NCAA Bowl Logo Redesigns

Go Red Sox!

When I first saw the original Liberty Logo with this thread I thought it was the one you made. Why does a bowl game in the NCAA use the lame photoshop beveling trick? I remember when I was 13 and finally got my hands on photoshop that's all I did. Kudos, everyone in this thread is an improvement and looks very professional while still giving off a good vibe for their respective games.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first saw the original Liberty Logo with this thread I thought it was the one you made. Why does a bowl game in the NCAA use the lame photoshop beveling trick? I remember when I was 13 and finally got my hands on photoshop that's all I did. Kudos, everyone in this thread is an improvement and looks very professional while still giving off a good vibe for their respective games.

Thank you!

Well, the only plausible excuse for using that bevel effect might be the fact that the logo is ten years old. Fortunately, these atrocities are very rare nowadays. Although...there's still gradients!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

This is a redesign of the Pinstripe Bowl, a Bowl organized by the MLB New York Yankees.

UPDATE: Yankee Stadium enlarged to occupy more horizontal space.

LogoComparison_zps22485fc0.png

Before After

PinstripeBowleditedlogo_zps0e604e5a.png

Logo detail

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Thanks for all your comments and sorry for not being able to reply quicker to your comments.

When I began working on the Pinstripe Bowl logo, two things were already clear to me: Firstly, I wanted to incorporate pinstripes – it's the Pinstripe Bowl! And secondly: I intended to design a rather minimalist and retro-looking logo in order to represent the Yankees long and successful history in baseball – these words are actually hard to type being a Red Sox fan! Believe it or not!

Of course one instantly thinks of the (in)famous pinstripe uniforms the Yankees have been wearing for decades. So I avoided almost hiding these pinstripes in the logo, making them subtle or easily assessable, but rather let

them be an important part of the design. Therefore, white is also the dominating color (due to the Yanks home uniform).

I chose a thinner, classier serif typeface to optically enhance and support the pinstripe pattern, avoiding any blocky, bold or (very) modern fonts.

I also avoided using the famous Yankee Stadium facade, like depicted in the current 2010 logo. Instead of that, I created the front of the stadium because in my view it's one of the finest looking ballparks in the MLB.

I also decided to choose the good, old football as the main shape of the logo. Simply because I thought in no other sport event baseball meets football that much as in this particular case.

The colors of the logo are very Yankees-like, although I did not use the original midnight navy because it almost looks black.

Next is a redesign of a logo for one of the oldest bowl games in the country, the Orange Bowl, sponsored by Capital One. 'King Orange' is back with a happy face and ready for the game!

LogoComparison_zps484ef64a.png

Before After

OrangeBowloldlogo_zpsbfa6769a.png

Orange Bowl logo (1989-2010)

OrangeBowllogo_zps57447d4d.png

Logo detail

Next is a redesign of a logo for one of the oldest bowl games in the country, the Orange Bowl, sponsored by Capital One. 'King Orange' is back with a happy face and ready for the game!

LogoComparison_zps484ef64a.png

Before After

OrangeBowloldlogo_zpsbfa6769a.png

Orange Bowl logo (1989-2010)

OrangeBowllogo_zps57447d4d.png

Logo detail

Perfect modernized touch up.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Thank you all for your comments!

For those who didn't know yet: The current Orange Bowl logo is almost brand-new. It was unveiled on September 22nd of this year, according to CCSL. I think it looks okay, but it doesn't really scream NCAA Bowl in my view. It rather looks like a hybrid between a sports logo and the result of a company rebranding to me. But this goes for other recently designed Bowl logos as well.

Archived