike saw their plans for the templated kits, decided they wanted no part of that and went out to get new suppliers?

Again, this is pure speculation. I have nothing to back this up.

Adidas does this with primary and secondary shirts every year so the third shirt would be the least of these teams' worries, complaints yes, worries no. Apparently Nike has decided that the third shirt is a way to show off their latest teamwear uniforms to a broader audience rather than hoping that Barca plays Manchester United and Juve plays PSG so they can show off all the looks over the season.

They will obviously not play third vs. third in a CL match. Also, I like this for Nike. Third kits aren't allowed to have a team color on them anyway so you might aswell go crazy. They aren't worn often anyway and in no way will ever represent a clubs identity. They're not called "Clash" kits for nothing.

I'd rather see the teams roll out another look that is solely their's or something that is a little less obviously used by multiple teams. With last season's kits, if they had a couple team go with collars and a couple without it would at least break up the looks a bit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I actually agree with everyone who said they liked the gradient Barca kit. Not my favorite of all time, but I still like it.

Also an unpopular opinion here, but I think that the PSG kits that they've had recently without the thick red stripe are better than the thick red stripe ones that everyone seems to fawn over.

They might be aesthetically better, but it’s about the equivalent of giving Liverpool a hooped home shirt or white shorts. That thick red stripe with the white outline is PSG’s identity, as much as vertical stripes is for Barça, red shirts with white sleeves is for Arsenal, or all-red is for Liverpool.

Actually Liverpools kit up to 1965 was to have white shorts with red and white striped socks. It was only when Bill Shankly took over they went all red. To say all red for Liverpool is factually incorrect.

So you’re telling me Liverpool supporters would be pleased if the club came out with a kit including white shorts next season?

If it was marketed as a throwback kit just like Arsenal did as the Redcurrant kit without the white sleeves then I doubt too much if it would cause controversy.

gun__1357645002_arsenal1913.jpg

Arsenal_-_171_millones_euros.jpg

That kit suffered from the same consensus we're reaching about the new Barca kit imo: it may look good, even great, but for another team, not one with as iconic a look (whenever that may have been established, although you can see why identities established in the ~70s, during the advent of internationally televised games, or since the ~90s, during the re-advent of EPL games being televised by major U.S. networks, have more of a firm grasp on the public, even if the long-long-time fans of the club itself can remember when things were different) as Arsenal or Barca.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Is that an actual FIFA regulation or just an unwritten rule you have?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Third kits aren't allowed to have a team color on them anyway

Is that an actual FIFA regulation or just an unwritten rule you have?

I think he is implying that since it is the third choice kit, the whole purpose of it is to provide an option for the team to wear when the usual colours are already taken by the opoosition. For example: Liverpool or Manchester United wouldn't have a red third choice kit as it would serve no purpose.

That's too bad about Barca's number font, I really really liked the one they had been using. Hopefully when we get the closer look at it it will look ok.

spacer.png

^Yeah, i see that too.

The numbers are fantastic actually, it is really sharp looking. But I don't like the names, the lines on the names kind of look distracting and take away from it.

spacer.png

Is anyone else seeing 2 yellows (name and number/ unicef and side stripe)

I'm seeing 3 actually: (1) name and number (2) UNICEF (3) side stripe

Those numbers are clearly just photoshopped on. The difference between the UNICEF and side stripe could just be a lighting thing.

Take a look at this photo posted by TimEO'Brien on the previous page:

pic_2015-05-26_NOVASAMARRETA_03-Optimize

If they are not all the same, then they are at least a lot closer than the images above suggest.

Archived