So who exactly will replace Kyle Busch while he's out? I can't really think of anyone. They have Erik Jones & Daniel Suarez in Xfinity but they haven't exactly proven themselves.

It hasn't even been announced what Busch's injury is, or if he'll be missing time.
He is out, per the NASCAR app.

So who exactly will replace Kyle Busch while he's out? I can't really think of anyone. They have Erik Jones & Daniel Suarez in Xfinity but they haven't exactly proven themselves.

It hasn't even been announced what Busch's injury is, or if he'll be missing time.
He is out, per the NASCAR app.
and multiple credible sources on Twitter. Let the search for a replacement begin.

They'll probably grab somebody who missed the 500.

They'll probably grab somebody who missed the 500.

technically can't it only be someone who drives for Toyota as well? And if so, I don't think there really is that big of a group to pick from

I could see maybe either Jeb Burton or Erik Jones getting the nod, I would've also said Suarez but after his last 2 races here, well....

Matt Crafton has been tapped to be KyBu's replacement, per credible sources from ALL the sports networks.

Matt Crafton has been tapped to be KyBu's replacement, per credible sources from ALL the sports networks.

beat me to it... Also, Kyle Busch has sustained a right lower leg compound fracture and left mid foot fracture per NASCAR twitter account

I think it'd be a hell of a story if he does well but I don't see how he'll be able to just step into one of these cars with no practice and be able to handle one of them in the draft. I feel awful for Kyle Busch... no excuse for not having every wall covered with safer barriers. Would a safer barrier have kept him from breaking his leg, though? I guess at 90 or so mph dead-on, though, it could have been a lot, lot worse.

Well, Crafton may get his chance to shine. According to reports, Rowdy will be out 5-6 months.

Update from Joe Gibbs

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/2/22/kyle-busch-daytona-500-injury-status-update.html

I don't think I have a good understanding of that," Gibbs said when asked how long Busch would be out of the No. 18 Toyota. "Time or length, I haven't really, I don't have a good understanding with that for the doctors. I can tell you this, Kyle's already telling (wife Samantha), 'Hey, I just want to get back to racing.' He has a great spirit about things like that.

Edited by rvrdgsfn

LAME!!! Should of let them finish the last lap, way to kill the excitement of a great race nascar!!

I don't think anything would've happened had they kept them racing.

Really didn't want to see Logano win that. I know he has a fast car, but I can't stand by NASCAR's call on that finish. It looked like they were going to let them race to the end, but called the yellow relatively late.

Finish to the Daytona 500 was a complete buzz kill. Half a lap left, big wreck behind the leaders and they call a caution... Harvick and Junior were haulin' ass about to catch Logano

Ugh.... Results from Daytona

1.Logano

2. Harvick

3. Earnhardt Jr.

4. Hamlin

5. Johnson

6. Mears

7. Bowyer

8. Truex Jr.

9. Khane

10. Biffle

Well, at least the rest of the race was good. It's no secret I'm not a Logano fan but he just had a fast car. I was impressed with Ty Dillon & Matt Crafton driving today. Next up, Atlanta.

That was a hell of a finish right there.I was amazed by the finish.

Congrats to Joey Logano for winning his first Daytona 500,and is locked into the Chase.

Finish to the Daytona 500 was a complete buzz kill. Half a lap left, big wreck behind the leaders and they call a caution... Harvick and Junior were haulin' ass about to catch Logano

Agreed. It was amazing right up until the end, at which point it sucked. Why can't they just freeze the field behind the wreck and let the leaders finish the race? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I think there's a very good chance that Harvick makes the winning move because that's what he does. It's stupid he has to decide between the obvious strategy of staying in second and setting himself up to make a run on Logan off of turn four and going for the lead early and risking getting left out to dry.

If the wrecked cars had cleared the back stretch and there was a full open track, they would've let it go green. I suspect that there were a few cars stopped dead in the middle of the track and debris all over the place. Having 20 cars come down at even 80 mph at cars stopped dead on the track along with safety workers that are heading to the cars is stupid and dangerous. This from Saturday and is why NASCAR threw the yellow today at the end of the race: http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-xs/video/main-gallery/2015-nascar-xfinty-daytona-wallace-crashes-into-austin-dillon/ Yes, I would've loved to see the race end under green, but safety is more important than a race ending under green, but the truth of the matter is that no one was going to catch Logano anyway.

Then, if they want to have GWC's, which I am not in not in favor of, 500 miles is 500 miles, then they should rerack them as long as the checkered flag hasn't flown, then try it again.

This reminds me of the 2007 Daytona 500.There was a big crash off of turn 4 but they didn't wave the caution.

But this race,if they didn't wave a caution,we could had have a classic finish.