Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^

(Minus the "M" hat)

I HATE the M hat. The little underline always bugged me. So I'll take the flaws of the "TC" over the more-readable "M" and underline. That said, we all know they could improve the TC. And I do think a red "TC" outlined in white (or vice versa) would be OK with the fan base (I think). While I do think that spending over a decade with the "TC" relegated to the sleeve patch* at home shows that the team has been willing to reduce it's presence to near insignificance, I think its return really did energize the fan base to the point that it would be hard to totally remove or radically change (but I still think it could survive going one color).

Regarding the above throwback, I think they'd be switching to it now if not for the expensive wordmark on the scoreboard.

*Inspired by the 1987 Twins keeping the "TC" for the sleeve, I thought the North Stars should have kept the "N-Star" for the sleeves when they overhauled in 1991...of course I did not realize at the time that they were planning their getaway.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

To me, the little underline on the "M" makes it generic...like it was a logo for the "Marauders", a park-and-rec team that played other teams like the Demons and the Grizzlies, who had a "D" and a "G", respectively, underlined for their caps.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

To me, the little underline on the "M" makes it generic...like it was a logo for the "Marauders", a park-and-rec team that played other teams like the Demons and the Grizzlies, who had a "D" and a "G", respectively, underlined for their caps.

I consider the tail on the M to be a nod to the Minnesota and Twins scripts though. When you think of it like that, the tail makes more sense. (It's not a underline..... it connects with rest of the logo, making it a tail. Just saying)

I consider the tail on the M to be a nod to the Minnesota and Twins scripts though. When you think of it like that, the tail makes more sense. (It's not a underline..... it connects with rest of the logo, making it a tail. Just saying)

I still say underline, as the Twins script is underlined, not tailed.

Yes, what you say is correct. I recognized it as a nod to the Twins (not Minnesota which was not a script at the time) script right away. I still don't like it.

POTD (Shared)

I really don't like red, blue and yellow together, be it navy or royal blue. The only example I can think of that doesn't look gaudy is the Florida Panthers inaugural set, and that used very minimal yellow. Oh, and Superman, who also used minimal yellow. Hopefully the Twins use gold-gold.

I prefer metallic gold as well, but the Spanish and Spanish-influenced use of red-blue-athletic gold color schemes look nice:

0703_spainsoccer_630x420.jpg

Thierry+Henry+Barcelona+v+CA+Osasuna+La+

Javier-Morales-by-Howard-C-Smith.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I LOVE the 'M' mark; really don't get the love for the 'TC' at all.

The M is a great cap mark for BP and/or a really good softball team.

Funny thing about opinions...I feel it's the opposite.

The 'M' mark fits with the rest of the uniform stylistically, while the 'TC' is a relic from an older, outdated identity that looks out of place with the current look.

In my opinion.

Clean white with that horrible script, yes. Some cleanup on it would be welcome, but there's a sterility to the Metrodome style that I don't like, two world championships notwithstanding. Sterility doesn't suit Minnesota well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The cleaned-up version of the "Twins" script they introduced when they moved into the new stadium is fantastic, and is miles better than the monstrosity shown above.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I really don't get it. There are at least 5 teams that should get new uniforms before the Twins. The Twins have a near-perfect set at the moment, great unis overall with properly updated classic logos and nice nods to franchise history. And now, that's all out the window.

The designers did a good job cleaning it up, yeah, but I still prefer the 1960s uniform aesthetic for an outdoor stadium with kind of a 1960s aesthetic itself. I like the handmade, homespun feel, if not the affectation of cream-colored homes. What they have now is good, but a throwback to the Metropolitan Stadium years would be better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They should just go back to this extremely popular look:

preview.jpg?wm=api

Wait, they actually WORE that?! I never thought they would mix eras like that
It was to honor the 91 World Series team, but they had already decided they'd only wear the cream jerseys the rest of the season to honor Killebrew. That's how they wound up with an odd combination of tributes.

Edit- to clarify, the M cap had not been worn since the Metrodome days, but the 91 WS team tribute had been planned all season. Then the Killebrew tribute apparently overrode the 91 WS tribute, thus arriving at the photo above.

The M hat logo was simply AWFUL, the TC, while not perfect is several hundred times better.

You are a man of opinions to the far extremes, aren't you?

I personally never liked the M logo caps, but I understand what they were doing with them when they were introduced.

It also made sense to wear the M on the road and the TC at home, and I'd be fine with that if it ever came back.

There is, and always will be, people who like the M cap. I had a request for one every shift I worked at the team store at the stadium. The thing was, it was never two - just one request per day, which wasn't enough apparently for the boss to order even one single M style in a wall that could hold several hundred styles.

I'm not sure I understand the dislike of the current road cap with the blue crown and red bill. I like it a lot and wonder why it took them so long to do one. It's not like Cleveland owns that color pattern, and with all the red and blue teams out there, certainly more than one is allowed to use it.

For what it's worth, the Twins had no less than eight authentic caps over the course of last season! Home, road, home BP, road BP, Memorial Day, 4th of July, All-Star BP and All-Star Game, which was so close to the home BP it wasn't funny.

Blue, Blue & Red, Red & Blue, Red, White & Blue, Red and another Red, White and Blue.

No wonder they need to add gold. They've run out of possible varieties with just red and blue!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

They should just go back to this extremely popular look:

preview.jpg?wm=api

Wait, they actually WORE that?! I never thought they would mix eras like that
It was to honor the 91 World Series team, but they had already decided they'd only wear the cream jerseys the rest of the season to honor Killebrew. That's how they wound up with an odd combination of tributes.

Edit- to clarify, the M cap had not been worn since the Metrodome days, but the 91 WS team tribute had been planned all season. Then the Killebrew tribute apparently overrode the 91 WS tribute, thus arriving at the photo above.

EXACTLY right. The Twins retained the M logo cap for the 2010 season as an alternate option "at the players request", but never wore it in 2010. Then in 2011, they only wore it for the 1991 World Series tribute weekend.

In 2012, the Twins had yet to wear the M until they wore the navy cap with the camo M on Memorial Day. In retail we had the home and road camo TC caps and not a single camo M cap anywhere. Never saw it coming since they had only wore the frickin' things 3 times (in the space of one tribute weekend) in two seasons plus two months. They won that game and then wore the standard blue with red M the next day and won again. So they wore it again. And again. They had a good week so the caps stuck around for a while over the next couple of months, but the team sucked and the "lucky" wore off and it faded out of favor once again. I'm not sure they ever wore it again in 2013 or 2014 even though it remained an option. It was still an option in 2014, wasn't it?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived