design process: crest for Atlanta MLS team (C&C NEEDED)

jaker52

Here is what I have so far

Screen_Shot_2014_11_16_at_2_20_58_PM.png

I'll explain

font echoes history of sports in the area

3 stripes for the 3 Indian villages that made up the area united by the top bar as ATL

negative space remotely resembles railroad tracks, tracing back to how the city came to be

everything else should be obvious I would like some help to make this perfect.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Sorry, but this doesn't scream anything. It's very basic and has no characteristics. you say the negative space is railroad tracks, but they're not. They're just lines. Perhaps you throw some horizontal beams to help the train tracks some more, but this is a pretty plain crest. In addition, I'd say the 2017 is unneeded, but if you do want to included it, put it below the 'ATL', not above it.

Agreed. It doesn't do anything drastic or interesting, which is what you want in a crest. I'd say put something around the edges where you 2017. It would add to the creativeness of it.

I'll explain

font echoes history of sports in the area

3 stripes for the 3 Indian villages that made up the area united by the top bar as ATL

negative space remotely resembles railroad tracks, tracing back to how the city came to be

everything else should be obvious I would like some help to make this perfect.

I have a hard time believing that all of these were thought of before you started creating this. Instead of coming up with "inspiration" to justify the work, try using said inspiration from the start to create the mark.

Archived