College Hockey 2014-2015

RollTribe19

Never really seen a college hockey thread on the site so I suppose I'll give it a shot.

Not new to 2014-2015, but here are the three sets for the University of North Dakota. The best set of unis in college hockey in my opinion, although I may be a bit biased. Green pants and lids at home with the whites, black pants and lids for the road greens and also with the all black "business suits".

johnson.jpg

484200721-stephane-pattyn-of-north-dakot

MHockey-at-Omaha-2-9-2013_EC-77-575x382.

Notre Dame switched from Reebok to Under Armour like the rest of the school's athletics.

TUM6400-ND0.jpg

tumblr_inline_nd25fd6Reu1sifcgn.jpg

One of the changes made was the striping and the gold. Old Reebok on the left, new UA on the right.

tumblr_inline_nd25dmz2Cw1sifcgn.jpg

Boston college made the vertical sleeve stripes horizontal. Big improvement in my book.

new

bc-hockey.jpg

old

boston-college.jpg?w=400&h=225

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Nd set is beautiful, but it looses some of its charm when ypu scroll down and see the almost identical bc ones

Name one thing that is the same other than they both have the name on the front similarly...with completely different fonts? (Something both teams has done for as long as I can remember)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10682372_825293534158193_5790124294721126281_o.jpg

Air Force will wear these at some point. Their jersey manufacturer is Gemini Athletics out of Edina, MN. They supply quite a few D1 hockey programs and some of the USHL. They also make uniforms for many other teams of all sorts with a lot of Minnesota high school programs as well.

That Nd set is beautiful, but it looses some of its charm when ypu scroll down and see the almost identical bc ones

Yea, it's easy to confuse the navy and gold of Notre Dame with the maroon and gold of Boston College, isn't it? Nah, Not really. I do get the arched NOTRE and BOSTON, but the jerseys aren't similar at all.

Yea, it's easy to confuse the navy and gold of Notre Dame with the maroon and gold of Boston College, isn't it? Nah, Not really. I do get the arched NOTRE and BOSTON, but the jerseys aren't similar at all.
I don't watch any college hockey so i figured that nd's old unis were completely different. The striping pattern (and wordmark) is very similar. Looks like us has just used the same uniforms for both texams just changing the name on the front.

I was unaware of nd's history using the wordmark on front, but I guess it makes sense for a school like them

I don't watch any college hockey so i figured that nd's old unis were completely different. The striping pattern (and wordmark) is very similar. Looks like us has just used the same uniforms for both texams just changing the name on the front.

I was unaware of nd's history using the wordmark on front, but I guess it makes sense for a school like them

The Irish have plenty of blue on those home sleeves too.

You should check out a college hockey game sometime. It's a great sport and the hockey schools all have great traditions.

I'm really glad UA left ND's hockey jerseys alone for the most part. While they're inconsistent with the rest of the sports, they're absolutely gorgeous.

I go back on forth on this year's set.

It really, really, really bothers me that the striping doesn't match up with the doubly-outlined numbers.

If they were going to go with the more "basic" sleeve striping, they should've lost that extra thin outline on the numbers.

6fQjS3M.png

With their announcement of the jump to D-I does anyone think Arizona State will change the current set?

I'd think so since they are a Nike school and Nike brands their college hockey schools (Minnesota/Michigan State/Ohio State/Penn State) with the Swoosh and not Bauer.

With their announcement of the jump to D-I does anyone think Arizona State will change the current set?

1276117_698064540221621_1082213434_o.jpg

10.24-Hockey.jpg

hekle-hat-trick-game.jpg

I sure hope so! That white jersey is awesome, but the yellow looks a lot like Minnesota and the black? That one's a hot mess.

Side note: I really like Oklahoma's jersey!

Archived