3. Hamlin

4. Earnhardt Jr.

5. Kyle Busch

6. Truex Jr.

7. Newman

8. Harvick

9. Kahne

10. Stewart

Wow, what a race, I had a feeling that Kenseth was gonna go after Logano. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in the hauler. I'm extremely happy for Jeff right now, he finally got that win & he punched his ticket to Homestead! Jamie Mac gave a good race as well, it was a good Martinsville race.

Next up, Texas!

baltimoreravens.png

That was the single greatest moment of my young life.

This whole weekend has been simply amazing.

I met two of the sports greatest legends, witnessed payback right in front of me (yep, I was right on front of the entrance of Turn 1), and was able to see Jeff Gordon, my all-time favorite driver, receive what may be his final win and punch his ticket to the Championship race in Miami.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

That was one of my favorite races that I can think of. I don't think Logano was in the wrong a few weeks back, but Kenseth's reaction was pretty damn awesome. On top of that, Jeff Gordon winning is awesome -- I hope it's not his last but if it is, Martinsville is as good a race as any. Now I get two stress-free races until Homestead. Also, I love the fact that the crowd is right there for the "victory lane" celebration.

Awesome, awesome race.

Oh, anybody count how many times Biffle wrecked/spun? It had to be at least five, right?

IUe6Hvh.png

That was one of my favorite races that I can think of. I don't think Logano was in the wrong a few weeks back, but Kenseth's reaction was pretty damn awesome. On top of that, Jeff Gordon winning is awesome -- I hope it's not his last but if it is, Martinsville is as good a race as any. Now I get two stress-free races until Homestead. Also, I love the fact that the crowd is right there for the "victory lane" celebration.

Awesome, awesome race.

Oh, anybody count how many times Biffle wrecked/spun? It had to be at least five, right?

I only thought it was a couple times towards the middle and that wa SD it. I know Hornish brought out that last one, and both were blue and white.

The crowd's reaction to Kenseth spinning Joey? Absolutely priceless. Everyone was booing the 22 every tine he was mentioned.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

NASCAR has enjoyed using the "let the boys race" mantra for nearly three generations. They slightly moddify scoring and institute "The Chase", which still doesn't emphasis wins enough.

Now, they have this...which is unlike Prost/Senna in 1989 or last week in MotoGP with Rossi/Marquez as Kenseth was out of the Championship.

Full disclosure, I've always thought that he was "Meh" Kenseth.. until his Charlotte hauler rage last year and this today. But his is still very vanilla.

Matt Kenseth has also filed for an appeal, though I don't expect him to win.

Danica Patrick has also been fined $50,000 and docked 25 driver points. Expect her to appeal as well.

I believe it is safe to say that this is the unofficial death of the "boys have at it" ideology.

Consistently inconsistent.

Don't take revenge if you've got nothing to race for that day or that season.

Seems like a pretty sound standard, Kenseth had all of next season to go after Logano.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Mind-blowing. Just friggin' mind-blowing. It's okay to wreck a driver when he figured out a way to keep you behind him, and thus eliminate him from the Chase. No penalties, nothing to Logano who showed no skill, and he's allowed to walk scott free and even endorsed by the president of the sport. Two weeks later another driver announces on her radio that she will wreck a driver and does it. She gets a slap on the wrist. Matt Kenseth wrecks Joey Logano and he gets a two race suspension because everyone is claiming this "10 laps" down rule. What? When did that come into play? Danica was probably 10 laps down when she wrecked David Gilliland and announced it on her radio that she was going to do it, and got a slap on the wrist. What I'm understanding is Joey Logano can wreck anyone at anytime, but if you want to wreck Logano, you must be on the lead lap and racing for the win. The penalty for wrecking drivers on purpose should be consistant, and it shouldn't matter if you're laps down, racing for the win. Make it consistant. Because the thing NASCAR is forgetting in this whole thing, is Matt Kenseth wouldn't have wanted to pay Joey Logano back if Logano had passed him cleanly at Kansas. I love how the person who is the instigator, walks away scott free. I've said it before, if you're suspending Matt Kenseth for two races, you suspend Joey Logano for two races. Anyone who said that Logano didn't intentionally wreck Matt Kenseth at Kansas and that it was a racing deal, has their head so far up their butt it's ridiculous.

Everyone should had know this was something that was gonna happen.He didn't wreck his race car,he t-boned it.Killed.Goodbye,you're done.That right there killed his reputation as a great driver and role model in the NASCAR commiunity.I don't call BS on NASCAR,but Kenseth.

But who will replace him?No doubt Erik Jones.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Makes me think what will happen at Homestead if Logano is still in the Chase. Also, would Erik Jones drive the 20 in Kenseth's absence?

If Logano makes the Championship 4 (a long shot, but doable), Kenseth will make sure he doesn't win the title. Book it.

And yes, it looks like Erik Jones will be the substitute.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Mind-blowing. Just friggin' mind-blowing. It's okay to wreck a driver when he figured out a way to keep you behind him, and thus eliminate him from the Chase. No penalties, nothing to Logano who showed no skill, and he's allowed to walk scott free and even endorsed by the president of the sport. Two weeks later another driver announces on her radio that she will wreck a driver and does it. She gets a slap on the wrist. Matt Kenseth wrecks Joey Logano and he gets a two race suspension because everyone is claiming this "10 laps" down rule. What? When did that come into play? Danica was probably 10 laps down when she wrecked David Gilliland and announced it on her radio that she was going to do it, and got a slap on the wrist. What I'm understanding is Joey Logano can wreck anyone at anytime, but if you want to wreck Logano, you must be on the lead lap and racing for the win. The penalty for wrecking drivers on purpose should be consistant, and it shouldn't matter if you're laps down, racing for the win. Make it consistant. Because the thing NASCAR is forgetting in this whole thing, is Matt Kenseth wouldn't have wanted to pay Joey Logano back if Logano had passed him cleanly at Kansas. I love how the person who is the instigator, walks away scott free. I've said it before, if you're suspending Matt Kenseth for two races, you suspend Joey Logano for two races. Anyone who said that Logano didn't intentionally wreck Matt Kenseth at Kansas and that it was a racing deal, has their head so far up their butt it's ridiculous.

Thing to remember, the punishments aren't about protecting the drivers, its ultimately about protecting the championship.

These aren't the same situations, except in on-track outcomes. At Kansas, Logano and Kenseth were both in the playoffs and competing for the same thing. Kenseth could have wrecked Logano instead of getting spun, and yeah rubbin's racing in that instance. Patrick did get some punishment for going after a driver, but since he wasn't in the playoffs either *shrugs*. In the case of Kenseth T-boning Logano, you can't have somebody from the peanut gallery deciding that to take revenge at a moment that would be most costly to your victim-mostly because that opens the door to a lot of lower-level drivers trying to play kamikaze if it could impact the championship race.

Really the solution is to shrink the race field to only those drivers in playoff contention, but that's never going to happen, so you have got to punish Kenseth instead.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived