2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since they can't make anything decent that isn't soccer

Except if the World Cup is anything to go by, their soccer work is nowhere near decent.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Obviously not a real logo, but I have seen many Avalanche mockups with this fake hybrid logo.

Just thought I would clean it up:

avcol_zpsd82ebb02.png

Hmm not sure how I feel about that logo but might be a good 3rd alternate logo... hmmm...

I thought the same thing. Slap this on the shoulder yoke of the current alternate.

I still wonder how the city of Detroit can afford a new arena

They can't. Most of the money for the arena is coming from the Illitch's and the State of Michigan (bonds).

The entertainment district that will go up in the surrounding area will partially be financed by the City, using a tax over a 30 year period.

The City's development authority however will own the land and the arena. The WIngs however will get all gameday revenue from inside the stadium but they'll also be responsible for all maintenance costs, repairs, and security now.

Obviously not a real logo, but I have seen many Avalanche mockups with this fake hybrid logo.

Just thought I would clean it up:

avcol_zpsd82ebb02.png

Hmm not sure how I feel about that logo but might be a good 3rd alternate logo... hmmm...

I thought the same thing. Slap this on the shoulder yoke of the current alternate.

Better yet, just use the current colors and use this as the main crest instead

avcol2_zps668edb28.png

It is nothing I would want to replace the current logo.

I realize that this is a fashion jerseys, but I saw this at Fanzz and I always knew the Ducks jerseys were over-done and way too busy, but this fashion jersey shows how bad the Ducks jerseys are. If you just number this, even with the Ducks cutesy font, it's a nice looking jersey.

WindowsPhone_20140723_18_19_59_Pro.jpg

I realize that this is a fashion jerseys, but I saw this at Fanzz and I always knew the Ducks jerseys were over-done and way too busy, but this fashion jersey shows how bad the Ducks jerseys are. If you just number this, even with the Ducks cutesy font, it's a nice looking jersey.

WindowsPhone_20140723_18_19_59_Pro.jpg

Meh, i mean it's a glorified islanders jersey. Really wouldn't want the Ducks to be wearing anything like this. I think Anaheim should be wearing some sort of more modern uniform-- maybe their current ones aren't the best but the angled sleeve stripes have at least always represented the core of their quirky jersey history. Their unis could be cleaned up overall, including maybe color scheme, but I somehow prefer their current jerseys to anything like the above one.

Came across this jersey on Ebay. Never seen it before...

$_57.JPG

I realize that Buffalo made the 1999 Stanley Cup Finals with that logo and color scheme, but I still cannot believe they took away the royal blue, yellow, and white of the Sabres for that hot mess of a logo and generic red, black, and white.

$_57.JPG

I realize that Buffalo made the 1999 Stanley Cup Finals with that logo and color scheme, but I still cannot believe they took away the royal blue, yellow, and white of the Sabres for that hot mess of a logo and generic red, black, and white.

Don't forget the Demonic Goat Head, which I once thought was actually a good logo

$_57.JPG

Don't forget the Demonic Goat Head, which I once thought was actually a good logo

I thought "hot mess of a logo" was an accurate description of it but your "demonic goat head" comment is even better.

I actually liked that logo set, but not for the Sabres. It's the fact that the team isn't the Buffalo Buffalo, it's the Buffalo Sabres. The current and retro logo work well because you get sabres and a buffalo.

But when I was younger I didn't see the buffalo in that logo because I looked at it from right to left because of the hair/shoulder thing that's under the nose. So it always looked weird to be because I knew that it was supposed to be a buffalo but I thought it was some abstract buffalo with the horns behind the eyes and the back and tuft of hair under the nose was an open mouth.

IbjBaeE.png

$_57.JPG

I thought that black and red color scheme and mean buffalo head logo was the best look the Sabres ever had.

The Catch of the Day!

^Seconded.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Sabres' surrent logo, sans the gray (so I guess technically their throwback) but I feel as though it's dated. A perfect logo for the Sabres would actually be just an update of what they use now. If they were to take the crossed-swords logo that was introduced with the red/black set and use an updated version of the buffalo in their current crest, I think they would have one helluva logo.

Archived