Best looking current MLB hat

damnyoutuesday

This is like arguing which supermodel is the hottest. There's so many really great caps, at some point it just comes down to whether you like blondes or brunettes. And you wouldn't kick any of them out of bed.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like arguing which supermodel is the hottest. There's so many really great caps, at some point it just comes down to whether you like blondes or brunettes. And you wouldn't kick any of them out of bed.

I was gonna quote this and say "I'd kick this hat out of bed" with an ugly MLB cap, but to be honest, you're right. No MLB hat is incredibly ugly.

I was gonna quote this and say "I'd kick this hat out of bed" with an ugly MLB cap, but to be honest, you're right. No MLB hat is incredibly ugly.
Even if there's a couple you really hate, there's still a ton of great caps. Trying to objectively choose a best one seems silly.

Even if there's a couple you really hate, there's still a ton of great caps. Trying to objectively choose a best one seems silly.

Baseball just looks so damn good right now. It always has. Design-wise I have nothing to complain about

The Yankees have to be up there. It's a classic, iconic logo on a simple cap. Very effective. The history behind it is nice, but rather beside the point. Design alone elevates it.

I'd put the Dodgers and Tigers right up there, too, and for the same reason. Along with the Pirates and A's. Simple, bold, classic.

I've gotta say, the new twins hats are pretty cool

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=53338046&cp=53035806

Couldn't disagree more, by far the worst part of the new set. Initial reaction is my least favorite hat in Twins history

True.

And I think the Twins know it, which is why they're "alternate" caps and not the new primaries. Lack the courage of their convictions.

I've gotta say, the new twins hats are pretty cool

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=53338046&cp=53035806

Couldn't disagree more, by far the worst part of the new set. Initial reaction is my least favorite hat in Twins history

True.

And I think the Twins know it, which is why they're "alternate" caps and not the new primaries. Lack the courage of their convictions.

The silver lining could be the gold outlining...ha.

I am looking forward to seeing it in action a bit more to get a sense of whether the outline helps to make the red "C" more visible. If so, I guess that's a benefit. I am against the change overall, but there may be a bit of value here.

And yeah, by calling this cap "alternate", the Twins are essentially waiting out on the fan reaction before deciding whether to actually commit to it. If the fan response (particularly at the pro shop) is weak, then it'll probably be essentially shelved by July and never heard from again. That's kinda my prediction; the Giants have added gold accents and not done it to the hat, so the Twins can too, I guess.

I am kinda waiting this out. I rarely say this but...I'll decide after it gets on the field. Honestly, the biggest problem the cap has is how weird it's going to seem to fans. Another problem is that the gold outlines almost touch each other on the "C" and the "crossbar" of the "T". That bugs me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm heavily biased as a Cardinals fan, but this is my favorite.

pMLB2-3537800reg.jpg

And I've also always liked the Dodgers hats/uniforms, but I like the Royals a little better because of the stylized KC. Keeps the "clean and crisp" look of the Dodgers, but a little more curvaceous. And honestly, who doesn't enjoy more curves...

991mlfc%20acp%20roy%20gm1.jpg

Firstly great thread topic.

The Yankees are on their own plane as many posters have pointed out.

And I agree that every team has a great cap, either logo or colors wise.

My rankings are:

1) Indians - amazing logo which may eventually be phased out. The red and blue go great with any wardrobe. Shown in film and TV (Major League; Drew Carey show)

2) White Sox - reserved black and white combo again can be universally applied. The logo had been marqueed by music artists since the late 80s.

3) Dodgers - instantly recognizable in tying to the city it's from. Best blue and white combo in hats.

4) Rockies - strictly a personal choice as I'm a sucker for purple especially in the way Colorado employs it with black and silver. The logo is unique as no other 'CR' can be found in sports.

My only gripe is that the authentics feel heavy and encumbered on the head. Not something one can wear everyday.

Probably the only caps I would ever own aside from a Tribe cap are the Pirates solid black with the gold P, and the Nationals all red with the white W.

Beautiful.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived