Metropolitan Football Club

exaccardi

NYCFC existing doesn't mean that Metro no longer represents New York, New York is where the fan base exists, and RBA is on the NYC transit system.

You're obviously not from here. No one from this area would ever consider the newark path and nj transit part of the NYC transit system. But anyway - there's a difference between representing New York and acting like u actually play in New York city when you don't. The Giants, jets, and islanders all represent the New York metro area-- but none of them use specific New York city imagery as part of their branding. There's a difference.

Sorry I should have been clearer, Harrison is part of the New York METROPOLITAN Area, as in centering around New York City, hence the name METROPOLITAN Football Club. Anyone who lives in Manhattan knows that the PATH makes stops between 33rd St. and Christopher Street in Manhattan, which I'm sure you're aware is in New York. You're pretty much proof that NYCFC fans are the trolls of MLS. I'm from Manhattan, and I'm a proud Red Bulls fan, you're obviously incredibly excited to jump on the MCFC bandwagon, so go right ahead, but don't forget that Metro/Red Bull has represented this city in MLS for two decades.

In other news, I'm currently working on changes to the logo including an updated soccer ball, font, and positioning of the M on the crest. I hear you guys about Verdana. In terms of the soccer ball, I'm thinking about changing it to 3 panels a side to stay accurate with the inaugural MLS ball, but aesthetically and historically I think it's more accurate to stick to the "volleyball" format.

I'm a Red Bulls fan .. no intention of switching to NYCFC - Red Bulls play much closer to where I live now in central NJ.

I think you're missing what I'm saying. The team plays in Harrison. I totally understand that they represent the NY metropolitan area. Just like the Jets and Giants do even if they dont play within the city. That's where there was land to build a stadium. I totally get it. I'm def not one of those idiots saying the Giants should start calling themselves the New Jersey Giants.

All I'm saying is it seems a bit odd to have such specific New York city imagery, taken from the NYC seal, when the team doesn't play within the city limits. To me, it makes sense that the Knicks have a NYC subway token inspired logo, but it would be a little strange if the Jets did. I think there are better choices for the logo than imagery from the NYC seal.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I think you need to change the soccer ball to a more modern looking ball. The old style ball works for the European teams because they were founded/existed when those balls where actually in use. Putting a ball like that for a team founded in 1996 gives off a false sense of history IMO.

I like the team name and the idea, but I think you need to rework your elements. First off like someone else mentioned earlier, I would ditch the roundel since that is what NYCFC is going with. Also, I feel the small elements around the windmill would certainly get lost in embroidering and small print applications. In fact, I would think about ditching the windmill and focus more on the M, or find something more fitting of the metropolitan area rather than the city proper. Even though they're the little brothers, NYCFC has jumped all over that.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived