randyc

randyc's Almost Gray-less MLB; Tigers (Jan. 4)

I think the tomahawk on the Braves' navy/away jersey should be red, but other than that I like this series.

Nice concepts overall but (as an admitted fan of white vs. gray) this shows the value of gray in an era where alts are going to be a thing for sure. The Angels and Cubs are good examples...good choice not giving them blue and red alts, respectively...but I actually had to go back to check for a difference on the Angels.

Barring some culture or rule change about wearing white at home pretty much all the time, we'd have a ton of color vs. color matchups and you can bet some be tough to distinguish from the cheap seats.

Since Mike Trout was named AL MVP today, the team up is the Angels. I decided to use bring back the 'Anaheim' Angels because I hate that they're still called the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

8dWWI1N.png

52x1NV5.pngt7EFVlz.png

I don't think the silver outline works on the red jerseys. Maybe reverse it with the blue inline.

The red piping on the secondary blue Cubs' jersey also doesn't work for me. Great job so far, though,

Your White Sox concept is stellar. I've always thought the '80s beach blanket logo would look great with their current color scheme.

Thanks for the comments so far guys. Anaheim will be re-done in due time, and a gray jersey will be added for Chicago at some point as well.

Next up is the Red Sox. Again, didn't do too much with the Red Sox since I believe they don't really need too much in terms of tweaks.

tJLincM.pnguvzk0nN.pngRLT1Osr.pngg80CsrF.png

Stellar, but I don't think adding the hanging Sox logo to the sleeve of the blue jersey would be a terrible idea.

Stellar, but I don't think adding the hanging Sox logo to the sleeve of the blue jersey would be a terrible idea.

Updated the Red Sox to add the hanging socks logo.

Nice update on the Angels and nice job on Boston.

I decided to change up the Rockies colours a bit. Gone is purple and added is a gold/beige colour. Felt like these colours popped more than purple and black did.

mSFJ7WI.pngO4JEWvA.png6ZwMlNU.png

It's an interesting alteration to the Rockies, very collegiate. Personally, I dig black and purple - I think those colours work really well together - the biggest problem I see facing the Rockies is their painfully outdated block script. What you've done looks good though.

Not bad, but I like the black and purple Rockies more.

Cincinnati is next. I kept the current font the Reds use because I actually like it. I also brought back red pinstripes for the home uniform, which is one of my favourite uniforms I've done to this point.

r2cKryG.pngi32jqG8.pngp876jT5.pngBU1lsJt.png

The other Ohio-based team is next. Here are the Indians.

I have also added a gray White Sox road alternate uniform, which can be found in the first post of the thread.

5wT8wHb.pngpOa9VfO.pngGp0CAOq.png

Tigers are up next. I added the Tiger head to the sleeve on the home, and added an alternate hat which also includes the Tiger head for the road uniform.

WEX0wvk.png

ce5waB0.png

White Sox: Alt: Use the regular cap, great uni though

Indians: Use the C on the cap, or Chief Wahoo; either use the font on the current home alt jersey for the home, or make it white.

Angels: make the text on the road say ANGELS. i know the name is stupid, but they are Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, mainly because Los Angeles Literally means the angels. also, lose the blue caps and jerseys.

Reds: add a black outline to the road jersey

Rockies: keep purple