Are the Bruins the only team whose home socks aren't the same color as the jersey?

Sean F&F

The Bruins home jersey is black but their socks are yellow. It's been like this forever. To my knowledge, they're the only team in the NHL that does this. I'm pretty sure every other team has the socks that match the jersey.

Patrice%20Bergeron%202.0.jpg

I really like the look. I think it's the yellow (gold) yoke that really completes the look, although it looked good even when they didn't have the yoke.

4194.jpg

So is there any other team? And what do you guys think of this?

The Ducks socks are black based. It's supposed to look like the sleeve striping is upside down on the socks like the Mighty Ducks uniforms were.

1802570b.jpg

Man, looking at that image makes me really miss the old jade-and-eggplant look, especially given the lack of a "purple" team in the league. Back on topic, I like the yellow (gold) socks for the Bruins, and I always considered the Mighty Ducks socks and the Ducks socks to be the lighter colors (jade and orange, respectively), and I really like them both. I think the opposite color socks can work, in certain circumstances, mostly for color balance.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The Bruins home jersey is black but their socks are yellow. It's been like this forever. To my knowledge, they're the only team in the NHL that does this. I'm pretty sure every other team has the socks that match the jersey.

Patrice%20Bergeron%202.0.jpg

I really like the look. I think it's the yellow (gold) yoke that really completes the look, although it looked good even when they didn't have the yoke.

4194.jpg

So is there any other team? And what do you guys think of this?

Kinda OT and may be an unpopular opinion, but I like the jersey in the bottom pic better than the current unis on the top.

I'm gonna say that the sock has to have the same color on the top and bottom of the sock.

The Ducks and Caps have color 1, stripe design, and color 2. The Bruins have color 1, stripe design, color 1.

The Islanders and Kings ones work though. I like the Kings ones. Once again, I think the yoke adds enough purple to the jersey that balances it with the socks.

The Islanders are a little different though, as their socks are the same color as the pants.

The Ducks socks are black based. It's supposed to look like the sleeve striping is upside down on the socks like the Mighty Ducks uniforms were.

1802570b.jpg

ducks3rd2.jpg

Even though the gold and the white need to be flipped for it to be exact on the current set.

The black striping pattern is extending up onto the orange background I think. I'd say the socks are primarily orange. Doesn't help the look at all.

I'm one of the few people who actually prefers the Ducks current logos and colours but those jerseys are absolute garbage

Archived