Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

Here's some mockup possibilities of what we might be looking at.

I used both "athletic gold" (yellow) and "metallic gold" (tan).

From a historical standpoint it makes no sense, but aesthetically neither is a bad addition. Though if it spawns a "GFGS" trend then we have a problem.

The two wordmarks on the right are serviceable. I don't think they are necessary, but serviceable.

The upper-right cap logo is the best...and the silver (well, gold) lining may be the separation of the red from the blue. However, wouldn't the outlines continue on the letters? IE, the vertical lines along the "T" as it crosses above the "C" and the horizontal lines along the "C" as it runs above the "T"?

Thanks for doing this...definitely hoping for no bright yellow now...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love Love Love this. One of the best color combos is Navy, Dark Red and Vegas Gold. Hope they darken the red to make it perfect. I love the Twins identity, but it has it's flaws, and one of those is the tWINs script. It's way outdated now I feel. But that retro cursive script is beauty on the Creams and Roads. They can do a lot with this I feel.

The two wordmarks on the right are serviceable. I don't think they are necessary, but serviceable.

The upper-right cap logo is the best...and the silver (well, gold) lining may be the separation of the red from the blue. However, wouldn't the outlines continue on the letters? IE, the vertical lines along the "T" as it crosses above the "C" and the horizontal lines along the "C" as it runs above the "T"?

Thanks for doing this...definitely hoping for no bright yellow now...

I thought the same thing after I posted it. This was just a quick photoshop job to get an idea what it might look like.

Pretty sure it will be the red wordmark, outlined in navy and gold. The red outline with gold shadow doesn't work, as the colors are too bright and they kind of bleed into each other on a white background.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've never heard anyone complain that the red C is unreadable, or that they think it's Cincinnati when there's a big honking T going through the middle (they also don't confuse the Reds and the Chicago Bears even though they have almost identical C's.)

50 years of history says the TC stays how it is. Hands off!

I've never heard anyone complain that the red C is unreadable, or that they think it's Cincinnati when there's a big honking T going through the middle (they also don't confuse the Reds and the Chicago Bears even though they have almost identical C's.)

Maybe because one plays football while the other plays baseball.

I don't understand any type of assertion that the TC logo is not untouchable. If the Twins were to alter that mark at all, even casual fans of the sport and team here in MN would react to it. Any suggestion otherwise (especially by those who don't understand the culture of the Twins nearly as much as OnWis, jujubeans, and MNTwins) is quite honestly baffling to me

The Vikings, who have been in Minnesota just as long and are more beloved, just updated their logo. If the Norseman can be updated without people burning villages (heh) the Twins can change the font or color of the TC. Don't be silly.

Love Love Love this. One of the best color combos is Navy, Dark Red and Vegas Gold. Hope they darken the red to make it perfect. I love the Twins identity, but it has it's flaws, and one of those is the tWINs script. It's way outdated now I feel. But that retro cursive script is beauty on the Creams and Roads. They can do a lot with this I feel.

Absolutely not to navy, dark red and gold. If you want to see that dreary crap, go look at the '90s Denver Nuggets. That color scheme might be attractive on a sweater or a necktie, but it looks awful on a sports team.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

My Twins spiel:

The Twins should have everything in red outlines with navy as the base on white and white as the base on navy. Use the old tailed Twins script from the throwbacks, white, not cream. The TC monogram should be one color with a modified C, like so:

mK7oQc6.jpg

Where's the ®?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't understand any type of assertion that the TC logo is not untouchable. If the Twins were to alter that mark at all, even casual fans of the sport and team here in MN would react to it. Any suggestion otherwise (especially by those who don't understand the culture of the Twins nearly as much as OnWis, jujubeans, and MNTwins) is quite honestly baffling to me

The Vikings, who have been in Minnesota just as long and are more beloved, just updated their logo. If the Norseman can be updated without people burning villages (heh) the Twins can change the font or color of the TC. Don't be silly.

The changes to the Vikings logo were so subtle that I bet 9/10 Minnesotans don't even know it was changed. The logo posted above isn't a subtle touch-up.

ALykGdZ.png

I never thought of that until I got on this board...but it is. Google your favorite Twins players. Up-close studio shots look fine. But on in-action shots, the white "T" is visible while the red "c" is sometimes barely noticeable.

(I personally don't care about the wishbone C and the Reds...Cleveland has used it as well...it's essentially just a font.)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Absolutely not to navy, dark red and gold. If you want to see that dreary crap, go look at the '90s Denver Nuggets. That color scheme might be attractive on a sweater or a necktie, but it looks awful on a sports team.

I'm talking about how clean and classy this looks

SB1352_sm_MTO.jpg

(yes I know I just used a necktie to try to prove your necktie comparison wrong. Tough)

Not when it's used like the 90's nuggets did

mkuAxRhNwiFfwsxhOeVGIjw.jpg

If Navy is the main color with a not bright Red as the secondary and gold (like Rams gold) as a trim, that is going to be one classy look

The changes to the Vikings logo were so subtle that I bet 9/10 Minnesotans don't even know it was changed. The logo posted above isn't a subtle touch-up.

In fairness, this is true. Hell, if not for the boards, I don't know that I'd have noticed it. It's an improvement, but pretty subtle.

Regarding the "untouchable" TC...well, it looks like it's being touched, at least on an alt cap. I tend to think my preferred red on white (or white on red) look would be received well enough after an initial "huh?" Reshaping the letters as done in the concept would meet a bit more resistance but I think we'd get used to it, so I don't quire call it "untouchable."

POTD (Shared)

The color and border style could change, but switching to the one you posted with the different 'C' would really be a slap in the face to Twins tradition and fans à la the Islanders Fisherman logo fiasco.

This is a grand overstatement, especially for a Minnesotan.

What? Why?

Because Fishsticks was a radical departure from how the Islanders had always looked. Not only did they change the logo completely, they added trendy colorsand weird uniforms. I'm proposing a series of very small tweaks. In fact by sticking to the navy, red, and pinstripes that date back to the Washington Senators, I'm being more conservative in my approach to the Twins than the actual Twins are by removing pinstripes and adding gold.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If the Norseman can be updated without people burning villages (heh) the Twins can change the font or color of the TC.

They can, but they shouldn't. I've never had a problem with the current TC, and I don't see the need to change it.

Admittedly, I'm at work and the pictures don't show up on my computer. I'll have to look later, but I didn't imagine his change would have been too radical.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's basically the T from the '87-'09 Twins script with a flat bottom and a slab-serif C like the one the Blackhawks have. It's all one color. It's fundamentally still a T and a C. It's certainly not the Fishsticks logo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The color and border style could change, but switching to the one you posted with the different 'C' would really be a slap in the face to Twins tradition and fans à la the Islanders Fisherman logo fiasco.

This is a grand overstatement, especially for a Minnesotan.

What? Why?

Because Fishsticks was a radical departure from how the Islanders had always looked. Not only did they change the logo completely, they added trendy colorsand weird uniforms. I'm proposing a series of very small tweaks. In fact by sticking to the navy, red, and pinstripes that date back to the Washington Senators, I'm being more conservative in my approach to the Twins than the actual Twins are by removing pinstripes and adding gold.

I was actually questioning the "especially for a Minnesotan" bit. And yes comparing to Fishsticks is an exaggeration but it was the first example that came to mind.

ALykGdZ.png

Archived