2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

This is probably the most facepalm worthy game I've ever seen, but damn is it fun. 54-52 Cal leading Washington State.

I love the PAC 12. Even the worst teams in that conference are still entertaining.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Cal and Wazzu aren't that good, but aren't easy outs since they can hang up a lot of points. Even Colorado doesn't seem like the punching bag they were 2 years ago.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those blasting Arizona's ranking...

Where would you have Oregon? Certainly in the top 15, right? And if Arizona beat Oregon — on the road — they should be ranked ahead of them, correct?

No. Because Oregon beat #8 Michigan State. And Arizona beat... UTSA by three points? Cal on a last-second Hail Mary?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Florida's NOW starting QB hospitalized after fight.... over cleats.

Don't these guys get as much free equipment and apparel as they want? Fighting over shoes... what is this the Great Depression?

Minor correction, he wasn't going to be the starter -- Driskel was going to remain the starter. I'm not sure where he fell on the depth chart -- I think 4th after Driskel, Treon Harris, and Will Grier (but he just got cleared to play, hasn't gotten many reps and isn't ready to run the offense yet). But with Harris being suspended and Grier falling behind because of back spasms, he might have been second in line. But sadly, Driskel is the best option at QB right now... and he's awful.

IUe6Hvh.png

Florida's NOW starting QB hospitalized after fight.... over cleats.

Don't these guys get as much free equipment and apparel as they want? Fighting over shoes... what is this the Great Depression?

Read again. Marty Mornhinweg's kid was to be #3 before the incident with kid who beat Tennessee Saturday night. Driskel was benched Saturday and was never to be relegated to #3.

I'm not a Mississippi State fan, pscf3, but I really like Prescott. He is such a great talent and I hope he can beat Auburn. That will definitely put him in the running for the Heisman, provided the Bulldogs don't slip up somewhere or lose to Alabama.

Oh Todd Gurley.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/09/georgia-todd-gurley-suspended

The East may be down to Mizzou and Kentucky, because the Gators can't be trusted.

I wouldn't write Georgia off just yet... From what I've heard they seem to have quite a bit of talent in the backfield even without Gurley, and I don't really know how good Missouri is either. They beat South Carolina on the road, but lost to Indiana, at home. They can't be trusted.

And Kentucky's hopes for the SEC East ended after their first kickoff, that division will (likely) be decided in that game unless Florida pulls of a magical run.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The backfield is down the the 4th and 5th string. Keith Marshall and Sony Michell are injured.

Maybe Gurley can get the Cam Newton deal and get reinstated tomorrow. UGA wasn't going anywhere special this year, but it sucks to lose whatever they might have amounted to over $400.

PJU85JF.png

No, it means the SEC East is awful and irrelevant.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow... the East is such a mess right now. Is there any way that the winner of the SEC West just be the overall SEC winner? Just skip the conference championship game at give the title to any of the teams in the West.

The backfield is down the the 4th and 5th string. Keith Marshall and Sony Michell are injured.

Maybe Gurley can get the Cam Newton deal and get reinstated tomorrow. UGA wasn't going anywhere special this year, but it sucks to lose whatever they might have amounted to over $400.

Didn't know that. So... yeah they're screwed.

You could probably go ahead and hand Missouri the division unless something crazy happens, Texas A&M is the only game they could lose going down the stretch, even if they drop a game to Georgia or Florida, I don't see either of those two going unbeaten down the stretch.

On the other hand, how weird would it be to see a potential Mississippi State-Missouri SEC title game?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Didn't know that. So... yeah they're screwed.

You could probably go ahead and hand Missouri the division unless something crazy happens, Texas A&M is the only game they could lose going down the stretch, even if they drop a game to Georgia or Florida, I don't see either of those two going unbeaten down the stretch.

On the other hand, how weird would it be to see a potential Mississippi State-Missouri SEC title game?

Wouldn't be weird since both teams have made it to Atlanta before...

Now Kentucky vs. Mississippi, that's the matchup for the ages and aged.

Archived