Sign in to follow this  
pscf3

New Logo options for Southern Miss

http://www.southernmisslogo.com/#future

Southern Miss is one step closer to the end of their logo drama that has surrounded them over the past few years. The following two options have been unveiled as possible new logos. Unfortunately, similarities to Louisiana Monroe's logo have already been pointed out.

B2SH_ZkIcAAZji1.jpgB2SH_j1IEAAz5n5.jpgwarhawk250x250.jpg

This was USM's previous logo that Iowa prevented from being trademarked-

southern-miss.jpeg

Next Iowa will say Nebraska will have to change their mascot saying: "we're the largest corn producer in the U.S." :rolleyes:

I don't know enough about trademarking but how in the world did Iowa get that blocked?

AtJXAXZ.jpg

Iowa's logo is terrible anyway, no one in their right mind would wanna copy that...

Since Iowa had a case with the first one, I'm not sure how Southern Miss would expect to get any gold, side-facing bird on a black background through the process.

Surprised they didn't take a few extra steps away from the previous version.

This whole court fiasco with Iowa is yet another example for what a crock our judicial system can sometimes be. How a fully detailed, proper, side-profile hawk head can be misconstrued for Iowa's stencil-looking, abstract, dated hawk head is beyond me. Yeah, I get it Hawkeyes. Your ugly logo has some sentimental value cause your old coach (glad he didn't quit his day job, cause "artist" wouldn't have paid him well) created it. But it's ugly.