• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comeback? They reset the points to even for him 3 times.

... yes. He missed races and then he came back.

Happy for Kyle Busch. I was obviously pulling for Gordon, but I liked all four finalists and Busch earned it!

IUe6Hvh.png

All this salt and rage from the comments section on NASCAR.com, ESPN.com and Facebook tickles me.

I mean, I hate Kyle Busch, but I think had he not missed those 11 races; he'd have been more dominant and may have still won the title.

I agree, I saw a lot of posts on /r/nascar of people that were going to unsub and stop watching NASCAR. NASCAR hasn't been overly exciting to me, but I do think Kyle Busch was someone that should have won the title, however much I dislike him.

And I think Newman winning the title would have been worse. Busch got hurt in a racing incident and had to sit out, and he came back and it didn't look like he missed a beat. Champions are supposed to be someone who was a threat in every race they competed in, and Kyle Busch was, despite missing 11 races.

I'm sorry, but, If you are hurt in an Xfinity or truck race, even if you name is Busch, Harvick, Jr, Kahne, or whomever.... if you miss that many races, then you should not be eligible... you cannot tell me that a driver that has missed 11 races and was 28th in points before the chase is a more deserving champion then Driver A.) That led 2,300 laps and had 16 top 2 finishes over 35 races, or Driver B.) that won 6 races and was taken out by a guy who lost his mind one Sunday afternoon...

I'm sorry, but, If you are hurt in an Xfinity or truck race, even if you name is Busch, Harvick, Jr, Kahne, or whomever.... if you miss that many races, then you should not be eligible... you cannot tell me that a driver that has missed 11 races and was 28th in points before the chase is a more deserving champion then Driver A.) That led 2,300 laps and had 16 top 2 finishes over 35 races, or Driver B.) that won 6 races and was taken out by a guy who lost his mind one Sunday afternoon...

One of the dumbest statement ever. What were the rules? Did Kyle follow them? Yep. Okay. Then he deserves the Championship. Harvick agreed to the rules and knew what they were going in. Busch beat him legitimately. As far as your whining about Logano... stop. Logano took himself out. He took out Kenseth, acted like a complete moron, and was taken behind the woodshed and whiped like a little boy. It's kind of funny that the only people defending poor little Logano after Kenseth punted him, was his baby teammate Kesolowski, the media and whiney fans. It says a lot when the entire garage community just laughed at Logano being taken out. This has been a long time coming. Hopefully Logano has learned somethign from this.

Logano has pissed off people since he was in the Xfinity (Nationwide) Series by running people over. The rest of the garage was more than pleased at what Kenseth did. If Logano knew how to race, he would've figured a way around Kenseth or just settled for 2nd, but nope, he had to take him out. Well Joey, have you learned your lesson yet?

I knew that Kyle standing next to the trophy seemed natural during championship portrait day.

Congrats to everyone who made it. Excellent job by Kyle. Never have been a big fan of him, but now I'm becoming more neutral towards him - don't love him nor hate him.

Nice try by Harvick.

Once Gordon botched that third restart I knew his night was over. After the year he's had though, I'm glad he was able to get third and I'm also happy to say I witnessed his last win in-person in my only race I've attended. Thank you for the great memories, Jeff. Enjoy your retirement.

Truex never was a threat except for a 10-15 lap span. Good to see him bounce back after last year though and I can't wait to see what he does now that they're aligned with Gibbs.

Happy offseason, everyone!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I have to admit it was a pretty decent season, sorry to see Gordon go but hey, he went out his way & I think he'll fit in rather well with Mike Joy & DW in the booth. I would also like to say that Chris Buscher & Erik Jones did an awesome job winning their championships, but Erik Jones is a name race fans are going to be hearing a lot about in the future. I look forward to the day I see him & Chase Elliot running in Sprint Cup full time! Congrats to the champs all around, I bet Champions week will be interesting in Vegas!

2vl63hh.jpg

498351620.jpg

2s66eep.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

Here's my question to anyone who questions Kyle Busch's championship because he missed 11 weeks with an injury. The rules say that you can miss races due to injury. Why is this such an issue? No one ever sits there and complains about other athletes in other sports missing time due to injury and winning a championship. I find this to be the most odd argument. How many athletes in other sports should we criticize. Wayne Gretzky missed half a year with the Kings 93-93 and if the Kings would've won the Cup vs. Montreal, no intelligent person would question Gretzky and the Kings winning a championship.

Here's my question to anyone who questions Kyle Busch's championship because he missed 11 weeks with an injury. The rules say that you can miss races due to injury. Why is this such an issue? No one ever sits there and complains about other athletes in other sports missing time due to injury and winning a championship. I find this to be the most odd argument. How many athletes in other sports should we criticize. Wayne Gretzky missed half a year with the Kings 93-93 and if the Kings would've won the Cup vs. Montreal, no intelligent person would question Gretzky and the Kings winning a championship.

The problem is, he got hurt in an Xfinity series race. That was his choice to get on the track in a series where he is not eligible for the Championship. If that was ANY driver, the same thing, you lose your eligibility because you decided to do extra curricular activities. (that is a discussion for another day)

Hockey, Football, Basketball, etc. ... are a TEAM sport. NASCAR is individual behind the wheel.

If we are all ok with a Driver racing 25 races winning the title over everyone else that ran 36, and some put up better overall stats (i.e Harvick, Logano) then make rule that states, you can miss X number of races, or that you can negate your worst 10 races and count the rest towards the Championship.

The problem is, he got hurt in an Xfinity series race. That was his choice to get on the track in a series where he is not eligible for the Championship. If that was ANY driver, the same thing, you lose your eligibility because you decided to do extra curricular activities. (that is a discussion for another day)

Hockey, Football, Basketball, etc. ... are a TEAM sport. NASCAR is individual behind the wheel.

If we are all ok with a Driver racing 25 races winning the title over everyone else that ran 36, and some put up better overall stats (i.e Harvick, Logano) then make rule that states, you can miss X number of races, or that you can negate your worst 10 races and count the rest towards the Championship.

You DO realize he didn't choose to break his leg, right? Yes, he decides to hop into the Xfinity car that weekend. However, the fault lies with NASCAR and Daytona International Speedway for not having the SAFER Barrier all around the track, including the inside wall. None of the "Well golly gee wilickers, we didn't thunk he'd hit THAT part of the wall hyuh!". No. It's NASCAR's fault that their drivers were not 100% protected. Does the SAFER prevent injuries? Not at all. Would the chances of Kyle breaking a leg and foot been reduced had it been there? Absolutely. The least NASCAR could've done was give him a pardon if he could make it t the Chase. Now, Had He Come Back in late July to early August like we all,thought when he first got hurt, it would be a different stoey, and we'd probably be seeing Harvick hoist his second cup in a row.

Think about this as well, using oddball's analogy: does anyone think Ohio State didn't deserve to win the Championship simply because they were on to their third string quarterback? Of course not. In fact, they and Urban Meyer were praised for fighting through the adversity. Three drivers piloted the 18 (Crafton, Ragan, Jones) before Kyle returned. Kyle had the second most wins out of anyone and could've had more within those 11 races that he missed.

Bottom line: get over it. It's done. Move on.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I can see NASCAR changing the rule soon. If you're injured while in a Cup race, or preparing, you'll receive medical waiver. If you're injured in the other two series, or outside of NASCAR - sprints, late models, etc - you won't receive one.

What happened to Kyle at Daytona was partially NASCAR's fault, for NOT putting up SAFER barriers where he hit.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived