Pizza Hut changing their branding

BadSeed84

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/11/10/pizza-hut-fast-food-restaurants-pizza-skinny-slice-pizza/18641525/

Pizza Hut will focus on dozens of new flavor options as it mounts the 56-year-old brand's biggest-ever redo. It will add 11 new pizza recipes, 10 new crust flavors, six new sauces, five new toppings, four new flavor-pack drizzles, a new logo, new uniforms and, yes, even a new pizza box.

Well....as long as they don't try calling it "The Hut" again lol.

Heres the old logo

Pizza_Hut_2012_logo.png

Ah here's the "new logo" apparently, not that much different, just flatter and in the shape of a pizza.

1111_PizzaHut_Logo_970-630x417.jpg

Pizza_Hut_Box.jpg

I like their pizza. I'll take Dominos and Papa John's before it every time, but still pretty good.

That being said, their branding has always sucked. And with what appears to be the pic of the new box, looks like they're treading on Domino's territory a bit with the cut-off corners.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Pizza Hut is weird. If I'm in the mood for greasy, trashy pizza? There's nothing better then getting Pizza Hut in the restaurant. The problem is that it doesn't deliver all that well. Fresh? It's great for what it is (which isn't much, admittedly). Delivered? It's a soggy mess.

The logo is an upgrade - which isn't saying much. At least it loses that awful gradient.

The "hut" part of the logo looks like a hat. I wonder how many kids think it reads "Pizza Hat"...

FYI the "The Hut" logo is not what they are rebranding to, it was part of a failed attempt to rebrand a number of years ago.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I like their pizza. I'll take Dominos and Papa John's before it every time, but still pretty good.

That being said, their branding has always sucked. And with what appears to be the pic of the new box, looks like they're treading on Domino's territory a bit with the cut-off corners.

Growing up, I used to love Pizza Hut. My family would use to go to one of those sit down Pizza Hut restaurants as a treat. Also, it was a big deal when my junior high started selling Pizza Hut in the cafeteria as it was a step up from the regular food. Maybe because of the sspecial settings I had it in, but I felt Pizza Hut tasted great back then. But then sometime around college I felt there was a big drop off in quality. For all I know it could've just been the fact that I ate it a lot more back then, but to this day, I kinda get a mix of nostalgia while cringing a little bit when I see Pizza Hut.

Dominos is actually pretty good nowadays, while Poppa Johns is hit or miss for me. The only redeeming factor is their garlic sauce.

The logo is an upgrade - which isn't saying much. At least it loses that awful gradient.

The "hut" part of the logo looks like a hat. I wonder how many kids think it reads "Pizza Hat"...

FYI the "The Hut" logo is not what they are rebranding to, it was part of a failed attempt to rebrand a number of years ago.

I was talking about the shape above the words "Pizza Hut." It looks like a hat. Pizza hat. Nevermind.

The previous logo wasn't good by any stretch, but this version is terrible with a capital T. The background looks more like a nondescript blob than a pizza.

I read this quickly and thought "but the T in 'Hut' isn't capitalized, it's clearly a lowercase letter T."

And, finally, this was honestly my first thought when I saw the logo...

OhcvA.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The previous logo wasn't good by any stretch, but this version is terrible with a capital T. The background looks more like a nondescript blob than a pizza.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be evoking sauce being spread on dough. It's the first (and only) thing I saw.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

There is only really one option.

pizza_the_hutt.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be evoking sauce being spread on dough. It's the first (and only) thing I saw.

First thing I saw too, I worked there for almost 4 years in high school and that'd genuinely what a base looks like after its been sauced and before toppings have been added. But of course customers never see this so it won't click for most.

I wonderived how long till this gets implemented in Australia.

Archived