An NHL Redux - Updated: Vegas Golden Knights Concept Prediction

Jack Holmes

It's been ages since I've really had the time to focus on some NHL stuff. There are a number of concepts just lying around in one of my folders that I've never really put any finishing touches on (i.e. sleeve numbers, adding helmets, pants, socks, etc), so I thought it was time I finish them and put on a little more polish.

I prefer to use the old CCM paint templates because I find them easier to use, what being incredibly horizontal. They are a bit bulky, but unlike the Edge templates, I find there's more space utilize. I have Reebok'd them, though, they will have the Reebok tags and Edge collars, but I streamlined them, so they will all have the same basic collar template, which I'll concede is lame on my end.

Right now I only have four teams ready but I am hoping to polish off about ten or eleven over the next few days. They're not in any discernible order either, sorry.

NHL Redux:

Anaheim Ducks - [ Updated ] [ 2.0 ]

Arizona Coyotes

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Calgary Flames

Carolina Hurricanes - [ Updated ]

Chicago Blackhawks - [ Updated ]

Colorado Avalanche - [ Updated ]

Columbus Blue Jackets - [ Updated ]

Dallas Stars

Detroit Red Wings

Edmonton Oilers

Florida Panthers

Los Angeles Kings - [ Updated ]

Minnesota Wild

Montreal Canadiens

Nashville Predators

New Jersey Devils

New York Islanders - [ Updated ]

New York Rangers

Ottawa Senators - [ Updated ]

Philadelphia Flyers

Pittsburgh Penguins

San Jose Sharks - [ Updated ]

St. Louis Blues - [ Updated ]

Tampa Bay Lightning

Toronto Maple Leafs - [ Updated ]

Vancouver Canucks

Washington Capitals

Winnipeg Jets

NHL All-Star

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work on all of these so far!

I love their current look, but your take on Boston does work very well. I'm not sure about the white dipped sleeves on the dark uniform as that seems more like a Penguins thing.

The Jets look great, and while the stencil numbers are creative I can see them being problematic in real world application with that much going on around the back. I think here, you'll either need to redo the stripes or lose the stencil numbers.

Florida you've nailed, they should never have dumped that look in the first place.

Minnesota looks fantastic. It's a shame to not see their primary logo on the home uniform, but the wordmark does look good on that jersey. Having said that, I'm not particularly a big fan of wordmark logos on primary uniforms - this coming from a Ducks fan who's just had to sit through 8 years of his favourite team playing in bland wordmark jerseys - the Minnesota script is great but in my opinion it should be on an alternate uniform.

And again, you've nailed it with Ottawa. Well done.

The musical note stripes for the Blues is certainly interesting, I think swapping the colours on the white jersey would look better. Also, the dark jersey needs light coloured numbers. Go with white or yellow, not blue on blue.

Looking forward to seeing more :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Updated with the Devils, Stars and Oilers.

Great work on all of these so far!

I love their current look, but your take on Boston does work very well. I'm not sure about the white dipped sleeves on the dark uniform as that seems more like a Penguins thing.

The Jets look great, and while the stencil numbers are creative I can see them being problematic in real world application with that much going on around the back. I think here, you'll either need to redo the stripes or lose the stencil numbers.

Florida you've nailed, they should never have dumped that look in the first place.

Minnesota looks fantastic. It's a shame to not see their primary logo on the home uniform, but the wordmark does look good on that jersey. Having said that, I'm not particularly a big fan of wordmark logos on primary uniforms - this coming from a Ducks fan who's just had to sit through 8 years of his favourite team playing in bland wordmark jerseys - the Minnesota script is great but in my opinion it should be on an alternate uniform.

And again, you've nailed it with Ottawa. Well done.

The musical note stripes for the Blues is certainly interesting, I think swapping the colours on the white jersey would look better. Also, the dark jersey needs light coloured numbers. Go with white or yellow, not blue on blue.

Looking forward to seeing more :D

Cheers.

I went through a few Bruins variations. Ultimately, I am huge fan of the early-00s, Joe Thornton-era jerseys and I love the white hem on those, so that's where that's coming from. I've updated the removing the white cuffs.

I've updated the Blues, the numbers are now white and the collar, yellow.

As for the Jets, I had them originally looking a lot like Canada's Olympic jerseys from earlier this year. They were blank at the back to avoid clutter but it felt really empty. Don't know how to compromise it. Maybe a number box? I've removed the blue yoke for now on the road set.

I'll agree with you on wordmarks, too - not a fan of them on hockey jerseys in general. Also not a fan of teams using mismatching logos on their home/away set. But something about that Wild one and the colour green just tickles my fancy. I am going to leave it on just to be different.

I am a real fan of the 'burgundy Flames' concepts. Every time I see one, it stands out, to me anyway. Maybe because it separates them apart from the massive brigade of 'red teams' in the NHL, I don't know. I am a stickler for traditionalist values though.

Before I move on to the second half of the league, I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on these two, somewhat conflicting Calgary Flames' concepts:

kR5Xi7M.png

Tu66la6.png

The shade of red from #2 on an otherwise unchanged #1 would look fantastic

That was the compromise I was hoping to avoid. :D

Updated to include the Ducks, 'Leafs, 'Wings and Blackhawks. Chicago and Anaheim are both a couple of old designs I've probably posted before months ago.

Archived