Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

Let's see...the 25th anniversary of the 1991 World Series championship is 2016. (Wow...feeling old).

I guess they can now wear a throwback. Will they? Probably. Would have missed that opportunity had they not made this change. They will be wearing (counting camo) five different jerseys at home that year. Yeah.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should the sleeve stripes not be (from the top) red, blue, gold OR gold, red, blue to match the order in which the colors appear on the script ?

don´t see how the gold can be the middle stripe ?

IMO, gold should not be on the collar or sleeve stripes. Heck, even take away gold from the pants stripes. Just keep gold on the wordmarks, number and the NOB if it isn't one color.
Allright, but since they are there, perhaps someone else can give their 2 cents, should the colors not be in a different order ?

I don't understand why a clean wordmark is "soulless", but that's apparently just me. It's superior in every way.

It's a case by case basis with me. The original script does have that "scribbled on a cocktail napkin" feel, which is way too organic. The 1987 script, with a single outline, was great. "Hand crafted," but clean and bold.

The Phillies' current script, however, is way too "perfect" for me. I'd much prefer the original handrawn script it was based on. That, unlike the original Twins script, wasn't a rushed and sloppy mess. It seemed more natural then the ballooned version that they went with in the early 1990s.

You know, if they really wanted to introduce another color, why not go with the gray shown above? That's a much better look.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You know, if they really wanted to introduce another color, why not go with the gray shown above? That's a much better look.

I agree 100 percent. It would be unique and not such a huge departure from its historical color pallete.

Because it wouldn't match the color of the stone seen around the stadium, or some crap that they try to feed us.

I don't understand why a clean wordmark is "soulless", but that's apparently just me. It's superior in every way.

This. Especially considered that it's not a script at all, it's a serifed font.

I've been thinking more about this, and I agree to an extent with you guys. The Twins are a bad example because the second iteration of the "script" is not really a script at all. The comparison is nearing apples/oranges territory. Soulless would be like using MS Brush Script or a similar font to try and capture a truly hand-lettered feel.

Prediction for five years from now?

1. Twins are back to something very similar to 2010-14
  2. Twins have gone all-in on throwback (even changing the scoreboard)
  3. Twins have gold on all uniforms (road, alt, hat) save for the throwback that we know they'll still be wearing
  4. Twins still have gold at home not on road; essentially 2015 still going in 2020.
  5. Overhaul that looks like nothing we've seen yet / Other mix of current and past

My prediction is #2.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the road word mark being so different than the home bothers me much more than the lack of gold.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Aren't drop shadows supposed to be darker than the object casting the shadow? And would it have killed them to update the primary logo to match the new script?

I'd rant on about the inconsistencies, break from tradition, and overall unnecessity of this, but I'd be preaching to the choir.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 2 months later...

Archived