Chicageaux

2014 NCAA Football Thread

Wow. This is awesome. I knew the Bucks had a shot at winning, but I never would have guessed they would dominate Oregon like this. All credit to Zeke and the defense. We beat a helluva good team tonight.

Congrats to Ohio State and Urban Meyer. I know the confetti is supposed to be gold to reflect the championship trophy, but it sure looks like Oregon yellow.

Also, not sure what to make of this. Did ESPN make another oops? lol. http://deadspin.com/espn-blames-cardale-joness-inexperience-for-loss-that-h-1679145957

Ehhh...it's no crystal ball, but it can still be hoisted and isn't stuck on that giant base, so there's that.

I have to imagine TCU would've played better in that game than Oregon did tonight. Bring on the 8-team playoff!

Braxton who?

Either way, the Buckeyes as a whole really brought their A game this year. A well deserved win.

I have to imagine TCU would've played better in that game than Oregon did tonight. Bring on the 8-team playoff!

That's the sweet spot I think. Or twelve so the other 4 New Years bowls actually mean something.

One hell of a season for the Buckeyes. Losing to VaTech at home early to ending up on top of the college football world with your 3rd string QB. Defeating the 3 Heisman finalists in 3 straight games and winning the the national championship in Texas just a stones throw away from TCU who moaned about you being in the 4 team playoff.

That's the sweet spot I think. Or twelve so the other 4 New Years bowls actually mean something.
No need for kids to play a 16 game season. It becomes more of a battle of who is healthiest.

If not for all those Buckeye turnovers, this thing would have been over at the end of the 3rd.

Four was pretty good. Let's just stick with four.

The difference between the top 2 or 3 teams and the 7th and 8th and beyond is large enough to make for some ugly football games judging by this bowl season.

No need for kids to play a 16 game season. It becomes more of a battle of who is healthiest.
Good point.

Four was pretty good. Let's just stick with four.

The difference between the top 2 or 3 teams and the 7th and 8th and beyond is large enough to make for some ugly football games judging by this bowl season.

Yes, four is good.

Still, the Big XII should still expand and have a championship game if they want a real shot at a playoff spot.

Gotta give it to Mariota by handling that interview just now. I think having a microphone shoved in my face is the last thing I'd want to do in that moment.

If you all would allow me this one small indulgence...

55b70888-73a1-4807-9b1e-8b911d3da7aa.jpg

There is no QB competition. The starter is JT Barrett. It has to be. I wish Miller the best at Oregon or LSU. Sorry Cardale, you will continue to be a nice second and third stringer... But it's JT.

Score another one for Goliath. Zzzzz.....

Well, I guess. Except a lot of people complained that this particular goliath got in the playoffs to begin with and was an underdog in every playoff game.

If you all would allow me this one small indulgence...

55b70888-73a1-4807-9b1e-8b911d3da7aa.jpg

Sorry, but I think there needs to be an UNDISPUTED somewhere on there.