NASCAR is about as fake as the NFL anymore. Danica gets the pole in her first ever 500. Now, Gordon gets it in his last year... oh the drama!

The pole doesn't matter at all anyways. Especially at a track like this and in a race this long. I don't think it's fixed, though. I mean, it would be one thing if Gordon won the pole and then had a terrible car the rest of the time... but he was one of the four or five fastest cars in the duels and has been fast in qualifying.

Also, just saw on Fox Sports 1 that Kurt Busch has been suspended indefinitely.

The races don't have to be... the pole position though, can easily be. No one can exactly stop watch each lap. Could be their hype to get that story.

...Kurt Busch could easily switch over to IndyCar.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a strong possibility he could go to Indy Car & I could see him do that & if he does, it'll be in a Honda. Here's why.

Statement from Jim Campbell, Chevrolet vice president of Motorsports and Performance Vehicles: "Chevrolet has suspended its relationship with Kurt Busch indefinitely. We will continue to monitor the events surrounding Mr. Busch and are prepared to take additional action if necessary."(Team Chevy)

IMO, I'd say his Nascar career is probably done.

baltimoreravens.png

This is the first time I heard that Kurt was suspended."Outlaw" bites the dust.....again.

But Regan Smith replacing him for tomorrow?Dude,he replaced Smoke after that "incident" in August.

Plus,Regan and Kurt both raced for the 78,Regan from 2009-2012,Kurt from 2012 and 2013.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

That's a strong possibility he could go to Indy Car & I could see him do that & if he does, it'll be in a Honda. Here's why.

Statement from Jim Campbell, Chevrolet vice president of Motorsports and Performance Vehicles: "Chevrolet has suspended its relationship with Kurt Busch indefinitely. We will continue to monitor the events surrounding Mr. Busch and are prepared to take additional action if necessary."(Team Chevy)

IMO, I'd say his Nascar career is probably done.

You could probably nix Kurt going to Andretti in IndyCar if that's the case. (I think.)

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

So who's going to replace Busch?

I'm hearing Regan Smith. I don't think there's been an official announcement, though.

apparently Chevrolet has cut ties with him as well. Maybe just maybe this is what Smith can use to get back into Sprint Cup. Stewert-Haas will probably release Busch at season's end opening the door for Smith to sign a deal.

Think about this... Usually 1 Jr Motorsports driver per year moves on to better things.

Prime example: Brad Keselowski

If Regan Smith were to move up to Sprint Cup, that's two drivers leaving JR Motorsports (Smith, Elliott) at season's end.

I'm hearing Regan Smith. I don't think there's been an official announcement, though.

apparently Chevrolet has cut ties with him as well. Maybe just maybe this is what Smith can use to get back into Sprint Cup. Stewert-Haas will probably release Busch at season's end opening the door for Smith to sign a deal.

Think about this... Usually 1 Jr Motorsports driver per year moves on to better things.

If Regan Smith were to move up to Sprint Cup, that's two drivers leaving JR Motorsports (Smith, Elliott) at season's end.

Are they better off going with Regan Smith full-time after this season or just going back to 3 teams?

IUe6Hvh.png

Are they better off going with Regan Smith full-time after this season or just going back to 3 teams?
If they can get sponsorship or if gene haas wants a billboard for his cnc business,then run the car

If they can get sponsorship or if gene haas wants a billboard for his cnc business,then run the car
I really wasn't saying Smith would stick with Stewart-Haas... I was saying this is an opportunity for Smith to get back into Sprint Cup.

So by the looks of it the 500 won't have a Busch bro in it. That leg is definitely busted, could have been much worse. Hey NASCAR wake up, why doesn't a track this fast have safer barriers on the inside.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So who exactly will replace Kyle Busch while he's out? I can't really think of anyone. They have Erik Jones & Daniel Suarez in Xfinity but they haven't exactly proven themselves.

It hasn't even been announced what Busch's injury is, or if he'll be missing time.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived