Uniform numbers that look bad

JasonFromMiami

It's probably the just the way the jersey is sitting, but the A in his name looks crooked, too. If it were a fan wearing that jersey, I would have assumed it was counterfeit. Looks cheap.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody in hockey should wear something in the 60's outside of Mario's 66.

Nobody?

jagr-white-house.jpg

Goon-Sean-William-Scott-as-Doug-Glatt-go

Doug Glatt should also be able to wear a number in the 60's. Even though he's just a movie character. I don't know if the real life guy (Doug Smith) he's based off wore that number.

It's probably the just the way the jersey is sitting, but the A in his name looks crooked, too. If it were a fan wearing that jersey, I would have assumed it was counterfeit. Looks cheap.

I think that's just a result of a fold in the jersey fabric.

That was a really underrated jersey. It was a decent font and eagle logo away from being great.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I think that's just a result if a fold in the jersey fabric.

That was a really underrated jersey. It was a decent font and eagle logo away from being great.

I like(d?) those jerseys and I definitely like that color scheme as a way to do the patriotic thing without going RWB, but this may be the first time I've ever taken a good look at that font... woof.

Agree.... black, blue and bronze looks good and is def. a unique color combo in sports.

was the white outline that thick for all the years they wore that jersey ?

Overall it was a very underrated color scheme. I get going back to red/white/blue, but there was something about the blue/black/gold that I loved and still miss to this day. Also, personally I was never a big fan of the black uniforms, I would have stuck with the white and then these bad boys:

capitals_red_wings.JPG

90758391980.gif

Overall it was a very underrated color scheme. I get going back to red/white/blue, but there was something about the blue/black/gold that I loved and still miss to this day. Also, personally I was never a big fan of the black uniforms, I would have stuck with the white and then these bad boys:

capitals_red_wings.JPG

yeah those were great and their time as the primary dark jersey of the Capitals was criminally short.

I even like the number font.

My favorite quirk about those uniforms was that one sleeve stripe was higher than the other to match the hem stripes

Washington-Capitals-Authentic-Reebok-Whi

PvO6ZWJ.png

capitals_red_wings.JPG

That was a great uniform and still the only instance of a team name on the hem (sort of) that I liked.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

capitals_red_wings.JPG

yeah those were great and their time as the primary dark jersey of the Capitals was criminally short.

I even like the number font.

My favorite quirk about those uniforms was that one sleeve stripe was higher than the other to match the hem stripes

Washington-Capitals-Authentic-Reebok-Whi

Holy :censored:, I've never noticed that before. I don't like it, though. I've never liked the check mark stripe either, for that matter.

In regards to defenders wearing low numbers like a QB or RB, Nebraska's had several of our top defenders in recent years sporting #4 - Lavonte David, Randy Gregory, Mohammed Seisay, and Larry Asante to name a few.

I'm kind of hoping it becomes sort of a defacto honor that the defense's alpha dog gets to wear #4.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

In regards to defenders wearing low numbers like a QB or RB, Nebraska's had several of our top defenders in recent years sporting #4 - Lavonte David, Randy Gregory, Mohammed Seisay, and Larry Asante to name a few.

I'm kind of hoping it becomes sort of a defacto honor that the defense's alpha dog gets to wear #4.

So does your QB right now.

That's another one that kinda "looks bad". Am I wrong or is it more common for a star player (or at least starter) on each side of the ball to wear the same number? I know that college football rosters have had duplicate numbers for as long as I remember but it seems like the QB's number is more frequently worn by a defensive starter. I am pretty sure FSU has a defensive starter wearing #5 (Winston's number). I recall Mantei Te'o wearing #5 and I think the starting QB did too. When Tanner McEvoy switched to QB at Wisconsin, he took #5, worn by defensive starter Darius Hillary. There are other QB numbers I know he could have taken.

It's not a big deal but I'd rather see duplicate numbers be worn by bench warmers.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Those Caps unis were the rare 90s rebrand I thought could have stuck around. They might have had they managed to pull off the Cup victory in 1998.

It's just a shame they degraded the identity by promoting that dull black alternate to the primary dark sweater. It was all downhill from there.

So does your QB right now.

That's another one that kinda "looks bad". Am I wrong or is it more common for a star player (or at least starter) on each side of the ball to wear the same number? I know that college football rosters have had duplicate numbers for as long as I remember but it seems like the QB's number is more frequently worn by a defensive starter. I am pretty sure FSU has a defensive starter wearing #5 (Winston's number). I recall Mantei Te'o wearing #5 and I think the starting QB did too. When Tanner McEvoy switched to QB at Wisconsin, he took #5, worn by defensive starter Darius Hillary. There are other QB numbers I know he could have taken.

It's not a big deal but I'd rather see duplicate numbers be worn by bench warmers.

I don't mind it on QBs so much, specifically because they rarely play on special teams. Generally you get mix ups when you have a LB and a WR on special teams with the same number. Also, college rosters swell to ~70 players opposed to the more trim NFL sized rosters, so doubling numbers often becomes necessity.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'm going to help derail the thread even more. I loved those Capitals uniforms. I even feel that they could hold up pretty well today. They don't look dated to me at all.

Exactly, if you didn´t know any better that swooping eagle could be as old as the Hawks logo, it looks just as good as any original 6 logo

Archived