An NHL Redux - Updated: Vegas Golden Knights Concept Prediction

Jack Holmes

The Capitals set is awesome. At first I just liked it because of the overall retro feel, which reminded me of the New York Americans.

I noted the three stars to represent DC, and then the Washington Monument in the 'W' (very subtle, I love that feature). It took me a few seconds to spot, which is how good design should be. Definitely there, definitely very specific, but not glaringly in your face. I think their real 'Weagle' logo suffers from being just too obvious with how they hid the Monument, whereas yours is much more seamless.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Capitals set is awesome. At first I just liked it because of the overall retro feel, which reminded me of the New York Americans.

I noted the three stars to represent DC, and then the Washington Monument in the 'W' (very subtle, I love that feature). It took me a few seconds to spot, which is how good design should be. Definitely there, definitely very specific, but not glaringly in your face. I think their real 'Weagle' logo suffers from being just too obvious with how they hid the Monument, whereas yours is much more seamless.

It is a great logo, it's not mine though. It's taken from the Winter Classic jersey

1411490432000-cdnmsepsddev.jpg

Nice potential, maybe spend a little more time on ideas instead of trying to get so many done. Blues and caps look identical.

That's a concern I have, but believe me, I have taken my time. What's funny is both designs are nearly a year apart. A lot of these designs are actually. Quite a few I made at the start of the year, only a handful were made recently. I am posting a lot of them at once because I have only now had the time to add the finishing touches; sleeve numbers, shorts, helmet, resizing the logos. It's tedious work but it's why I didn't post them earlier.

I'd also agree that Washington and St. Louis are similar, to a degree. They are both, sort of, pinstripes, but I would point out the design differ in colour dramatically enough to make them appear dissimilar, and the size and number of each set of stripes are different. It's not like I was lazy and simply copy and pasted the same layers. They're also both, arguably, the only original pieces in my set, at least to my eyes, they don't look quite like anything currently being worn in the NHL or that's been worn by either team before.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice.

None of them are particular poor in my eyes. Happy to see the return to the old shade of gold for Pittsburgh.

Very well done! Really love the Blues.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Very nice.

None of them are particular poor in my eyes. Happy to see the return to the old shade of gold for Pittsburgh.

Very well done! Really love the Blues.

That's the best I can hope for. :D Cheers.

I have re-designed the Hurricanes to better reflect their original unis.

ENqynj0.png

• 5 months later...

I'd prefer the yellow on Columbus to change to red. It resembles Pittsburgh's yellow too much. And as a Jackets fan, I can't have that :P

Just trying some things out. Personally, I think the Jackets would look better with that shade than the Penguins do.

The only problem is Ohio's flag (on the CBJ jerseys) does not have yellow stripes, it has red.

The double blue wasn't bad, but as long as that logo is used, i think red is needed.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived