• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow there are a lot of crappy opinions in this thread. Nascar has set rules for GWC. Once they take the white flag, there can't be any more restarts. The race has to end, and more often than not it's exciting. Nascar threw the flag because it was dangerous. Driver safety is still a priority, believe it or not. That's why they throw cautions for debris. The reason they didn't throw a caution coming to the line in 2007 or whatever was because that was 2 miles down the track. But immediately after turn 2 you have stopped cars.

EVERYONE. Drivers, fans, Nascar wanted to see them finish that under green, but they just couldn't. And not one driver thinks that they should've kept it green, I'm sure.

Wow there are a lot of crappy opinions in this thread. Nascar has set rules for GWC. Once they take the white flag, there can't be any more restarts. The race has to end, and more often than not it's exciting. Nascar threw the flag because it was dangerous. Driver safety is still a priority, believe it or not. That's why they throw cautions for debris. The reason they didn't throw a caution coming to the line in 2007 or whatever was because that was 2 miles down the track. But immediately after turn 2 you have stopped cars.

EVERYONE. Drivers, fans, Nascar wanted to see them finish that under green, but they just couldn't. And not one driver thinks that they should've kept it green, I'm sure.

This guy gets it. I was going to post something similar to this, but I think you did a better job.

I'll compare yesterday to the Xfinity finish. In the XFINITY race, you had two cars spin with little to no contact with the wall. They were in the grass, far enough from the track and carried on afterwards. No caution needed. Yesterday? 10+ cars banging into each other, spinning and slamming the wall, debris everywhere. Safety crews had to be dispatched, so they had to wave a caution.

Simple as that.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

This guy gets it. I was going to post something similar to this, but I think you did a better job.

I'll compare yesterday to the Xfinity finish. In the XFINITY race, you had two cars spin with little to no contact with the wall. They were in the grass, far enough from the track and carried on afterwards. No caution needed. Yesterday? 10+ cars banging into each other, spinning and slamming the wall, debris everywhere. Safety crews had to be dispatched, so they had to wave a caution.

Simple as that.

I definitely was one of those people that was very upset it didn't end under green, but looking back on it, this makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, most still wont see it that way and will give NASCAR crap for it. So basically people complain about not having SAFER barriers everywhere on a track but then don't realize that safety of track workers and personnel is at risk and is just as important.

It was a great race. My opinion is that no one was going to catch Logano. Finishing under yellow was no big deal and really had no effect on the race. Besides, them's the rules, boys.

Also, to whomever it was that said the "fix" was in - Joey Logano?

BB52Big.jpg

Fox Sports 1 is discussing possibilities on who replaces Kyle Busch while he's out... Top 3 choices are Matt Crofton, Bobby Labonte, and Erik Jones. This scenario popped into my head:

(Assuming Kyle Busch returns this season)

What if whoever subs for him does extremely well? Hell even wins a race and secures a spot in the chase.

When Kyle is healthy enough to return, would Joe Gibbs take the replacement out and immediately stick Busch back in? Or would it be smarter for Gibbs to keep the replacement in to make sure Busch is 100%?

Also, is the replacement eligible to race for the Sprint Cup for himself or will all points be awarded to Kyle Busch?

Fox Sports 1 is discussing possibilities on who replaces Kyle Busch while he's out... Top 3 choices are Matt Crofton, Bobby Labonte, and Erik Jones. This scenario popped into my head:

What if whoever subs for him does extremely well? Hell even wins a race and secures a spot in the chase.

When Kyle is healthy enough to return, would Joe Gibbs take the replacement out and immediately stick Busch back in? Or would it be smarter for Gibbs to keep the replacement in to make sure Busch is 100%?

Also, is the replacement eligible to race for the Sprint Cup for himself or will all points be awarded to Kyle Busch?

Crafton and Jones are ineligible, so even if they win... Heck, no matter how many races they run, they are getting the same amount of points as Kyle: None at all. Also, there's no way that they're going to keep Kyle from racing. If he's healthy, he's gonna race.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Crafton and Jones are ineligible, so even if they win... Heck, no matter how many races they run, they are getting the same amount of points as Kyle: None at all. Also, there's no way that they're going to keep Kyle from racing. If he's healthy, he's gonna race.
Crafton got approved for 1.5 mile tracks today, but yeah to your point it doesn't really help either driver

Crafton got approved for 1.5 mile tracks today, but yeah to your point it doesn't really help either driver
I wouldn't say no one benefits here. Matt's getting the exposure and experience he never would have received just driving the trucks. The sponsors are still getting their exposure, the car is still getting owners points... So technically, people are still benefiting despite Kyle not being in the car ;)

Just a quick mock season split for THREE drivers for #18 (Matt Crafton, Bobby Labonte, Erik Jones) up until the Chase starts

Crafton has the majority of starts with 17

Labonte has 6

Jones has 2

Crafton-

Atlanta

Las Vegas

Auto Club

Martinsville

Texas

Talladega

Charlotte

Pocono

Michigan

Sonoma

Daytona

Indy

Pocono

Watkins Glen

Bristol

Darlington

Richmond

Labonte-

Phoenix

Bristol

Kansas

Dover

Kentucky

Michigan

Jones-

Richmond

New Hampshire

Nothing special went into deciding which driver starts which race. Honestly I just free balled it a drew out of a hat (not really but you get the point)

Just a quick mock season split for THREE drivers for #18 (Matt Crafton, Bobby Labonte, Erik Jones) up until the Chase starts

Labonte has 6

Jones has 2

Crafton-

Atlanta

Las Vegas

Auto Club

Martinsville

Texas

Talladega

Charlotte

Pocono

Michigan

Sonoma

Daytona

Indy

Pocono

Watkins Glen

Bristol

Darlington

Richmond

Labonte-

Phoenix

Bristol

Kansas

Dover

Kentucky

Michigan

Jones-

Richmond

New Hampshire

Nothing special went into deciding which driver starts which race. Honestly I just free balled it a drew out of a hat (not really but you get the point)

Calm down, the target time is 8 weeks at the earliest, 12 weeks realistically, so late April to late June is when he is expected to be back,but August would be my target. Then again, I'm no doctor, so what do I know :P

I expect him to be back before the chase, but it'll be a miracle if he's in the top 30 in time. He'll most certainly need a win, probably at Bristol or Richmond.

Hope he doesn't rush into it, as I remember Stewart saying he was feeling some pain at Daytona last year when he came back, though I think he had it worse than KyBusch.

Labonte has 6

Jones has 2

Crafton-

Atlanta

Las Vegas

Auto Club

Martinsville

Texas

Talladega

Charlotte

Pocono

Michigan

Sonoma

Daytona

Indy

Pocono

Watkins Glen

Bristol

Darlington

Richmond

Labonte-

Phoenix

Bristol

Kansas

Dover

Kentucky

Michigan

Jones-

Richmond

New Hampshire

Calm down, the target time is 8 weeks at the earliest, 12 weeks realistically, so May or June is when he'll be back, maybe even July. I expect him to be back before the chase, but it'll be a miracle if he's in the top 30 in time.

Hope he doesn't rush into it, as Stewart said he was feeling some pain at Daytona last year when he came back, though I think he had it worse than KyBusch.

lol I'm calm. I realize Busch will come back soon. That's why I said "free balling it". Why not just decide to go ahead and schedule who is racing where and when? Better to be safe.

I'll did what DNAsports did and do my mockup for the replacements of Kyle Busch:

Atlanta-Crafton (2)

Las Vegas-Crafton (3)

Phoenix-Crafton (4)

Auto Club-Labonte (1)

Martinsville-Labonte (2)

Texas-Crafton (5)

Bristol-Labonte (3)

Richmond-Jones (1)

Talladega-Labonte (4)

Kansas-Jones (2)

Charlotte-Crafton (6)

Dover-Jones (3)

Pocono-Labonte (5)

Michigan-Labonte (6)

Sonoma-Crafton (7)

Daytona-Crafton (8)

Kentucky-Labonte (7)

New Hampshire-Jones (4)

Pocono (2)-Labonte (8)

Watkins Glen-Crafton (9)

Michigan (2)-Crafton (10)

Bristol (2)-Crafton (11)

Darlington-Labonte (9)

Crafton-11

Labonte-9

Jones-4

EDIT:If they (the 18 team) chose one driver to race for them the entire season,who would it be?

As for Kurt,let's just say that Smith fills in for him for the rest of the season.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

So it sounds like Matt Crafton in Atlanta may not be so.

Jim Noble@Noble_Jim 5m

@TheOrangeCone: Hearing a driver w 2 career Cup wins will be subbing in the 18 this weekend.” Doubt the Cone at your own risk, people..

I'm hearing it will be David Ragan, which seems a little odd, but oh well.

So it sounds like Matt Crafton in Atlanta may not be so.

Jim Noble@Noble_Jim 5m

@TheOrangeCone: Hearing a driver w 2 career Cup wins will be subbing in the 18 this weekend.” Doubt the Cone at your own risk, people..

I'm hearing it will be David Ragan, which seems a little odd, but oh well.

But why Ragan? He has a ride with Front Row Motorsports.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived