2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

Auburn is finally done getting lucky. That's the only time I've voted for TAMU besides when they were in the Big12 playing Nebraska. That was a very weird game though. What could be a weirder game? The ND/ASU game. That was... hmm... You can't COMPLETELY blame Golson for all the turnovers. He's a good athlete, but yes, he makes very stupid mistakes. Good win for ASU. Should be a good Pac12 race going into the Playoff. The only thing I can see holding them back would be their blowout loss to UCLA. Oh well, hopefully FSU can pull it off against Virginia, and hopefully we see some more great football from TCU/K-State and OSU/MSU.

My enemy's enemy is my friend?

Today was also the only time I found myself really rooting for A&M as well.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That receiver on Utah made a massively boneheaded play, dropping the ball before the line, and Ducks ran it back to tie it.

And only those on the Committee who must watch the Pac12 were watching.

I've seen more tweets on my timeline about that game than any other going on tonight, so... okay?

6fQjS3M.png

That receiver on Utah made a massively boneheaded play, dropping the ball before the line, and Ducks ran it back to tie it.

And only those on the Committee who must watch the Pac12 were watching.

I've seen more tweets on my timeline about that game than any other going on tonight, so... okay?
Who has votes? The Four isn't made via tweets.

and Twitter doesn't equate to Nielsen ratings.

Let me ask this, who thought it was a good idea to not make Pass Interference reviewable? Alabama just got away with it at the end of the game and you can clearly see it with the replay. You could also add the FSU-ND ending to this as well. They can review any other dumbfounded call by the ref, why not a penalty?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Assuming Oregon holds:

1. Mississippi State

2. Florida State

3. Oregon

4. Alabama

5. TCU

6. Arizona State

7. Baylor

8. Ohio State

9. Ole Miss

And... dear God... does Nebraska move up to 10? I guess they have to. Unless you keep Auburn in the Top 10, but this isn't the same as Ole Miss losing on the last play of the game going into the endzone against the #3 team.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Let me ask this, who thought it was a good idea to not make Pass Interference reviewable? Alabama just got away with it at the end of the game and you can clearly see it with the replay. You could also add the FSU-ND ending to this as well. They can review any other dumbfounded call by the ref, why not a penalty?

Late night poHato chips?

What else do you want to be reviewed so a game last five hours? If/when the offensive player iniciates first, do you want it to go back all the time? Football at every level needs to to have PGA "snitches".

Late night poHato chips?

What else do you want to be reviewed so a game last five hours? If/when the offensive player iniciates first, do you want it to go back all the time? Football at every level needs to to have PGA "snitches".

Takes one to know one, eh?

---

I didn't say review every case. Review obviously dumb calls, like the two I mentioned.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The only way that was an "obviously bad call" is if you were rooting for LSU.

Granted I'm biased, but the refs had been letting the dbs play all night. You either get a consistently called game or one where the situation determines the call. The way the refs were calling PI in the first quarter was the same way they called it in OT.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

This is your reminder that Kirk Ferentz is under contract at Iowa until January 2020 and his buyout is roughly $13 million.

Remember when Ferentz was the hot name for not only other college jobs, but some NFL gigs as well? Iowa's been hot garbage for a while now...either Iowa can't afford to buy him out, or they're hoping he catches fire again and does leap for another job.

If ASU wins out, they'd have wins against then-ranked USC, Stanford, Utah, Notre Dame, Arizona, and Oregon. There's no way they're not in, if that's the case.

Well, you need all these teams to win-out their schedules. A "then-ranked" team doesn't help you out much, especially compared to a "currently-ranked" team.

Archived