2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when Washington was the first team to release their Edge jerseys and the board lost it's collective mind. Is the general consensus on here that they need to change or do some people like the look?

I wish they had a real logo instead of script in non-capital letters but that's me. The template isn't bad bad at all.

I really liked Washington's jerseys when they came out. I thought the Cap and the Bruins were the best of the bunch back then.

Seven years later.... I still like the Caps, but the template does seem a little dated now. (My men's hockey team uses the Caps jerseys also)

The Capitals, in my opinion, have the worst jerseys in the NHL.

They're not bad, but the fact that almost every CHL team with blue, white and red copy the Caps' jerseys. I'm not surprised to see a Memorial Cup final with both of those copycat unis at the same time

There are exactly two CHL teams that use Washington's jerseys: The Lethbridge Hurricanes and the Windsor Spitfires.

The Kootenay Ice still use their old Capital Blue, Black and Bronze color scheme, but obviously don't use their 1996-2007 jersey set anymore.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Remember when Washington was the first team to release their Edge jerseys and the board lost it's collective mind. Is the general consensus on here that they need to change or do some people like the look?

I wish they had a real logo instead of script in non-capital letters but that's me. The template isn't bad bad at all.

I really liked Washington's jerseys when they came out. I thought the Cap and the Bruins were the best of the bunch back then.

Seven years later.... I still like the Caps, but the template does seem a little dated now. (My men's hockey team uses the Caps jerseys also)

They're not bad, but the fact that almost every CHL team with blue, white and red copy the Caps' jerseys. I'm not surprised to see a Memorial Cup final with both of those copycat unis at the same time

There are exactly two CHL teams that use Washington's jerseys: The Lethbridge Hurricanes and the Windsor Spitfires.

The Kootenay Ice still use their old Capital Blue, Black and Bronze color scheme, but obviously don't use their 1996-2007 jersey set anymore.

Kootenay uses... Sigh... The Avalanche jerseys, but they moved the bib stripes to line the arms for some reason.

1297542546883_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

IEI5Tg1.png

Kootenay uses... Sigh... The Avalanche jerseys, but they moved the bib stripes to line the arms for some reason.

Because thats where stripes are supposed to go!! Not an apron.

Obviously not a real logo, but I have seen many Avalanche mockups with this fake hybrid logo.

Just thought I would clean it up:

avcol_zpsd82ebb02.png

Hmm not sure how I feel about that logo but might be a good 3rd alternate logo... hmmm...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Phew, thank the good lord the Caps don't wear anything like that. Even if they didn't go that route, I'm thinking the "Edgified" NHL would not have been kind to the Caps black, copper, and blue look.

90758391980.gif

I'm not sure that there's a good manufacturer for hockey jerseys out there.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

When will be the day that Reebok falls to its fate, only to be overcomed by a worse fate that is Nike?

Their contract expires in 2017 I believe, right around the time the last teams will have corrected their (major) mistakes. Which is the perfect time for Nike to come in and eff up all the progress we've seen.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Nike's work with national team uniforms has me convinced they would be worse then Reebok. If only because of their nonsensical template. I'd prefer it if they just stuck to Reebok. Or go to Bauer.

Doesn't Nike own Bauer?

The only other company that could take a shot would be Warrior, but seeing enough of their lacrosse work and what they've done with Liverpool, that would be the worst option.

Let's live with Reebok for now. It's the less of all evils.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

NO thanks for warrior, I prefer to keep females interested in hockey and feel like they're welcome

And NHL, see what happened with the NFL when they went to Nike. aka, nope good bye. Though, I do like the off field gear, but no jerseys

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The ONLY good thing about Nike would be better quality replicas. Though it would also mean us seeing this generation's greatest talents prance around in screen-printed rec league crap for ten years.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived