2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Saw this in the paper. Thought it was funny. For the record, as a Canucks fan, Islanders > Canucks current primary. Link: http://www.gocomics.com/adamathome/2014/10/18#mutable_1220826

The Islanders have a terrible logo, but they've stuck with it so long and actually built history behind so it works. The Canucks have great jerseys with a terrible logo.

I still maintain if they ditched the whale but kept the striping and colours on their current home and away they would be up there with the best dressed teams in the league.

It is definitely time for the "Vancouver" script to go. I still maintain the orca by itself on the current jerseys would look solid.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this in the paper. Thought it was funny. For the record, as a Canucks fan, Islanders > Canucks current primary. Link: http://www.gocomics.com/adamathome/2014/10/18#mutable_1220826

The Islanders have a terrible logo, but they've stuck with it so long and actually built history behind so it works. The Canucks have great jerseys with a terrible logo.

I still maintain if they ditched the whale but kept the striping and colours on their current home and away they would be up there with the best dressed teams in the league.

It is definitely time for the "Vancouver" script to go. I still maintain the orca by itself on the current jerseys would look solid.

The whole thing should be scrapped.

This thread has become a terrible endless merry-go-round of debates about the Hurricanes, Canucks, and Stars.

Wash.Rinse,Repeat.

I'm almost praying some team releases an absurd third jersey or the Sharks' outdoor game jersey has "Jabber Jaw" on it just to break up the monotony.

That Canucks prototype had a slightly better chest, shoulder logo and my guess is number font than what the went with, but that terrible template and inferior color scheme make their current look the far better look.

However if they'd worn that in 07-08 I feel they'd be wearing something better currently than they are now.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Would you guys think I was weird if I said I prefer Columbus' third jerseys over their home jerseys? The more I see those uniforms the more I like them.

I'd agree with you... wearing the third jersey gives the Blue Jackets a look to "own". They look unique with the cream colored shoulders on the navy jerseys, with that striping pattern that includes the lighter blue (i love the striping pattern personally)..... I'm also partial to light colored shoulders on a dark jersey if it's executed correctly, like the Flyers for example. Their home/road navy jerseys with the red pants almost looks like the lovechild of the Rangers and Jets... obviously the Jackets were wearing these threads before the jets but they've gotten a bit stale IMO.

Would you guys think I was weird if I said I prefer Columbus' third jerseys over their home jerseys? The more I see those uniforms the more I like them.

I'd agree with you... wearing the third jersey gives the Blue Jackets a look to "own". They look unique with the cream colored shoulders on the navy jerseys, with that striping pattern that includes the lighter blue (i love the striping pattern personally)..... I'm also partial to light colored shoulders on a dark jersey if it's executed correctly, like the Flyers for example. Their home/road navy jerseys with the red pants almost looks like the lovechild of the Rangers and Jets... obviously the Jackets were wearing these threads before the jets but they've gotten a bit stale IMO.

BUT DUBLE BLU N VINTAGE WITE R THE WORS THING EVUR!!!1111111

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

I don't mind the Blue Jackets third, but it could really use a better crest.

Also, the Ducks white jersey has grown on me fast. I had my doubts about it at first but now I almost like it better than the black home version. Too bad I can't seem to buy one without customisation at the moment.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I've grown a little tired of the Blue Jackets alternate uniforms. At first it was sort of fun to see a completely different looking team out there, but I'm over it.

I haven't grown tired of their regular home and roads. I think they look fantastic and I wouldn't have a problem if they never changed for as long as I'm a fan of the team. I could live with some alternate blue pants to be worn with the white jerseys, though.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived