2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

The closest I got to this was wearing a Leafs hat when I visited Calgary. The guy at Husky on Macleod yelled "Go Leafs Go" at me, but I'm not sure if he was making fun of me. Probably was, based on the tone of his voice.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a perfect NHL we'd have Hartford in navy/green/silver and Vancouver in kelly and royal, no silver. Plenty of room for two great green/blue identities.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The closest I got to this was wearing a Leafs hat when I visited Calgary. The guy at Husky on Macleod yelled "Go Leafs Go" at me, but I'm not sure if he was making fun of me. Probably was, based on the tone of his voice.

People from Edmonton go out of their way to try to make other cities look bad.

Some best friends are Oilers fans (living in Vancouver), yeah people joke around with them, but no one is being mean to them. The Blackhawks are despised in Vancouver, yet the people who are fans here don't seem to have as much problems as that one guy.

I it wasn't obvious enough, the city of Vancouver has the WORST fans. And this is coming from a Canucks fan

**NOT BEING RACIST AT ALL HERE, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY***

Earlier this past season I actually took physical abuse for wearing a Canucks jersey in my own city. I was walking through the Native Reserve after a Blackhawks/Canucks game viewing party at a friends house (he's native) and without going into details, a group of Native Blackhawks fans decided to jump and assault me for being a "Whiteboy with a poor taste in hockey teams." I know a lot of Natives in my city like the Blackhawks as their "second" team for obvious reasons, but it's been getting out of hand since the Hawks have become a dynasty. Almost all the Natives I'm associated with (friends and mutual friends) are now all hardcore Blackhawks bandwagoners. I get it, they're good, and they have a badass native as their crest. But WHY go and jump fellow citizens of the city that you live in, for supporting the local team. It's just ridiculous.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Now, I had no problem with what you wrote, but there are probably better ways to start off a post.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I almost got beaten up when i wore my Bruins jersey in Montreal for a Bruins-Habs game in regular season when Boston won 4-2. I was not taunting or anything, just happened to wear the wrong jersey in front of the wrong drunk, douchebag habs fan. It was the last time i ever went to a Habs game

Back in the 1970s i got beaten up for wearing my Ottawa Civics jersey by a Toronto Toros fan. Sure the Civics only lasted 6 games but man alive what a heated rivalry we had with Toronto.

:lol:

Do you have special jerseys with extra arm holes? Or do you just tuck?

Fun fact: the Toros franchise moved from Ottawa in-season when the city of Ottawa wanted a big raise for the next season. They played their regular season games as the Ottawa Nationals, and played in the playoffs as the Ontario Nationals in Toronto. They became the Toros the next season.

Trouble just seems to find you, doesn't it?

I live in a very rough part of an otherwise beautiful city. Being associated with a large generation of alcoholics/druggies/scrubs without common sense or direction in life doesn't help either. Take a walk through downtown Vancouver on a Saturday night and some jackass is gonna try picking a fight with you for absolutely no reason within 20 mins.

@BigBubba I figured someone here would look at what I said as story about hating on natives, when it isn't at all, someone always finds a way to take it the wrong way. That's why I put that down.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I live in a very rough part of an otherwise beautiful city. Being associated with a large generation of alcoholics/druggies/scrubs without common sense or direction in life doesn't help either. Take a walk through downtown Vancouver on a Saturday night and some jackass is gonna try picking a fight with you for absolutely no reason within 20 mins.

@BigBubba I figured someone here would look at what I said as story about hating on natives, when it isn't at all, someone always finds a way to take it the wrong way. That's why I put that down.

It's been a couple years but a girl and I walked from Waterfront Station to BC Place about 9pm and back around Midnight and we had no problems at all on a Saturday night.

I it wasn't obvious enough, the city of Vancouver has the WORST fans. And this is coming from a Canucks fan

Earlier this past season I actually took physical abuse for wearing a Canucks jersey in my own city. I was walking through the Native Reserve after a Blackhawks/Canucks game viewing party at a friends house (he's native) and without going into details, a group of Native Blackhawks fans decided to jump and assault me for being a "Whiteboy with a poor taste in hockey teams." I know a lot of Natives in my city like the Blackhawks as their "second" team for obvious reasons, but it's been getting out of hand since the Hawks have become a dynasty. Almost all the Natives I'm associated with (friends and mutual friends) are now all hardcore Blackhawks bandwagoners. I get it, they're good, and they have a badass native as their crest. But WHY go and jump fellow citizens of the city that you live in, for supporting the local team. It's just ridiculous.

We don't have the worst fans, but we do have some racists apparently.

I dunno, I'm a big guy so that never happened to me. I would walk through Gastown (and surrounding areas) quite regularly at night. The most that ever happened to me was getting asked if I had any drugs for sale and being constantly propositioned by hookers. I'm pretty sure at least half of the hookers were female. I think.

But on topic, I'm utterly mystified why "Stick In Rink" is such a popular logo. I just don't see the appeal. In fact I don't think the Canucks have ever had a half-decent logo. The Orca was the closest they got and it still stinks. I'm part of the group that thinks they should just blow it up and start over. Keep blue, green, and white...maybe add some silver if needed...and create a whole new identity.

What? I've literally had zero troubles walking through the city at night. Even in Surrey. Usually you only find trouble if you bring it on yourself.

Back in October 2008, my wife (still just girlfriend at the time) and I went to a Ducks/Canadiens game in Montreal. I wore my Ducks jersey while my wife brought along her Ducks jersey and had just purchased a Habs jersey before the game for her father for his birthday the next week.

There were four Habs fans behind us who chided me for being a Ducks fan while my wife told them she was a Habs fan, but became a Ducks fan after she met me. They weren't mean about it at all. In fact, during the intermission, they bought us a beer and a Coke under two conditions: 1. If the Habs score the next goal, my wife has to switch into the Habs jersey she just bought. 2. If the Ducks score again, which they said wasn't going to happen, I was not allowed to stand up and cheer.

Sure enough, the Habs scored early in the second to take a 3-2 lead, but the Ducks scored twice, both times, I just sat and clapped. After taking a 5-3 lead, they insisted she put the Ducks jersey back on. After the game ended with a Ducks 6-4 win, we shook hands, they said it wasn't so bad that I came all the way from Nova Scotia and got to see my team win and wished us a safe travel home. On our way out of the building, somea bunch of Habs fans quacked as us, but one very passionate fan shouted at us "GO BACK TO NEW YORK!" much to our confusion.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

In a perfect NHL we'd have Hartford in navy/green/silver and Vancouver in kelly and royal, no silver. Plenty of room for two great green/blue identities.

Agreed but the Whalers should have green as the dominant colour with navy, white and silver accents. Somebody made a fan jersey with that combo and it looked fantastic.

Archived