2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Remember when Washington was the first team to release their Edge jerseys and the board lost it's collective mind. Is the general consensus on here that they need to change or do some people like the look?

I wish they had a real logo instead of script in non-capital letters but that's me. The template isn't bad bad at all.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've come a long way since the design holocaust of 2007

jerseysignature2.jpg

Colorado is next in the crosshairs I bet

I can only hope....

But I highly doubt it. The Avs PR is doing a cryptic campaign now and many users are inquiring if it jersey related. They shot down any hope of new jerseys, saying the jerseys were safe.

Remember when Washington was the first team to release their Edge jerseys and the board lost it's collective mind. Is the general consensus on here that they need to change or do some people like the look?

I wish they had a real logo instead of script in non-capital letters but that's me. The template isn't bad bad at all.

I really liked Washington's jerseys when they came out. I thought the Cap and the Bruins were the best of the bunch back then.

Seven years later.... I still like the Caps, but the template does seem a little dated now. (My men's hockey team uses the Caps jerseys also)

I really liked Washington's jerseys when they came out. I thought the Cap and the Bruins were the best of the bunch back then.

Seven years later.... I still like the Caps, but the template does seem a little dated now. (My men's hockey team uses the Caps jerseys also)

The Capitals, in my opinion, have the worst jerseys in the NHL.

Have you forgotten about the Flames? With the flags, their jerseys feel like the designer had severe ADHD and wanted to fill any open areas. At least the Caps are somewhat clean and consistent.

Have you forgotten about the Flames? With the flags, their jerseys feel like the designer had severe ADHD and wanted to fill any open areas. At least the Caps are somewhat clean and consistent.
Absolutely correct. The Flames haven't looked good since the days of Lanny McDonald and Mike Vernon (1989). Get rid of the black!

They're not bad, but the fact that almost every CHL team with blue, white and red copy the Caps' jerseys. I'm not surprised to see a Memorial Cup final with both of those copycat unis at the same time

i feel like this entire era of capitals hockey hasn't aged well... from the logo, to the uniforms, to the ovechkin/green combo. even the weagle feels dated to me at this point, which is a shame, because i too thought they were one of the best redesigns by reebok.

this may be one for the "unpopular opinions" thread, but i'm absolutely sick of everyone saying to slap the weagle on the front of every capitals jersey. it is an okay logo with a very clever use of negative space... but it only really works on a white background, as far as i'm concerned. really not strong enough to be a primary logo to me.

We only have five holdovers from the Class of '07 monstrosities - Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Colorado, Calgary, and Washington. We've come so far.

I like Pittsburgh's and Washington's jerseys.

Washington's jerseys are great. Have no clue where the dislike is about.

Pittsburgh is just a fill-in of the Senators template. Those ones need to go.

Washington's are horrendous. The unnecessary piping, side panels, colour bleeding, contoured hems, and weird-ass white streaks all blow.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Washington's are horrendous. The unnecessary piping, side panels, colour bleeding, contoured hems, and weird-ass white streaks all blow.

And yet, still light years ahead of the Jagr-era royal blue, black, and copper. Yea, because those are the colors I think of when I picture Washington DC. Just like blue, white, and orange pop in my head when I say to myself, "Seattle Supersonics" - NOT.

And yet, still light years ahead of the Jagr-era royal blue, black, and copper. Yea, because those are the colors I think of when I picture Washington DC. Just like blue, white, and orange pop in my head when I say to myself, "Seattle Supersonics" - NOT.

IMO, I found that set better than the crappy wordmark. At least there actually was a real logo on the front.

(If only they hadn't scrapped the blue jersey...)

IMO, I found that set better than the crappy wordmark. At least there actually was a real logo on the front.

(If only they hadn't scrapped the blue jersey...)

I'm buying what you're selling if the Jagr eagle was in red, white, and blue.

My issue with the Caps' jerseys is that they're all front, no back. The sleeves have the white inserts and navy piping on the front-facing side, and the back looks barren by comparison. It feels unbalanced. The side panels feel dated at this point, and waist striping on the home jersey might as well not be there at all - it's nearly invisible.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Agreed. Let's put it in the "needs a makeover" pile and be done with it. Nothing can be said to justify their stupid uniform design at this point.

Also, death to the script logo. The Weagle on its own is miles better than many of the league's primaries.

Midway.png

I actually like the Caps jerseys. They're a nice, modern design that isn't over the top. The only change I'd make would be to have the striping from the front of the sleeves to repeat on the back.

This.

A caps fan once described to me that those current jerseys are a football knockoff meant to bring people in. Hopefully the team sees it the same way, which is why there's never been an alternate jersey.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived