NCAA Bowl Logo Redesigns

Go Red Sox!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Just now I received a mail from the Photobucket guys that one of my NCAA logo images was removed due to copyright infringement, more precisely the Orange Bowl logo. They also wrote me: "Further uploading of trademark intellectual property may result in the banning of your Photobucket account." So either the Orange Bowl or the CapitalOne guys have sent a complaint to Photobucket.

I got several other potential copyright infringements uploaded on Photobucket, like you guys, too. Ergo: The next trademark complaint might result in a ban of my account, no matter if I have uploaded the respective files months ago or in the future.

It's not the end of the world, but it's clearly annoying. Anybody who has also received the same mail?

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

That sucks. I haven't used anything with the NCAA schools on Photobucket so I haven't run into that problem but I have done a lot of concepts with Coke, Sprint and other companies on them. They're probably jealous your version was better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now I received a mail from the Photobucket guys that one of my NCAA logo images was removed due to copyright infringement, more precisely the Orange Bowl logo. They also wrote me: "Further uploading of trademark intellectual property may result in the banning of your Photobucket account." So either the Orange Bowl or the CapitalOne guys have sent a complaint to Photobucket.

I got several other potential copyright infringements uploaded on Photobucket, like you guys, too. Ergo: The next trademark complaint might result in a ban of my account, no matter if I have uploaded the respective files months ago or in the future.

It's not the end of the world, but it's clearly annoying. Anybody who has also received the same mail?

Wow. That's not good. I really don't understand how that's even close to a copyright violation. Seems a very clear artistic use. I hate this overprotective powergrab.

Wow. That's not good. I really don't understand how that's even close to a copyright violation. Seems a very clear artistic use. I hate this overprotective powergrab.

I used their official, current logo, CapitalOne, without asking for permission. It's that simple. I'm not really surprised that they've sent a complaint because theoretically anyone can see my work, or yours, on the internet, like here on CCSL. Bigger companies hire other firms in order to constantly watch the internet for potential copyright infringements or they got people in-house taking care of that. They look through the internet using catchwords which might lead them to the respective potential copyright violation.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived