randyc's Almost Gray-less MLB; Tigers (Jan. 4)

randyc

I've been doing concepts for quite a few years now off and on. Recently I've been playing around in AI more and more and my skills with paint.net have improved so I figured it was time that I expand from hockey concepts and move into the baseball world, with my own template with pieces from the template used on SL.net baseball uniforms.

I understand why teams go with road gray uniforms, but it something I haven't always been a fan of. Because of this, I decided to start a series in which there are no more gray road uniforms (albeit one or two teams may be an exception, but we'll see). I decided to keep the gray pants to go with the road uniforms so there would be a little bit of difference between teams during games.

American League

East

Baltimore Orioles - Home, Road, Alternate

Boston Red Sox - Home, Road, Home Alternate, Road Alternate

Central

Chicago White Sox - Home, Road, Alternate, Road Alternate

Cleveland Indians - Home, Road, Home Alternate

Detroit Tigers - Home, Road

West

Anaheim Angels - Home, Road, Home Alternate, Alternate

National League

East

Atlanta Braves - Home, Road, Alternate

Central

Chicago Cubs - Home, Road, Alternate

Cincinnati Reds - Home, Road, Home Alternate, Alternate

West

Arizona Diamondbacks - Home, Road, Alternate

Colorado Rockies - Home, Road, Alternate

8prlQWA.png

Amazing concept series Randy.....looking forward to seeing it thru.

I've always thought that gray road jerseys in baseball should be limited to a very few select teams and that most teams could pull off a colored jersey on the road.

For the Cubs, maybe make the home alternate an 80s throwback with the primary logo on the chest and the two-tone cuffs. I would also use matching piping/cuffs on the two blue jerseys

I'd like to see a little more contrast between the road and alternate jerseys for the Angels. I would try making one of them blue, since the Angels have used it as the primary color in the past.

My one piece of advice going forward is to make sure the road and alt work well together but don't become redundant.

For the Cubs, maybe make the home alternate an 80s throwback with the primary logo on the chest and the two-tone cuffs. I would also use matching piping/cuffs on the two blue jerseys

I'd like to see a little more contrast between the road and alternate jerseys for the Angels. I would try making one of them blue, since the Angels have used it as the primary color in the past.

My one piece of advice going forward is to make sure the road and alt work well together but don't become redundant.

I like the idea of a blue Jersey for them. Maybe even go crazy and make a blue vest with red undershirts!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Next up is Baltimore. I decided to go with mismatching caps and batting helmets, but aside from that not really any changes from what they currently wear.

QoD1FL1.pngMpfygdc.pngWWGbZB4.png

I like it. Make the home cap's front panel white and make the wordmark on the orange jersey white and I'd say job well done.

A few more comments on these would be nice.

Here are the White Sox.

YBEfFUm.png9Fa4lLJ.pnguoWcr11.png

Love the alt, with the '80s logo in the current color scheme. One gripe, though: as silver/gray is actually one of the White Sox' colors, I'd like to see a bit more of it (even though this is "almost gray-less MLB"). There's some, but there should be a little more. Also, don't they use a lighter silver-ish color as opposed to that medium-dark gray?

Archived