Toronto Raptors

Lights Out

i think this is really solid. the biggest problem is the type. i think both Raptors and Toronto should be taller. more importantly, there are so many strokes around the type it comes close to unreadable. the white jersey is the worst, but you have all these strokes crashing into each other and filling in negative space and you're losing the form of the letters. i would remove at least 1 stroke color and open up the kerning just a bit

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

As always, you do an excellent job on these. This is a solid modernization of a throwback. Only things I see is I would outline the letters in gold. I don't have a problem with gold surrounding black on their unis as discussed, I just wouldn't abandon purple and red as primary colors for it.

The red throwback looks good but I'm getting too many Detroit Piston vibes off of it. I would add a little more purple and/or black.

Like the home uni. I get a Toronto Husky feel from it.

Excellent job all around.

I like that. Is that a custom font?

It's one of Conrad's fonts.

Who is this Conrad and where can I find his fonts? And are they free?

There is a thread for his free fonts

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/93431-fonts-by-conrad-miscellaneous-pack-4-now-up/

And if you don't know who Conrad is. .you betta ask somebody!! He's big time aka the Don Coreleone of SportsLogos boards!

shado_logo.gif

I like that. Is that a custom font?

It's one of Conrad's fonts.

Who is this Conrad and where can I find his fonts? And are they free?

There is a thread for his free fonts

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/93431-fonts-by-conrad-miscellaneous-pack-4-now-up/

And if you don't know who Conrad is. .you betta ask somebody!! He's big time aka the Don Coreleone of SportsLogos boards!

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. As is this Conrad fellow for not charging for his fonts.

I don't mind it, but it feels like it's missing something. Perhaps the pinstripes could be jagged like the inagural set?

They are jagged.

Didn't see that the 1st time...... lol. I feel like using different colours for the pinstripes could make it pop more.

I was going to make the pinstripes contrasting colors, but it only hurt the legibility of the design. Considering that the wordmarks and numbers are purposefully outline-heavy in order to work in all their colors, there would have been too many competing elements.

Plus the sublimated pinstripes are simply more modern and clean, which fits in with my goal of cleaning up and modernizing their inaugural uniforms.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I was going to make the pinstripes contrasting colors, but it only hurt the legibility of the design. Considering that the wordmarks and numbers are purposefully outline-heavy in order to work in all their colors, there would have been too many competing elements.

Plus the sublimated pinstripes are simply more modern and clean, which fits in with my goal of cleaning up and modernizing their inaugural uniforms.

Removing the outlines of the wordmarks allows the multi-coloured pinstripes to work. At least, I'd try that out.

Archived