NCAA Bowl Logo Redesigns

Go Red Sox!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to get off topic here, but any thoughts of doing rivalry game logos, i.e. Iron Bowl, The Game, Civil War, Red River Rivalry/Shootout/Showdow?

Great idea. I'd love to see an actual logo for the Egg Bowl.

With the exception of the Pinstripe, all of these are HUGE upgrades. Great work.

Not to get off topic here, but any thoughts of doing rivalry game logos, i.e. Iron Bowl, The Game, Civil War, Red River Rivalry/Shootout/Showdow?

Didn't consider doing those until you mentioned it. Good idea! Might become a future project after this one's finished.

How about the Rose Bowl?

Definitely yes. Just not sure if it's gonna be the very next logo.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

This is a redesign of the Rose Bowl Game logo, the oldest bowl game, presented by Northwestern Mutual. The bowl game's nickname is "The Granddaddy of Them All".

LogoComparison_zpsc35c9087.png

Before After

RoseBowllogo_zps9e2c8185.png

Logo detail

RoseBowllogoalternate_zps5335ce40.png

Discarded version

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

This is a redesign of the Rose Bowl Game logo, the oldest bowl game, presented by Northwestern Mutual. The bowl game's nickname is "The Granddaddy of Them All".

LogoComparison_zps4f646cec.png

Before After

RoseBowllogo_zps8775ffda.png

Logo detail

I say use the original Rose and you have yourself a real winner. By the way I love the orange bowl one.

NEWSGG copy.png

Before After

Logo detail

I say use the original Rose and you have yourself a real winner. By the way I love the orange bowl one.

Agreed. That rose has been used as part of the "classic" Rose Bowl branding. But other than that your is definitely an improvement.

Before After

Logo detail

That's My favourite! Good choice of colours.

I love the rose bowl you made better than the current one

Thank you. I knew it was a venture to redesign/modernize and simplify the current, classic rose.

Before dumping the modernized rose, how about this version of it? I cleaned up and simplified the green part underneath the blossom. I'm not planning to change the basic design of the rose.

RoseBowllogoalternate_zps5335ce40.png

Archived