2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

What's wrong with standing on a table and yelling ":censored: her right in the :censored:"?

It's a serious question. The premise is stupid, I recognize, but what did he do that was wrong in this scenario?

I'm going to guess it's such a big deal because; 1. Who he is, and 2. It's probably against university protocol to use such foul language on campus :mellow:

Also the whole "may or may not have raped a girl" thing. To me, that's the difference between chuckle because funny and stupid internet meme and, well, what we've gotten.
You really don't understand what's wrong with him standing on a table and yelling that? Not only what CrashCarson touched on with the rape allegations but this guy is the leader of the football team and probably the most famous face on campus. You can't have your star quarterback standing in the student union, on top of table, yelling obscene remarks without discipline.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's wrong with standing on a table and yelling ":censored: her right in the :censored:"?

It's a serious question. The premise is stupid, I recognize, but what did he do that was wrong in this scenario?

I'm going to guess it's such a big deal because; 1. Who he is, and 2. It's probably against university protocol to use such foul language on campus :mellow:

Also the whole "may or may not have raped a girl" thing. To me, that's the difference between chuckle because funny and stupid internet meme and, well, what we've gotten.
You really don't understand what's wrong with him standing on a table and yelling that? Not only what CrashCarson touched on with the rape allegations but this guy is the leader of the football team and probably the most famous face on campus. You can't have your star quarterback standing in the student union, on top of table, yelling obscene remarks without discipline.
Yeah, the reigning Heisman on campus isn't going to fly under the radar anywhere, especially at a place like FSU. So a quick formula: Incident today+alleged allegations of rape+arguably the biggest game of the regular season= dumb. Really dumb.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

So if Winston was the 4th-string defensive tackle, it would be alright for him to say this? I think that was DG's point.

I don't think it matters if he was the third string walk-on kicker from Australia, it would juvenile either way. In fact I would expect this from a middle schooler who saw one of the videos and wanted to make his friends laugh at lunch and even then, that kid would most likely face suspension.

So if Winston was the 4th-string defensive tackle, it would be alright for him to say this? I think that was DG's point.

Yes, thanks, that was my point.

I can't believe I'm the one encouraging folks to untwist their panties. Yelling dumb things is what star quarterbacks should do. It's unfortunate in the wake of his rape allegation, but in and of itself, screaming internet memes is harmless prankery.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Is there a school rule that says "Don't jump on a table and cuss."?

It's bad judgment (and Winston's got a growing list of bad judgments....crab legs, stealing soda from Burger King, and this) and it's not the best thing you could do while your rape case is still being looked at, but this is rather tame. He's a Heisman Trophy winner, not a Nobel Peace Prize recipient.

September 15, 2014 - Liberty Institute on behalf of its client, an Arkansas State University football player who wishes to remain anonymous because he fears retaliation by the university, sent a demand letter to university officials for violating his team’s free speech rights for censoring a student memorial helmet sticker.

September 18, 2014 - ASU has overturned their decision to ban the cross on the back on the players helmets in part due to the 25,000+ emails sent to the president asking him to not bow to religious discrimination and a letter from the Liberty Institute that gave the school 3 days to fix the injustice or face potential legal action. I know most people on this forum were in favor of removing the cross, but for me, this is a big win on religious freedom and free speech.

spacer.png

Is there a school rule that says "Don't jump on a table and cuss."?

It's bad judgment (and Winston's got a growing list of bad judgments....crab legs, stealing soda from Burger King, and this) and it's not the best thing you could do while your rape case is still being looked at, but this is rather tame. He's a Heisman Trophy winner, not a Nobel Peace Prize recipient.

I'm not sure about Florida State but I'd presume there's something in there about disturbances or whatnot.

School codes of conduct I'd imagine are often pretty vague. There might not be a specific rule that says that, sure, but I'm sure most schools could find a way to get him.

6fQjS3M.png

September 15, 2014 - Liberty Institute on behalf of its client, an Arkansas State University football player who wishes to remain anonymous because he fears retaliation by the university, sent a demand letter to university officials for violating his team’s free speech rights for censoring a student memorial helmet sticker.

September 18, 2014 - ASU has overturned their decision to ban the cross on the back on the players helmets in part due to the 25,000+ emails sent to the president asking him to not bow to religious discrimination and a letter from the Liberty Institute that gave the school 3 days to fix the injustice or face potential legal action. I know most people on this forum were in favor of removing the cross, but for me, this is a big win on religious freedom and free speech.

Being a Sun Belt team, Arkansas State's football program is heavily dependent on involuntary subsidies from all of the students and its publicly-funded parent institution. This is not religious discrimination.
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's kind of messed up that Winston receives no game punishment for theft, receives no game punishment for whatever happened with the rape investigation (or lack thereof), gets suspended a half for this.....and could possibly be put into the hero's role for the second half against Clemson.

It's kind of messed up that Winston receives no game punishment for theft, receives no game punishment for whatever happened with the rape investigation (or lack thereof), gets suspended a half for this.....and could possibly be put into the hero's role for the second half against Clemson.

With the crab legs theft, he was suspended from baseball.

Jeff Driskel is still terrible and the Gators offense still has no identity. Down 21 now with an anemic offense... I don't understand why they haven't gone to the backup Harris to at least see what he has against a good team.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived