Ryan Newman proving for the second straight season that you don't need a win to have a great chase. All this emphasis on "Win to get in" when Newman is proving it's all about consistency.

You forgot, that in every round only there can only be three winners max, so there will be non-winners advance and there will always be at least one driver who doesn't win to get to Homestead... only three winners can automatically advance. And what's wrong with winning a championship on points? Oh wait, I forgot, they keep points all year long. Points matter.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A day after Dale Jr and TaxSlayer.com unveiled a new partnership (and a new paint scheme) to bring the company up from JR Motorsports to Hendrick Motorsports, Jr is getting a new sponsor. That sponsor is Axalta. The same sponsor that has been with Jeff Gordon his entire career.

These two new primary sponsors join Nationwide and Diet Mountain Dew as major sponsors for Dale Jr.

Glad Axalta is staying on. Dupont/Axalta with Hendrick is probably the 2nd longest relationship in NASCAR next to STP and Petty. I imagine the scheme to be some sort of throwback design as are most of June Bug's cars.

Interstate Batteries and Joe Gibbs have been partners since 1992. Just a smidge longer than Hendrick and Dupont/Axalta.

iq5b7nF.png

Ryan Newman proving for the second straight season that you don't need a win to have a great chase. All this emphasis on "Win to get in" when Newman is proving it's all about consistency.

You forgot, that in every round only there can only be three winners max, so there will be non-winners advance and there will always be at least one driver who doesn't win to get to Homestead... only three winners can automatically advance. And what's wrong with winning a championship on points? Oh wait, I forgot, they keep points all year long. Points matter.

what I'm saying is he didn't win a race in the "regular season" for two straight years yet he still manages to stick around in the Chase. I'll admit it's pretty impressive

I imagine it'll be half blue/half white (top blue, top white) with the in-between area being an ice/frost/mountain design with red numbers.

Well, I got the "blue car with white mountains" part right:

http://www.stewarthaasracing.com/media/index.php?fromNews=1&article=2080

Harvick's new sponsor for 2016 Busch, and a new paint scheme to go with it.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I think Harvick's Budweiser scheme is easily one of the best in the sport right now but that Busch scheme is beautiful. That shade of blue is perfect.

So people don't have to go to the link:

4SC16_Busch_3Q.jpg

edit: Just saw a Busch Light scheme too...

12140835_1149295828417372_29082319984240

IUe6Hvh.png

Miller lite or MGD(depends on your era) and Penske have been partners since 1990.

1991 actually, 1990 Rusty and Miller were teamed up with Raymond Beadle.

I thought Kodiak was his sponsor throughout his time with Beadle/Blue Max Racing.

But then I remembered Kodiak went to become Ken Schrader's sponsor in the #25 Chevrolet in 1990.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Miller lite or MGD(depends on your era) and Penske have been partners since 1990.

1991 actually, 1990 Rusty and Miller were teamed up with Raymond Beadle.

I thought Kodiak was his sponsor throughout his time with Beadle/Blue Max Racing.

But then I remembered Kodiak went to become Ken Schrader's sponsor in the #25 Chevrolet in 1990.

And then Ricky Craven's 41.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Would it be helpful to start a NASCAR tracker thread to post new paint schemes, drivers switching teams, etc? Or is this thread basically it.

I think Jayski does a fine job for both.
what I'm saying is a thread for this site. Instead of sending readers to Jayski, they could come here

Would it be helpful to start a NASCAR tracker thread to post new paint schemes, drivers switching teams, etc? Or is this thread basically it.

I think Jayski does a fine job for both.
what I'm saying is a thread for this site. Instead of sending readers to Jayski, they could come here
Tried multiple attempts at making a paint scheme thread in the Sports Logos section. One gained traction last year, but the one this year is pretty much dead, as no one's commented on it for a long while. This thread works just fine.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Results from Charlotte:

1. Logano

2. Harvick

3. Truex Jr.

4. Hamlin

5. Kurt Busch

6. Edwards

7. Dillon

8. Gordon

9. Keselowski

10. Almirola

Logano just flat out dominated this race. It was however, a rough day for 2 of JGR cars with Kyle Busch colliding with Kyle Larson near the pits & Matt Kenseth just having a rough day.

Next up Kansas

baltimoreravens.png

Archived