2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest non conference win for my huskers in a while. What a difference not having Taylor Martinez makes.

It's not even a big win. Miami sucks ass. We'll win like 5 games this year. Hopefully someone will be smart enough to fire AL Golden.
When you haven't won a non conference game against a Power 5 team in 3 years you take what you can get.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Jameis Winston is worse than Cam Newton was. Something about him makes me want to slap him across the face... he is that kind of guy.

He is not paid,thus he acts amateurish. Stop expecting him to be Tom Brady or Eli Manning.

Did you want to slap Peyton in 1996?

I can think of about three football players who are paid, yet still act amateurish, fairly recently (I'll leave it at that...). I think I see where you going with this: that's Winston is young and immature, but imo he does have this "Im better than everyone else" vibe. I don't know the guy, and I don't want to slap or punch him in the face, though this one of a few off-the-field events. He's said he's going to change, but this is another setback to that sentiment.

Biggest non conference win for my huskers in a while. What a difference not having Taylor Martinez makes.

It's not even a big win. Miami sucks ass. We'll win like 5 games this year. Hopefully someone will be smart enough to fire AL Golden.
When you haven't won a non conference game against a Power 5 team in 3 years you take what you can get.

That's true, but Nebraska also doesn't generally schedule the toughest non-conference games. I hate to say it, but Nebraska's not a bad team this year. Not the greatest, but good enough where I can say I wish they were worse :P Both my favorite and least favorite teams are the only two undefeated teams left in the Big Ten. Not a terrible day for the Big Ten today. Michigan State and Wisconsin are probably the two best teams in the conference. The Big Ten had some nice non-conference wins that will hopefully earn us some more respect. It's a shame Nebraska and Penn State don't play each other in the regular season. That'd definitely be a great game this year.

Jameis Winston is worse than Cam Newton was. Something about him makes me want to slap him across the face... he is that kind of guy.

He is not paid,thus he acts amateurish. Stop expecting him to be Tom Brady or Eli Manning.

Did you want to slap Peyton in 1996?

Never said I expected him to be Brady or Manning. I simply think it unwise to be such a high profile figure and continue to pull antics such as stealing crab legs from the local market. Perhaps he should anticipate that if he stands on top of a table in a highly crowded building such as the student center (and as a Heisman winner and national champion), people may notice...so it would be a not-so-great move to yell obscenities about vaginas. He's a great player but the guy's skull is filled with rocks. There is no comprehension or understanding of the idiocy he has created for himself.

Sorrybstop acting like just Notre Dame, Miami,USCw and military academies got national recruits. Their days of ruling Miami-Dade have been well over since they want semi smarter kids.

And Dr. Shalala will retire in 2015, so there could be a new AD with other views regarding a direction for the future, but they still need boosters.

I give when I can to Miami even though I have degrees from two other colleges and donate less to them over the years. And I donate to my patents alma mater too.

What have you donated to Miami?

Mike Leach was the other guy...want his a$$ now? His 11 win season was an outlier

Mississippi State center was just having the time of his life stomping and kicking people in the stomach and groin last night...this guy should be suspended for at least three games...

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/video-dillon-day-stomps-lsu-players/

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

For all the Big Ten hate, the conference went 12-1 this weekend, including wins in 4/5 of games against Power 5 teams.

Thanks to Michigan for continuing to suck, though.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

A very messy scenario could've played out last night. If Clemson won that game, they would be in the driver's seat for not only the division, but the conference.(Because face it, no one wants to win the Coastal) But due to Georgia beating them, making it to the Playoff was a thin wisp of a dream. FSU, since they didn't have Winston, probably wouldn't have fallen further in the polls than #6, would still would have a shot, providing just 2 teams fall in any week of the season, and they won out. So, at the end of the year, you could've had an ACC champion in Clemson, but then had a team in the CFP, Florida State, who had lost a game due to stupidity of their quarterback.

But, that just wasn't meant to happen.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived