Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what I had in mind:csAKyib.pngwJ7J7em.pngBtMf4Lw.jpgSecondary logo.

The color and border style could change, but switching to the one you posted with the different 'C' would really be a slap in the face to Twins tradition and fans à la the Islanders Fisherman logo fiasco.

This is a grand overstatement, especially for a Minnesotan.

Burn that TC cap, and I wouldn't mind that. The TC is tradition. It is a unique logo that has stood for 50+ years.

Nobody touches the TC, just like nobody touches the Yankees' NY

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Since the mothership can "100%" confirm the Twins are making significant uniform changes, I (a biased Twins fan) think it's threadworthy.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/11/04/farewell-pinstripes-twins-dropping-classic-look/

The Twins have really had three looks, all pretty basic red/white/blue. The mid-70s to 1986 look sticks out like a sore thumb because of the lack of pinstripes and the dedication to 70's/80s trends (huge arm cuffs, sansabelt, etc.). But really, the Twins have never gone too crazy. Even bad alts (DQ alt, sleeveless home alt) have maintained the color scheme.

So this is kinda a big deal (to the extent that anything involving the Twins can be).

Gold? On a hat? On the pinstripeless home primary?

I REALLY don't like where this is headed. I was pretty used to these uniforms and figured the only possible change would be to that cream throwback (and accompanying road change). I don't LOVE the current uniform, but I do like that they have stuck with the basics (as much as anyone outside of the Yankees) and don't feel they need a third color after over 50 years.

As always, wait until it comes out, but even if it looks great, I will miss the R/W/B-only...

Do we know WHICH gold we're getting? IE Current Brewers, or retro Brewers? I hope it's retro...

Anubis.png

This cream set is the best look for the Twins, in my opinion. The current script is too computer-generated-looking and reeks of the Metrodome.

100_1295.JPG

I love the cream, it looks great with the Red and Blue, matches the limestone. Dig it. If it becomes the standard though im going to have issue with the Script. It's nice for a throwback, but isn't great.

My only dream for this is the white crested hats to become the everyday, and the gold to be metallic. Like the cream, i think you could match it to the limestone that is all over target field.

Also, I always felt the pinstripes were other teams looks. I liked the set the Twins had, but I wasnt too attached. So lets do this. MIX IT UP!

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Twins should give up with the tweaks and start from scratch. They wouldn't have anything to worry about if, in 2010, in addition to the other adjustments they made, they would have just added a road wordmark in the same style as the home and brought back the "M" hat. Now it's all a total mess with the crappy throwback scripts. At least they're recognizing something needs to change by beginning to use gold.

Edit: Forgot to mention the "TC" logo isn't that great. As has been mentioned many times, the red hardly shows against the navy, not to mention the wishbone C is used by the Reds.

I don't understand any type of assertion that the TC logo is not untouchable. If the Twins were to alter that mark at all, even casual fans of the sport and team here in MN would react to it. Any suggestion otherwise (especially by those who don't understand the culture of the Twins nearly as much as OnWis, jujubeans, and MNTwins) is quite honestly baffling to me

The Vikings, who have been in Minnesota just as long and are more beloved, just updated their logo. If the Norseman can be updated without people burning villages (heh) the Twins can change the font or color of the TC. Don't be silly.

Love Love Love this. One of the best color combos is Navy, Dark Red and Vegas Gold. Hope they darken the red to make it perfect. I love the Twins identity, but it has it's flaws, and one of those is the tWINs script. It's way outdated now I feel. But that retro cursive script is beauty on the Creams and Roads. They can do a lot with this I feel.

Absolutely not to navy, dark red and gold. If you want to see that dreary crap, go look at the '90s Denver Nuggets. That color scheme might be attractive on a sweater or a necktie, but it looks awful on a sports team.

Cavs did a good job with these colors though:

lebron-james-cleveland-2014.jpg

As a kid, I only knew of the Twins via baseball cards, and never saw them on TV until the world series in 1987. I knew they were wearing pinstripes that year, but since all of my cards had them without, I've always thought the pinstripes looked weird on them.

71GDPx3Hg3L._SY355_.jpg71erqut%2BW9L._SY355_.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't understand any type of assertion that the TC logo is not untouchable. If the Twins were to alter that mark at all, even casual fans of the sport and team here in MN would react to it. Any suggestion otherwise (especially by those who don't understand the culture of the Twins nearly as much as OnWis, jujubeans, and MNTwins) is quite honestly baffling to me

The Vikings, who have been in Minnesota just as long and are more beloved, just updated their logo. If the Norseman can be updated without people burning villages (heh) the Twins can change the font or color of the TC. Don't be silly.

The changes to the Vikings logo were so subtle that I bet 9/10 Minnesotans don't even know it was changed. The logo posted above isn't a subtle touch-up.

^ It would be 'silly' to pretend the mock-up TC shown on here is as subtle as the Vikings' change. Roman, your comparison is asinine.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Except the Yankees have actually won World Series' with their hat.

There seems to be something on this man's sleeve...can you tell me what it is?gene-larkin.jpg

Except the Yankees logo has actually been involved in World Series championships as more than a barely noticeable shoulder patch. The fact of the matter is the TC hat has NEVER been involved in a series clinching win. The Twins are 4-21 all-time in postseason wins win that hat, three wins of which came nearly fifty years ago. That is HORRENDOUS.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Archived