I sense a tire issue with the extended Indy practice. The testing earlier this season was done BEFORE the aero changes. The 9" spoiler wasn't discussed during the test, but was added during the Coke 400 weekend.

CKcs_a-VAAEbRXm_zpsy69pvqib.jpg

Photo credit: Joe Gibbs Racing

Nice to test it with a can of Coke.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After this win, I really want to believe it's now rigged for Kyle Busch, but if he's that good then so be it. I won't lie, I've always hated him since he spun Jr out at Richmond a few years ago. It's just something about the way he presents himself.

Results from Indy

1. Kyle Busch

2. Logano

3. Harvick

4. Truex Jr.

5. Hamlin

6. Bowyer

7. Kenseth

8. Kurt Busch

9. Larson

10. Keselowski

Kyle & Joey going at it again, Kyle gets Toyota their first win in Indy, won in 3 different aero packages & has won 4 out of the last 5. I mean, dang. Kyle's meaning business, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it all, he has been on fire! I was also impressed with some of the other drivers coming back from being lapped as well. Rough day for Gordon, Tony & Carl. Next up, back to Pocono.

baltimoreravens.png

Wow,that was a race. Congrats for Kyle Busch for his first Brickyard 400 win!

Kevin deserved that win but Kyle came up out of nowhere and if an infreno.The rest of the teams need to taste the rainbow tonight!

This was one of the best races no doubt this season.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Kyle Busch would have put and end to this Deflategate ruling. That's how hot he has been.

That said, I think big brother wins at Pocono. Kurt's birthday happens to be on race day (and Kyle himself is a rare birthday winner). I think Kurt joins that rare list.

Kyle Busch would have put and end to this Deflategate ruling. That's how hot he has been.

That said, I think big brother wins at Pocono. Kurt's birthday happens to be on race day (and Kyle himself is a rare birthday winner). I think Kurt joins that rare list.

Cale Yarborough is the only other driver to win a race on his birthday; and I think he did it twice.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Cale Yarborough is the only other driver to win a race on his birthday; and I think he did it twice.

Don't forget Matt Kenseth in 2013.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

So much for silly season so far....

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/danica-close-to-new-deal-with-stewart-haas-racing/

For those who have speculated the GoDaddy Girl may be going somewhere else, think again.
Stewart-Haas Racing team owner Gene Haas told Motorsport.com on Sunday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway that he’d like to get Danica Patrick’s deal signed “as soon as possible” -- and he expects to do just that.

“We expect her to stay with Stewart-Haas Racing,” Haas told Motorsport.com. “We have some very good sponsors that are in the process of signing up. But we knew that.

Well, I expect McMurray to stay at CGR, the same with Truex Jr. with Furniture Row & we all know Jimmie isn't going anywhere.... The only real question is who will be in the 55 next season? Will Vickers return or will David Ragan take over?

baltimoreravens.png

Brian vickers needs to not be in a car for his own health. I really like him all the way back when he was in the Busch Series and know he's a really good driver and person. But he can't keep racing if these blood clots and everything associated with them keep happening.

The only real question is who will be in the 55 next season? Will Vickers return or will David Ragan take over?

Ragan will take over the #55 car and Brett Moffitt will take over the #34 car. Vickers retires and may end up taking a possible management position for MWR. He can stay involved with racing, but not be behind the wheel.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

The only real question is who will be in the 55 next season? Will Vickers return or will David Ragan take over?

Ragan will take over the #55 car and Brett Moffitt will take over the #34 car. Vickers retires and may end up taking a possible management position for MWR. He can stay involved with racing, but not be behind the wheel.

What about Jones? Part time ride next year with JGR? New team with MWR?

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

I'm assuming you're talking about Erik Jones... Furniture Row is fielding a second team next year (correct me if I'm wrong) AND they are likely to switch to Toyota after this year. I could see a Truex-Jones Furniture Row within a year or two, but other than that the most likely place for Jones to be next year is right where he is now at JGR.

I'm assuming you're talking about Erik Jones... Furniture Row is fielding a second team next year (correct me if I'm wrong AND they are likely to switch to Toyota after this year. I could see a Truex-Jones Furniture Row within a year or two, but other than that the most likely place for Jones to be next year is right where he is now at JGR.

Its 2017,though I do expect him seeing him run a few races in a part time JGR car next season (81,91,?).

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Adding more fuel to the fire of a manufacture switch...

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/7/28/toyota-trd-2015-chase-2016-planning-joe-gibbs-racing-michael-waltrip-racing-furniture-row-racing.html

"We are talking to a number of organizations about the future, and certainly in the near-term, we're not sure what Michael Waltrip Racing is going to do," Wilson said. "They've yet to announce their plans. Certainly we have had a rich history in the sport together. We got our butts kicked together in 2007, our first year, and you forge very close and personal relationships when you have those trials together.

"Whatever they decide to do, we certainly wish nothing but the best for them."

Wilson has acknowledged discussions with Furniture Row Racing owner Barney Visser about the Denver-based team's potential manufacturer move from Chevrolet to Toyota. But the TRD president suggested that Furniture Row, like Toyota itself, was focused on its 2015 Chase efforts.

"Regarding Furniture Row Racing, again they haven't announced their plans for next year certainly," Wilson said. "I imagine they're focusing on getting Martin Truex well-positioned in the Chase as well and competitive."

Looks like this is going to happen folks. I've also heard the rumors of Erik Jones moving up. Toyota sees him as his next big driver, although I don't see this happening til 2017.

baltimoreravens.png

Welcome Furniture Row into the Toyota stable,sometime in the future.

What a great move,even know I'm Chevy bias,I will still be a fan.

But will they move MWR or JGR engines?

Huh?

All Toyota Cup engines are built in for teams in Costa Mesa, California by TRD and shipped to teams two weeks before the specific track as opposed to being built by the individual teams.

However, JGR does build engines themselves and leases them out to teams in the Xfinity and truck series.

For the second year in a row, AJ Allmendinger will be signing autographs (this time for the August Pocono race), and my parents will take me up with my race won diecast from Watkins Glen for him to sign. It'll be Friday night 6:30pm to 7:30pm.

I also have a rookie card that I got a few years ago I plan to bring along and have him sign as well; so that's three seperate items. The car, the card that came with the diecast and that rookie card.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived