So it sounds like Matt Crafton in Atlanta may not be so.

Jim Noble@Noble_Jim 5m

5 minutes ago

@TheOrangeCone: Hearing a driver w 2 career Cup wins will be subbing in the 18 this weekend. Doubt the Cone at your own risk, people..

I'm hearing it will be David Ragan, which seems a little odd, but oh well.

But why Ragan? He has a ride with Front Row Motorsports.

and drives a Ford... I always thought the replacement driver had to drive the same brand

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A ford rep said something along the lines of the driver only has a contract with a team and not the manufacturer, so it doesn't matter if Ragan is the 18 or not and it's up to Front Row Motorsports to decide

Remember when Stewart broke his leg, Mark Martin went from the 55 toyota (even if it was part time) to the 14 Chevy

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I may be the only one guessing this.....but David Reuitmann.

We haven't seen much of Reuti...I think since the "incident" at Martinsville in 2012 (to keep the #10 in the Top 35 so Danica would be locked into the field, that eventually led to Clint Bowyer's kamikaze move that gifted the win to Ryan Newman).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

It is official: David Ragan will be Kyle Busch's replacement this week at Atlanta. Now the question is this: Who - if anyone - will be Ragan's replacement?

EDIT: I've seen Reutimann's and Riggs' names kicked around, but Ryan Truex went to Twitter and tried to make his case to Front Row Motorsports.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

It is official: David Ragan will be Kyle Busch's replacement this week at Atlanta. Now the question is this: Who - if anyone - will be Ragan's replacement?

NASCAR reporter, Marty Smith, answered a million dollar question many people were asking on Twitter. If Ragan wins in the 18, he makes the chase.... in the 34 car.

This is confusing.Translator,please?

the Sprint Cup is the DRIVERS championship. There is also an OWNERS championship. Ragan is essentially driving for himself to win the Sprint Cup (if that makes any sense). The points he gains driving either the 18 or 34 are his. Owners also gain points based on how their teams finish each race collectively as a whole. Sorry if this makes absolutely no sense to anyone... it sounded better in my head.

Raise your hand if you predicted Joe Nemechek to take David Ragan's spot in the 34... NO YOU DID NOT.

Also, I think it was TMD where I heard that they expect Gibbs to run Ragan in the 18 through Mother's Day at Kansas, then let Erik Jones run for a little bit.

Crazy morning this morning in the ATL and it's just after 8:30. The 44 Xtreme team woke up to their hauler and car stolen while an SUV backed into Denny Hamlin's motorhome as well.

Another weekend, another disaster with qualifying. Some are blaming crew chiefs. Some are blaming NASCAR. The fault lies with both. Crew chiefs trying to push the envelope with the new rules packages, NASCAR not being on top of it and being stubborn, not delaying qualifying more than the pittance 15 minutes. NASCAR should have also anticipated problems.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

The blame can't be placed on NASCAR - the teams had all day thursday to get the cars in-line. The only reason this is an issue is because it Involved Mega Teams like Gordon, Johnson, Stewart etc. It's Funny How these cars that missed the qualifying session had teammates that made it through no problem. The fault is on the teams

(sighs)

Everybody is mad at this stupid quaiflying.I just hope that they can go with the single car.It will take them less time for Pete's sake!

But let's not complain about that.Let's just relax and enjoy the race tomorrow.

Did ya really think that through before you typed it? I don't think so. The issue was not the qualifying at all, it was the inspection. And no one can blame NASCAR because teams screwied up getting through inspection. NASCAR has their rules which teams know and have to follow, if you can't follow the rule, then you need to go back and fix your car until you can get through inspection. Anyone complaining about the inspection process really needs to think long and hard before saying anything because the process hasn't changed from last year, so the issue is with each and every team that failed inspection.

(sighs)

Everybody is mad at this stupid quaiflying.I just hope that they can go with the single car.It will take them less time for Pete's sake!

But let's not complain about that.Let's just relax and enjoy the race tomorrow.

Did ya really think that through before you typed it? I don't think so. The issue was not the qualifying at all, it was the inspection. And no one can blame NASCAR because teams screwied up getting through inspection. NASCAR has their rules which teams know and have to follow, if you can't follow the rule, then you need to go back and fix your car until you can get through inspection. Anyone complaining about the inspection process really needs to think long and hard before saying anything because the process hasn't changed from last year, so the issue is with each and every team that failed inspection.

The rules package has changed. And because of it, crew chiefs will push the envelope. Some drivers, though, complained about that too many teams were failing the same thing, teams from all three manufacturers. It was the rear camber.

NASCAR is never proactive, never anticipates that things may occur. This is an example of it.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived