2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

Ole Miss finally converts to tie it up against 'Bama.

EDIT: Bama coughs it up on the kickoff, if Ole Miss can hang on, what a week for the state of Mississippi.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be quite an Egg Bowl if Ole Miss pulls out the win against Bama, and both teams win out up to the Egg Bowl.

That would be amazing. As much as I hate Ole Miss, I'm glad to see them win today. Greatest football day in the state of Mississippi in history.

Plus, it's always great to see Bama lose. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mississippi State and Auburn beat them also.

I'm not prepared to live in a world in which the Egg Bowl has meaning outside of Mississippi.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oregon, Alabama, Texas A&M, Oklahoma all lost today. The AP Poll's 2, 3, 4, and 6. No. 5 Auburn is hosting No. 15 LSU. Who was it on ESPN that called Chaos after Thursday's Arizona/Oregon game? Need him to pick lottery numbers for me. :)

College football is all about survival this year. I have been impressed with how some teams have played, but no one stands out to me as a title-contender. I'm still looking at Notre Dame to be a dark horse for the playoff though. But playoff predictions right now are about as useless as guessing who will be playing the play-in games for March Madness in Week 2.

And OU goes down, hope Sparty doesn't have the fate of most top 10 teams tonight.

I will respectfully disagree. :)

Good luck tonight.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Oregon, Alabama, Texas A&M, Oklahoma all lost today. The AP Poll's 2, 3, 4, and 6. No. 5 Auburn is hosting No. 15 LSU. Who was it on ESPN that called Chaos after Thursday's Arizona/Oregon game? Need him to pick lottery numbers for me. :)

So...*gulp*...does UCLA move to as high to #3 or even #2 in the next AP poll (if they do win)?

So...*gulp*...does UCLA move to as high to #3 or even #2 in the next AP poll (if they do win)?
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Bama stays in the Top 10

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I would say Notre Dame would move up more than UCLA, since the Fightin' Irish beat a ranked Stanford team. However, there will be some potentially big jumps and leap frogging go on on Sunday or Monday (I forget when the polls are released). I believe Wed (Oct. 8 is the first CFP Poll). Florida State beat Wake Forest, so they will probably hold on to the top spot. I think if Auburn holds on to beats LSU (War Eagle up 24-7), they'll slide into the second spot. After that it gets mirky with how far the 2, 3, 4, and 6 teams fall and how high the winners.

Oregon - lost by 7 at home to unranked, undefeated Arizona

Alabama - lost on road by 6 to undefeated #11 Ole Miss

Oklahoma - lost by 4 on road to #25 TCU

Tx A&M - lost by 31 on road to undefeated #12 Mississippi State

Oregon and Oklahoma may fall the most in the rankings.

This season is basically 2007 redux. Enjoy it, folks.

Hell no! They are going to lose to Utah tonight!

Archived