2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the game, but judging by the 29-6 loss to Northwestern... Y'know... I don't know what the hell happened. Did Penn State go into the game too cocky and underestimate Northwestern? Damn, I hope we can get it together. I was looking forward to a potential 10-2 regular season, but now I'm not sure if my optimism can be that high.

Part of it was that and the other part: Save for last week's game with UMass, Penn State hasn't exactly shown themselves to be world beaters so far. Close calls with UCF, Akron and Rutgers has people thinking "OK. They're 4-0, but are they really that good?"

Northwestern, of all teams, exposed them a bit today. Thankfully, the Nittany Lions can rest up with the off week and figure out what went wrong (hint: Run. The. BALL!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing part of the Michigan game makes me feel so conflicted... part of me wants to just laugh like a damn mad man at what Minnesota is doing to them because, let's face it, if there is one Big Ten team that I hate the most, it's Michigan. On the other hand, part of me just feels so bad for Shane Morris being left in when the game was out of reach and then getting his bell rung to along with a bad leg.

iavsmichigan1986jharbaugh.jpg

Coming soon?

Probably not. Jim Harbaugh and the university still has an issue over his SMC/Kinesiology shot when he was at Stanford. Plus, Dolphins owner, Stephen Ross, whose name is on the Michigan Business School (and donates to athletics and gave them $100M in 2013) will have second shot after Jerry Jones if Garrett is fired. Ross has given the thumbs up to AD Dave Brandon too.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/mobile/article/20140927/NEWS/309289978/pressuring-david-brandon-over-football-woes-hurts-university-of?X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

I didn't see the game, but judging by the 29-6 loss to Northwestern... Y'know... I don't know what the hell happened. Did Penn State go into the game too cocky and underestimate Northwestern? Damn, I hope we can get it together. I was looking forward to a potential 10-2 regular season, but now I'm not sure if my optimism can be that high.

You knew you were setting yourself up for disaster if you thought that.

What the hell happened to Pittsburgh and James Conner running roughsod over everybody? If anyone was to stop him, who would'a guessed freaking Akron?

I was looking at losing to Michigan State and probably Ohio State. Indiana would've been close with how their offense killed us last year. Maryland and Michigan would've been iffy, but I think they're both doable.

Big thanks to NC State and Arkansas for making an especially boring weekend even more boring by letting more top teams escape. Really can't wait until the season really starts next week when the cupcakes get off the schedule.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Big thanks to NC State and Arkansas for making an especially boring weekend even more boring by letting more top teams escape. Really can't wait until the season really starts next week when the cupcakes get off the schedule.

Stop because your VT lost two home games and had the nerve to wear orange when WMU wore brown pants. Ewww.

This week had drama, you missed it and were watching the wrong games.

That Arkansas/ aTm game was a very good game. The SEC West is not only dominant this year, but even. It should be an exciting season, and you're right: next week will get it all started:

Alabama at Ole Miss

Texas A&M at Mississippi State

LSU at Auburn

All will potentially be top 15 games.

iavsmichigan1986jharbaugh.jpg

Coming soon?

Probably not. Jim Harbaugh and the university still has an issue over his SMC/Kinesiology shot when he was at Stanford. Plus, Dolphins owner, Stephen Ross, whose name is on the Michigan Business School (and donates to athletics and gave them $100M in 2013) will have second shot after Jerry Jones if Garrett is fired. Ross has given the thumbs up to AD Dave Brandon too.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/mobile/article/20140927/NEWS/309289978/pressuring-david-brandon-over-football-woes-hurts-university-of?X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

Yeah, if Harbaugh leaves SF he's gonna have a line of suitors looking to throw big time dollars at him. He'll be at the top of the list for every NFL opening, and it'll be hard for U of M to match those NFL bucks. Plus, back when Mich hired Hoke, Harbaugh was available and neither side really pushed that hard to get together. I just think Harbaugh is basically an NFL guy... that's where his brother is, that's where Pete Carroll is, and that's where the Super Bowl that he hasn't won yet is.

From the few games I watch per year, it feels like NCAA officials blow plays dead way too much. What's the harm in letting a play go, and reviewing it after?

The Notre Dame QB clearly didn't spike the ball and the official did everyone a disservice. Officials should pay attention to what's happening instead of what they think will happen. SU got robbed of a touchdown.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

From the few games I watch per year, it feels like NCAA officials blow plays dead way too much. What's the harm in letting a play go, and reviewing it after?

The Notre Dame QB clearly didn't spike the ball and the official did everyone a disservice. Officials should pay attention to what's happening instead of what they think will happen. SU got robbed of a touchdown.

Well, maybe. If the officials hadn't blown the whistle there's a decent chance a player from ND could've run that guy down, too. When the players hear a whistle they're trained to stop.

Those games were anything but boring.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Exactly. Not sure how you can get more exciting in a game than going into OT, and that's exactly what the Hogs did to A&M.

I guess this guy needs a blocked punt that gets returned to the 5, before the defense fumbles and the offense runs it back 95 yards the other way for a touchdown or something.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Week 5 Notes:

For the first time since 1986 an Ivy League team beat an FBS opponent. Yale beat Army.

Arkansas lost it's 14th straight SEC game today.

South Carolina choked the game away vs Mizzou.

And Kentucky finally beat their first SEC opponent in 2 seasons. :P

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Just saw Hoke trotting out his injured and concussed quarterback despite the score being lopsided and the kid visibly limping/staggering. Even the ESPN call guys were disgusted. What a 5-alarm feces fire that program is. Hoke is utterly oblivious.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I guess you didn't catch it but I was making a joke out of the "boring weekend" and top teams winning. I can affirm that yes, both of those games were pretty exciting, along with the Missouri game.

Exactly. Not sure how you can get more exciting in a game than going into OT, and that's exactly what the Hogs did to A&M.

I guess this guy needs a blocked punt that gets returned to the 5, before the defense fumbles and the offense runs it back 95 yards the other way for a touchdown or something.

I don't need an explanation, I was joking.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived