Uniform numbers that look bad

JasonFromMiami

38 looks weird to me on a baseball uniform. No one famous really ever wore it, so it looks a bit weird. Any pitcher over who wears a number greater than 56. Buerhle looks fine in 56, but that's it. Also Kimbrel wearing 46 is weird, because I'd think a badass pitcher like him would have a number in the 30's.

2003932567.jpg

i dunno if i'd say no one famous has ever worn it...

i think 23 looks awkward on hockey jerseys, but 32 looks fanastic... growing up, i wore #2 always... but if that was taken, i wore 32.

i don't really care for any number in the 60's or 70's, save for 77... and i think 4 only works in some fonts with some names.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

38 looks weird to me on a baseball uniform. No one famous really ever wore it, so it looks a bit weird. Any pitcher over who wears a number greater than 56. Buerhle looks fine in 56, but that's it. Also Kimbrel wearing 46 is weird, because I'd think a badass pitcher like him would have a number in the 30's.

2003932567.jpg

i think 23 looks awkward on hockey jerseys, but 32 looks fanastic... growing up, i wore #2 always... but if that was taken, i wore 32.

i don't really care for any number in the 60's or 70's, save for 77... and i think 4 only works in some fonts with some names.

Yeah, Schilling and Carlos Zambrano immediately came to mind as 38s. The latter perhaps more infamous than famous. But hey, neutral-site no-hitter!

2003932567.jpg

Yeah, Schilling and Carlos Zambrano immediately came to mind as 38s. The latter perhaps more infamous than famous. But hey, neutral-site no-hitter!

The crazy thing is that the first #38 who comes to mind for me is Tyrone Poole.....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If anyone was to wear number 49 or number 76 for the Niners or Sixers, respectively. Not necessarily bad, just kinda weird. And I've always thought numbers with 7s looked kinda goofy because they leave a bit of a gap.

spacer.png

If anyone was to wear number 49 or number 76 for the Niners or Sixers, respectively. Not necessarily bad, just kinda weird. And I've always thought numbers with 7s looked kinda goofy because they leave a bit of a gap.

76 for the Sixers has happened. He was 7'6, ironically.

gallery9.jpg

Curt Schilling was pretty good and wore 38. It isn't a pretty number though.

It's another number that I can't picture anyone really athletic wearing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20131216__ssjm121749ers01~1_300.JPG

Bruce Miller has it right now. The hard nosed fullbacks just fit in with the 40s

76 for the Sixers has happened. He was 7'6, ironically.

gallery9.jpg

Awkward Bradley and all, I think this looks great.

I think I heard that Ottavino chose to wear 0 because it looks like an "O" which is his last initial. So technically he is #O not #0.

Here is another oddity, last season after the Nuggets acquired Aaron Brooks there was a 0 and 00 on the team, which has to be the first time that has happened in sports history.

13479483464_661a0b5b00_o.png

I was thinking that happened for the Utah Jazz. Greg Ostertag wore 00. I was thinking he wore it when Olden Polynice came in 1999. But according to this wikipedia page Ostertag changed his number to 39.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999%E2%80%932000_Utah_Jazz_season

It really depends entirely on the style of the font. But I've found that in general, almost anything #1 looks a bit off, especially if it's relegated onto a two-digit template (like a highway shield, for example). For most standard block fonts, usually 7# looks like there is too much spacing between the two digits.

Archived