IIHF ideas... for the bottom teams

dgnmrwrw

it's interesting to me to see more emphasis on color than on striping,

Me too...Which is why I'm really liking your North Korea, Luxembourg, Turkey and Greece "aways". (although the "block of colour" on Greece is made up of striping)

Looking forward to more.

Luxembourg is like Greece too in their aways

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are all great, but I think using different fonts would help.

I had started to do custom fonts for most, if not all, of the countries. But some of them seemed to be moving toward cultural cliches, and also I kinda wanted there to be one unifying element, a consistent type style, running through the series (think MLS or Premiership numerals) to make it clear that these are IIHF competition uniforms.

More coming up!

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Dynamic stuff, dg.

They'd all look good in motion.

I'm challenged to find something to nit-pick.

I'm not sure if you needed the black shoulders on S.A.,

and, I wonder, if the thin white stripe on the Bulgarian striping was placed at the bottom of the green stripe, would the sleeve numbers "pop" a bit more.

Minor stuff... these are all well done.

Use different fonts to give the teams more identities! Still great!

I'm sticking by my reasoning not to, but since some people want to see different fonts I may go back at the end and revisit the ones I had started.

More coming.

Great work! I'm glad you're taking on this series. Seeing the Iceland concept makes me wish they were bigger on the hockey stage.

I really like South Africa's design and how all the colors play off each other. New Zealand looks great, too, but part of me wonders whether the all black should be left to the All-Blacks and the hockey side could have a little red and blue thrown in, especially if New Zealand goes forth with replacing its Australia-lookalike flag and goes to one that incorporates the fern with some red and blue.

North Korea looks good, but I would make sure to do something recognizing their hockey team's thirty consecutive gold medals. I think that would really pop.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Great as always! Keep up the good work! And I was saying the fonts cuz at the iihf championships must teams use agency fb as their fonts, but the Czech republic stands out as their own fonts in recent years. Just keep that in mind for the future.... And that Iceland looks similar to the (ew) Rangers..... But I like it cuz the blue shorts. Monochrome can look good and can look bad in hockey. And just out of curiosity, what would white shorts look like on the blue Iceland?

I'm usually not a fan of vertical striping, but it sure looks great on the Belgium unis.

I like how you've "continued" the back stripe up into the collar.

That Iceland set is a damn-good-looking uniform! Well done.

I'm not sure about the graduated line striping on the Kiwis' sweater.

It almost brings in a "grey" area, which takes away from a real crisp and clean B&W colour combo.

Great series so far.

New Zealand looks great, too, but part of me wonders whether the all black should be left to the All-Blacks and the hockey side could have a little red and blue thrown in, especially if New Zealand goes forth with replacing its Australia-lookalike flag and goes to one that incorporates the fern with some red and blue.

North Korea looks good, but I would make sure to do something recognizing their hockey team's thirty consecutive gold medals. I think that would really pop.

Interesting point. Does anyone know if the all-black look is used by other national teams, or if it essentially reserved for the rugby team? If it is, maybe I could use an all-black look for the home, but use another color scheme for the road. Also, I have seen and really like some of those flag proposals. And I'd love Australia to go the same route.

Love the North Korea zinger.

I'm not sure about the graduated line striping on the Kiwis' sweater.

It almost brings in a "grey" area, which takes away from a real crisp and clean B&W colour combo.

I'd worried about this too. I was trying to evoke the imagery of Maori tattoos, with sweeping round concentric lines. I'm gonne go back and revisit this detail.

More coming up!

Australia would be beautiful, but why the black?

Australia doesn't have black. It's green, yellow, and white with the Kangaroo. Mexico below it is black.

I like all of these, except for North Korea's. It looks like you just pasted the flag haphazardly onto the uniform. It'd be neat to see something else other than the flag there. Maybe just the star roundel?

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived