• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NASCAR legend Buddy Baker has passed on at the age of 74 after a battle with cancer. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

"Do not shed a tear. Give a smile when you say my name. I'm not saying goodbye. Just talk to you later."

- Buddy Baker.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

NASCAR legend Buddy Baker has passed on at the age of 74 after a battle with cancer. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

"Do not shed a tear. Give a smile when you say my name. I'm not saying goodbye. Just talk to you later."

- Buddy Baker.

That is sad,almost one month after annouced that he had cancer.

He was one of the best and he will be missed.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

He missed 11 races BECAUSE of Daytona and NASCAR. That's the only reason he was given the Papal special dispensation. If his injuries happened outside of the XFinity race, he would be ineligible.

It was his choice to race in the Xfinity series, Not NASCAR requiring him to race in that Series. If he get's hurt in the Cup Race, He should be eligible, but he got hurt in a Series in which he was NOT eligible for the Championship. If it happened to JR, or Harvick (which is my driver) or whichever Cup driver it is, then I would say the same thing, that was your choice to race in a lower series, you get hurt, too bad so sad, try again next year.

Cup guys steal a lot of :censored: wins from the Trucks and Xfinty drivers. NASCAR should block Cup drivers for driving in the lower levels.

They'd have to sacrifice sponsors to do so. A lot of times those sponsorships are dependent on those guys running so many races.

Also, who cares how Busch got hurt? He meets the requirements to be in the chase so he should be in the chase. Frankly, if we have to have the chase, I'd rather watch the best drivers compete for it than not -- and right now, he happens to be the best driver.

IUe6Hvh.png

You know, I'm absolutely sick and tired of seeing Kyle Busch and Logano and Brad kicking the tushes of guys like Elliot Sadler, Regan Smith and Chase Elliott. Don't give me this "track practice" excuse; because that's a load of crock.

You know what I would do if I was Brian France? Draw a line in the sand. Say if you race in Xfinity or Camping World Truck Series races and you are running for the Sprint Cup championship; you are INELIGIBLE to not only get into the Chase but win the Sprint Cup Championship. Call this a d-ck move or what have you but these series need to be training series for up and comers. Sure, they can practice against Sprint Cup heavyweights; but if those same heavyweights keep winning race after race; what lessons are those guys learning other then this will happen to you on Sundays in the future instead of Saturdays?

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I must be the only one who thinks Kyle Busch shouldn't be eligible for the chase

Give me one legit reason. He's followed the rules, is top 30 in points and has 4 wins. It'd be asinine to keep him out.

HE MISSED :censored: 11 RACES BECAUSE OF A :censored: NON-SAFER BARRER.

Easy there, Fido.

Yes, he hit a wall that had no safer barrier. But rewatch the replay. Where else was he gonna go? The grass made it virtually impossible to correct the car. He was heading straight for the wall and couldn't do anything about it. What you need to understand - and I'm pretty sure it's been said 5 times already - is that there was no safer barrier. This isn't Kyle's fault. It wasn't his duty to add safer barriers to Daytona. You can only place the blame on NASCAR and Daytona for not having safer barrier around the entire track, inside and out. It was,NASCAR's and Daytona's fault for not having any type of barrier there, whether it was tire or SAFER. It's because of Nascar and Daytona that Kyle was basically crippled for about 3 months. However, you cannot sit there and think that Kyle doesn't deserve a spot in the Chase after 4 wins in only 11 races back since his injuries. That is astounding. The,man is without a doubt the best driver on the circuit today. To deny him a spot in the Chase RIGHT NOW would be criminal. I guarantee he's doing better than all of our favorite drivers combined (unless you're a Jimmie Fan).

It's so easy to criticize when your not the one behind the wheel of a 180 MPH monster.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Some interesting news coming in....

http://www.popularspeed.com/calinoff-hornish-could-miss-another-shift/

Prior to the Chase last season, Marcos Ambrose announced that he would not be returning to the team, leaving RPM with the task of finding a successor. David Ragan and Hornish were at the top of the list, and it had seemed as though Ragan was leading in the polls. Ultimately, Hornish got the nod and it was well received by his long-standing fan base, originating from his open-wheel days.

This season, Hornish has scored just three top-10s; one in the Daytona 500 and the others in both road courses. He’s currently 25th in the standings and has finished on the lead lap just seven times.

2016 will probably have a different look and feel for RPM. The King has already moved into his new castle and they’re rumored to be changing manufacturers.

It’s likely that Sam Hornish will be done at RPM. And with the impending demise of Michael Waltrip Racing, I expect David Ragan to be on a very short list of candidates — including Regan Smith.

This racing stuff is a tough deal — especially at this level. Perpetual lackluster performances affect many components of a race team, but it’s usually the drivers that bear the greatest consequence.

In all honesty, I know Sam wants to stay in NASCAR but I think unless he goes back to Xfinity, I think his Sprint Cup career is done & may have to consider going back to IndyCar, although I'm interested to see which manufacture they may switch to (although, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Toyota)

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/13436435/nascar-indycar-roger-penske-true-success-story

But Penske isn't only about championships. He eyes the future of his organization and can see Ryan Blaney, a 21-year-old driver whom Penske wants to run full-time Cup next year, possibly in a mix of cars fielded by Wood Brothers and Penske personnel.

Roger knows talent, I'm hoping this happens for Ryan Blaney, the kid is very good behind the wheel.

baltimoreravens.png

Isn't MWR essentially getting absorbed by Chip Ganassi? I already posted this a few pages back, but if this happens the team lineup would be Jamie McMurray (1), Clint Bowyer (15), Kyle Larson (42), and well now the 55 is basically up for grabs if they decide to keep it. David Ragan and Regan Smith would both be great candidates for the 4th team. If Hornish leaves RPM and the 9, whoever loses out on the CGR ride would probably quickly get signed by Petty to fill the void.

I'm not a Kyle Busch fan by any means, but I do think he deserves to be in the Chase. Like what was said before, the Chase is about pitting the best drivers against each other, and right now Kyle Busch would be a fierce competitor in the Chase. I have no problem with drivers wanting to race more and more (like Tony Stewart) but I really do think there should be a limit on how many lower-level NASCAR-sanctioned competitions you can compete in. It really takes away from the success of drivers trying to learn. Sure, in some ways it is helpful in that they get to race against Cup drivers, but a lot of times it can hinder the success they have. I race a sport mod, and in the sport mod class we have a bunch of former (and successful) modified and late model drivers. One of which won a modified track championship last year. I like it in some ways because I get to race against veteran racers, but the sport mod class was originally intended to be a class for people to learn in before going into a modified. It's like how people on RAW and SmackDown don't compete in NXT because it's supposed to be developmental. Now, I know Xfinity isn't only used as a developmental league, but it primarily acts like one, which is why I think a limit on the number of Xfinity and truck races a Cup driver can compete in is necessary.

Results from Michigan

1. Kenseth

2. Harvick

3. Truex Jr.

4. Dillon

5. Hamlin

6. Edwards

7. Logano

8. Newman

9. Keselowski

10. Earnhardt Jr.

Joe Gibbs Racing is on fire! Kyle Busch & Matt Kenseth are making noise this season. It seemed like that whomever challenged Matt, he overcame them, I did want to say that Austin Dillon has done a complete turnaround this season. All in all, it's going to be tough to beat JGR... Next up, under the lights in Bristol!

baltimoreravens.png

Second race with the high drag package. And it should be the last. What NASCAR needs to do is get rid of the splitter. That will bring the car back into the driver's hands and not rely on engineering, of aerodynamics and engine tuning, which TRD seems to have a handle on this "engine package."

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived