• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kasey Kahne had a nasty lick to the pit wall, causing a 10-minute delay to weld the pit wall together where he hit (it was in the stall of the #32 car of Timmy Hill).

And just a few minutes ago; Kevin Harvick's engine expired going into Turn 3 and his day is done.

I was at Outback and when I saw that I went,"Holy :censored: !"

Also,it is very odd that Harvick had a bad day.

It wasn't that bad of a lick. He was able to slow it down a lot, a lot of what made it look bad was the banner flying in the wind. And yes it is odd that Harvick would have a bad day, but to have an engine blow today at pocono is not that surprising because he could have just screwed up a shift that caused it.

Kasey Kahne had a nasty lick to the pit wall, causing a 10-minute delay to weld the pit wall together where he hit (it was in the stall of the #32 car of Timmy Hill).

And just a few minutes ago; Kevin Harvick's engine expired going into Turn 3 and his day is done.

I was at Outback and when I saw that I went,"Holy :censored: !"

Also,it is very odd that Harvick had a bad day.

It wasn't that bad of a lick. He was able to slow it down a lot, a lot of what made it look bad was the banner flying in the wind. And yes it is odd that Harvick would have a bad day, but to have an engine blow today at pocono is not that surprising because he could have just screwed up a shift that caused it.

Who knew,he could had a Mark Martin-type incident.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Results from Pocono:

1. Kenseth

2. Keselowski

3. Gordon

4. Earnhardt Jr.

5. Biffle

6. Johnson

7. Allmendinger

8. Bowyer

9. Stewart

10. Truex Jr.

Wow, I never thought I think it, but I will say this...

The races at Pocono have gotten better. I have enjoyed the races here recently, this track has been impressive this race finish was great. It all depended on fuel strategy. Although it was a gamble, it bit both Logano & Kyle Busch. Because of this, Kyle took a hit on points.

Next up, Watkins Glen!

baltimoreravens.png

That's an all-time gutsy fuel gamble (Just like Mayfield at Michigan, Carl Edwards at Texas '08)

It came down to timing. If Truex had pitted a few laps later, we could have been talking about a Pocono sweep.

Or if the caution had come out after the white flag, we'd be talking about what a gutsy gamble Kyle Busch and his crew made.

Reminded me of Kyle Larson gambling on the rain at Michigan- admirable strategy that didn't work, but it could have.

I don't care what anyone says, I enjoy races that come down to fuel strategy.

As do I.

Gordon was in 15th or 16th when Logano ran out -- and then got third? Awesome. I don't applaud the 24 teams late race strategies often, but staying out to get a point for leading and being the last to pit was pretty brilliant.

Not sure why the 18 team gambled -- they should've pitted a lap or two after Logano and played for second or third.

Also, I'll admit, I usually hate Pocono, but it's been pretty damn good this year.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, this comes as no shock....

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/8/4/erik-jones-joe-gibbs-racing-2016-plans.html

Coach Joe Gibbs shed light on Erik Jones' NASCAR career arc Tuesday morning, saying that a full XFINITY Series schedule and some Sprint Cup events were planned for 2016.

Gibbs, appearing on "The Morning Drive on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, said that advancing the 19-year-old driver through the NASCAR development ladder was a top priority at Joe Gibbs Racing.

"We look at Erik as a big part of our future," Gibbs told SiriusXM, "and we've got a plan laid out and it's not something we've talked about in public, but we all kind of know inside of our racing organization, and with his parents and his agent ... is just great. So we've talked over a plan, and basically the plan next year would be a full XFINITY season and try and run for a championship there and also to, in all likelihood, have him in some Cup races so that would be the goal for next year."

This should be interesting in a few years, I'm looking forward to the day that the like of Chase Elliot & Erik Jones race each other in Sprint Cup. I think those two will be the future & it should be exciting! Although if he gets Jones to Sprint Cup, who will be out? My guess.... Denny considering his contract ends in 2016.

baltimoreravens.png

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/8/4/erik-jones-joe-gibbs-racing-2016-plans.html

Coach Joe Gibbs shed light on Erik Jones' NASCAR career arc Tuesday morning, saying that a full XFINITY Series schedule and some Sprint Cup events were planned for 2016.

Gibbs, appearing on "The Morning Drive on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, said that advancing the 19-year-old driver through the NASCAR development ladder was a top priority at Joe Gibbs Racing.

"We look at Erik as a big part of our future," Gibbs told SiriusXM, "and we've got a plan laid out and it's not something we've talked about in public, but we all kind of know inside of our racing organization, and with his parents and his agent ... is just great. So we've talked over a plan, and basically the plan next year would be a full XFINITY season and try and run for a championship there and also to, in all likelihood, have him in some Cup races so that would be the goal for next year."

This should be interesting in a few years, I'm looking forward to the day that the like of Chase Elliot & Erik Jones race each other in Sprint Cup. I think those two will be the future & it should be exciting! Although if he gets Jones to Sprint Cup, who will be out? My guess.... Denny considering his contract ends in 2016.

When does Matt Kenneth's contract expire? he will be 45 by then and i see him retiring in a very short amount of time.

When does Matt Kenneth's contract expire? he will be 45 by then and i see him retiring in a very short amount of time.

I think all but Denny's contract are beyond 2016. Although looking at the contracts expiring in 2016, it could get interesting...

Rumors include Harvick, Hamlin, Stenhouse Jr., Biffle, Menard, Newman & Almirola contract's expire after 2016, now that will be a very interesting silly season.

baltimoreravens.png

Hamlin and Harvick are the two drivers in that list of potential free agents that I do not see moving a muscle.

Everyone else seems to be fair game, although it would be odd to see Menard in anything other than a Childress-based team.

Almirola has only one win and that was a crazy rain-shortened Monsoon-shortened race in Daytona. Everywhere else? Less than stellar, to say the least. Then again, everyone who has stepped foot in the Petty Blue 43 since Richard's retirement has been "less than stellar"

I'd love to see Biffle return to his winning ways, but based on Roush's performance recently on the Cup side and the very rare Top-10 finishes, I can't see that happening anytime soon unless drastic changes are made.

Newman has had his moments in the spotlight throughout his career, but Childress seems to be performing the same as Roush: Once a powerhouse, now relying on consistency and Top-10's and not wins. Newman seems to have found a home at RCR, but the wins are not coming in.

Stenhouse Jr.... Pretty good career in XFINITY, but absolutely dreadful in Cup. Really, has he even had one good race other than the Bristol Spring race last year (which was also a crazy "beat the monsoon" strategy race)?

I see Buscher running some races for RFR in 2016,probably including Bubba,

I don't. Beuscher hasn't been great in the 34, but it IS the 34, so maybe some better equipment might help (although Roush's performance hasn't been great since Kenseth + Edwards left amaright?) Bubba was thrown in the 6 last-minute this year because he wanted a full-time ride and Roush scraped out enough change from in between the couch cushions to let him race this year. Plus, with things heating up between the two drivers, I could see Bubba leaving since Chris has proven to be successful this year (except for the last 7-8 races... that's another story).

Yes, it's fun to speculate and wonder "what if X happens? Will Y happen next?" However, we should just enjoy the racing now and let the rest play out.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of rumors:

Sadler to move to JR Motorsports for 2016?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Roush hasn't been a contender since Mark Martin left. They were a power house when he was there, then he left and the whole team has progressively been getting worse every season, and once Matt Kenneth left, that only left Edwards with any real success, and then he left and now the wheels really have fallen off. Even Biffle can't perform well now. Roush has simply been caught and surpassed by Hendricks, Gibbs, Penskee, and Childress. Roush needs to do some serious changes if he wants to be competitive and win again like they were in the early and mid 00's

Roush hasn't been a contender since Mark Martin left. They were a power house when he was there, then he left and the whole team has progressively been getting worse every season, and once Matt Kenneth left, that only left Edwards with any real success, and then he left and now the wheels really have fallen off. Even Biffle can't perform well now. Roush has simply been caught and surpassed by Hendricks, Gibbs, Penskee, and Childress. Roush needs to do some serious changes if he wants to be competitive and win again like they were in the early and mid 00's

It's called ''a wind of change''. When one team gets better,another starts becoming bad. I think the only way for Roush to survive if they put Buscher or Bubba in a part time ride for next season and then let them fly in the (then sponsor) Cup Series.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

I could see Sadler at JR Motorsports. Question is, would he drive the 5,9 (if JR keeps it around after Chase leaves), or 88? 5 would be most reasonable, 7 is Regan Smith, 9 ???, 88 is likely to stay in it's rotation of Junior, Kahne, Harvick, & Rhodes or Berry.

Side-Note, I believe JR Motorsports is the top talent development race team in Xfinity/Truck Series. Saying that, a few drivers have been hit and misses (Cassil, maybe even Patrick, Cole Whitt)

I could see Sadler at JR Motorsports. Question is, would he drive the 5,9 (if JR keeps it around after Chase leaves), or 88? 5 would be most reasonable, 7 is Regan Smith, 9 ???, 88 is likely to stay in it's rotation of Junior, Kahne, Harvick, & Rhodes or Berry.

Side-Note, I believe JR Motorsports is the top talent development race team in Xfinity/Truck Series. Saying that, a few drivers have been hit and misses (Cassil, maybe even Patrick, Cole Whitt)

Aric Almirola and Brad Keselowski are the two biggest stars so far developed by JRM, with Chase Elliot being the next one.

More than likely, Elliot will be in the 5 or 9, with One Main Financial sponsorship. He might drive the 00 Haas truck, too, when Cole Custler doesn't and Kevin Harvick, Kasey Kahne, or Jr doesn't want to.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived