NBA uniform discussion

spoz851

76ers and Nets came out with wide shoulder unis together around 2000-2001. Here's a photo from the 2000 ASG dunk contest in Oakland.

hqdefault.jpg

Nothing else shows up before 2000 year.

The Raptors SPNM01_CARTER021.jpg

Raptors never truly had wide shoulder unis. Those in that picture is regular uniform.

tmacvc_010213_320.jpg

If you look at the 2001 All star game. Raptors and Nets are regular but Iverson has wide shoulder uniform. Nets only W/S uniform is the aforementioned grey alternate. Which according to the mother ship debuted in 98 but i don't believe it became w/s jersey until 2001. Thus the 9/11 patches on almost all the NETS grey alt w/s pics.

shado_logo.gif

76ers and Nets came out with wide shoulder unis together around 2000-2001. Here's a photo from the 2000 ASG dunk contest in Oakland.

hqdefault.jpg

Nothing else shows up before 2000 year.

The Raptors SPNM01_CARTER021.jpg

Raptors never truly had wide shoulder unis. Those in that picture is regular uniform.

tmacvc_010213_320.jpg

If you look at the 2001 All star game. Raptors and Nets are regular but Iverson has wide shoulder uniform. Nets only W/S uniform is the aforementioned grey alternate. Which according to the mother ship debuted in 98 but i don't believe it became w/s jersey until 2001. Thus the 9/11 patches on almost all the NETS grey alt w/s pics.

Those hawks uniforms were highly underrated. They are a million times better than what they have right now.

95allstar_627_071105.jpg

I absolutely loved these uniforms; I don't even care if it was in the crazy 90's.

what I love is how players couldn't have the same jersey number so some people had to switch like mourning did. Wish they would still do that

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Sonics '97 Red alternate was the first example of wide shoulders. The home and away were regular width, but the alternate experimented with a slightly different design. I couldn't find a good in-game photo, but you get the idea. As far as the Nets gray alternate, I think that was more the trend of players wearing baggier jerseys. I've never really liked the wider shoulders, and I'm hoping that they die out with the Rockets template shift next season.

ZmEYCCA.png3R2ppGg.jpg

Archived